Anyone hiding their "before" pictures?

Hi Ladies. I just posted on another thread that I've been keeping my "before" pictures (after a recent setback) to myself. I'm only going to post them after I've got some good "after" pictures to show my progression. I was wondering if any of you ladies are keeping private pictures of your hair that would embarrass you now, but be an inspiration to other ladies after you've made some progress?

nope Im not! I still have my bald head pictures from when I did the BC. no shame in my game. My edges were thin, scalp was showing and everything. I think its pointless to just bust out with "Hey Im waistlength now come take a peek!" when they havent really showed how they progressed to waistlength. Can we see a starting point please? Thats why adrienne is one of my favorites because at least she showed the length she was before. I mean hey I could understand if you didnt want to take pics of your hair before, but Im just intrigued by "progress" more than anything.

Nope...I have shown my hair from the beginning.

I do have tons of permie pictures I thought about adding, to show how my hair was long ago. I just have not gotten around to doing it.

I need to post some pics of my hair as a teenager. My hair never grew past 4 inches. I just have been to lazy to scan and upload.

Once I get to brastrapI definetely will be motivated to do it since I believe it might give someone else who has never been able to grow their hair some hope and encouragement.:)

If I had my scanner working I would put my before pictures in my album. I'm not ashamed of them if anything they are proof that hair is resilent, cause I have done some terrible things to my poor head! But thank God I educated myself on haircare and my hair grew longer than it has ever been.

No not really. I never had a TWA. I do have a pic of my relaxed hair that I will scan in one day. We really don't have lots of pics of ourselves, it's only in the last few years since my brother and I got digital cameras that we've started taking recent pics and I'm documenting for here now.

i dont see any point in hiding your before pictures till you attain a certain length....to me seeing progress is better then just "bam, im at brastrap"

Thanks for the replies, ladies. While the rest of my hair continues to grow I've got very very short hair in the back section of my hair. It's like a strip of hair almost from one ear to the other. I've taken picture of the section so that I can tell if it's progressing, but I don't feel comfortable posting them just yet. I'm waiting until that section gains more length.

CandiceC said:
Hi Ladies. I just posted on another thread that I've been keeping my "before" pictures (after a recent setback) to myself. I'm only going to post them after I've got some good "after" pictures to show my progression. I was wondering if any of you ladies are keeping private pictures of your hair that would embarrass you now, but be an inspiration to other ladies after you've made some progress?

I should be ashamed of the before pictures but nope, they're out there. They are pure motivation I tell you!

I was going to say no...but I thought about it and yeah...I'm hiding any side pictures...my little edges are so sparse and broke and uneven...I'm waiting on an after before those come out. I do wish I had more BEFORE pics with my hair styled but I hate taking pictures so there arent to many to be found.

Nope, I posted my before pictures the minute I started my hair care challenges and Im SO glad I did, people do follow your journey and are inspired by your progress, I think its better than holding on to them, I was less prone to people NOT believing that I made progress.

Last edited:
Back