Anyone notice this .... ?

doll-baby

Women in church seem to have beautiful long hair ! Or at least at my church they do. I couldn't help but to notice that every other woman / girl had long hair Is this because they predominately wear modest hairstyles ? Just a thought, has anyone else noticed this in their church or other place of worship ?

Dude, I was thinking the same thing in church this morning (Lord forgive me)! I mean I know I saw at least 15 BSL-MBL healthy, gorgeous heads of hair. Both natural and relaxed. And a few were even longer. I wanted to ask some of them if they were Niko's cousin :giggle:

Yes, I've noticed that church-ladies/girls seem to have longer and healthier hair than the avg. BW I see on the street. ITA w/ your observation regarding the more "protective hairstyles". I think it's the buns and other updos that are primarily worn - those styles don't require massive heat and manipulation. Also, many churches shun hair color, especially colors requiring bleach.

BUT....I have been to MANY, MANY, MANY churches whose sisters had not-so-great hair, so I guess it depends upon the church and denomination.

lol, yeah this girl sat right infront of me with this thick beautiful head of mbl hair, I had to make a deliberate effort not to stare at the back of her head and focus on what the pastor was saying:blush:

I was checking out the ladies today too. And I was disappointed. Mostly weave and half wigs. Bad color jobs. See through ends. A lady in front of me had tailbone length 2b hair that was thick until it got to her bra strap. Then it became crazy thin to the point of being abt the width of a pencil for the next 7 or so inches after her bra strap. I wanted to snip it and invite her to the waist length 2013 thread lol.

But anyways, I wanted to see hair! I live in a middle to upper middle class area. What's the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lol, yeah this girl sat right infront of me with this thick beautiful head of mbl hair, I had to make a deliberate effort not to stare at the back of her head and focus on what the pastor was saying:blush:

I do a whole lotta looking around, too. In my mind, I'm devising a regimen and then prescribing DCs, protein treatments, etc. for those who are "folliculary challenged".

LHCF will do that to ya, smh.

Last edited:
I was checking out the ladies today too. And I was disappointed. Mostly weave and half wigs. Bad color jobs. See through ends. A lady in front of me had tailbone length 2b hair that was thick until it got to her bra strap. Then it became crazy thin to the point of being abt the width of a pencil for the next 7 or so inches after her bra strap. I wanted to snip it and invite her to the waist length 2013 thread lol.

But anyways, I wanted to see hair! I live in a middle to upper middle class area. What's the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
:blush: :lachen::lachen:

Yes!
I go to a megachurch so there's stadium-style seating, so you get a good view of everyone from the top section. I always see so many people with long hair (BSL+) when scanning the perimeter.
My church is not conservative, so I really don't think it is because of conservative styles. It could be that people are just learning more about haircare. But it could also be that 1) they are far away so I can't tell whether or not they are weaves (and I'm bad at that anyway), or 2) my church is so big with so many people so it's probably not an accurate portrayal of society as a whole.

Last edited:
I WISH that was my experience with the women/girls at my church. Most of them wear braids, wigs and weave...coming in second would be thinning, relaxed hair, with BC's/natural hair taking third place.

Nope. Can't relate. Some of the people I saw with the shortest hair (and some of the most damaged) was in church.

Don't laugh ya'll (esp sipp100), but all of the sudden, after seeing my somewhat disappointing (to me) progress post-wigging, half the world in my church is protective styling, turning up with half-wigs and weaves to transition fully to natural. Ahem, I am not trying to take any credit, (cuz I may not deserve it!) just thought it was a funny coincidence! :look: #just sayin#

I noticed that back in the '90s when I went to church at a time when crispy, crunchy curls - the type that you use hairspray or "spritz' before curling with a hot iron, (waterfall curls, etc), glued down finger waves and other drying, damaging styles was the norm.

Most of the people in church did not wear their hair in those styles and their hair was pretty healthy and long (usually BSL) in general. They typically wore simple, more traditional, conservative styles: buns, french rolls, long pageboy with loose curls, etc. Of course, there was some exceptions.

I also knew of some young women whose fathers (and sometimes mothers) didn't allow their daughters to cut their hair, at least it was discouraged - even as adults. They were typically middle to upper middle class...

Back