Anyone else a SUPER SLOW hair grower?

naturalmanenyc

I have always known that I do not get .5 inches of hair per month but I am starting to think that I only get .25 per month. :perplexed

It looks as if I have only gained an inch of growth in 4 months....albeit growing out pretty even given that I have not trimmed since April 23.

comparisonshotBKT-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/4th-bkt-done-all-on/

Yes, I absolutely feel this way. I will however keep updated measurements of my new-growth to track it accurately. I measure 2 days ago and I will measure 30 days from then.

i dont know if you would be interested in growth aids bu they are an option. Myself I have used MN for about a little over a mnth now and it has helped me with my slow growth. There are also man other options just search for growth aids in the search box. Only if your interest though

Me, me, me....Im a slow grower!!!!!!! Amongst my many other hair issues, my hair also grows at a snails pace.

That looks like avg. growth in 4 months to me (or maybe my perception is off since my hair grows slow too, lol).
If your hair does grow slower than .5 inches per month, I don't think it's as slow as .25.
I know I can't measure it from the pic but it looks like about 1.5 inches growth? And 2 inches would be the average for that amount of time.

I feel like I'm growing really slowly, too. I'm tempted to get some dye just to dye one little streak to check my growth rate. I never really paid attention to my hair growth when I used to dye my hair all kinds of funky colors, since I just used to keep it short almost all over.

I, too, am a member of slow-growers annonymous. I look at all the progress pics and even with my setbacks I feel like I'll never reach my goal. That's why I don't keep up with my fotki. I was at mid-ear length in Jan. 08 and here it is Aug. 09 and I'm only grazing shoulder length :-(

i dont know if you would be interested in growth aids bu they are an option. Myself I have used MN for about a little over a mnth now and it has helped me with my slow growth. There are also man other options just search for growth aids in the search box. Only if your interest though
My hair grows at average rythm, but i want to call about the MN. I started using this two days ago, and call me crazy, but i think (I think) that i can notice a little grow, so you may wanna try this.

I am a super slow grower too. I don't think I have even 1" of growth since Dec 08. This is very strange because I do not see any hair on the floor, I rarely trim..., yet my hair seem to be getting shorter. Weird, weird..., so I am going to lock it up under a weave for a while and see if there is any difference in length.

Your hair looks great though. It might be growing slow, but it is growing! It used to bug me when I see threads saying definitively that AA hair grows .5" per month - I know LOTS of people who do not get that amt.

I feel like mine grows slowly as well. I'm going to get in twists and braids with extentions to help me make it thro this winter and stretch.

Hopefully when I take them down and get a wash and set for a bit before I go back into them, ill see some growth. I had a huge setback I'm basicly starting from where I was when I first joined. :( hopefully spring 2010 will be good to me.

mine grows slow. i should have been sl but i bc's on the 1st. maybe next dec i'll get there fully natural. slowly but surely.

My hair really grows slowly. sometimes I have an unexpected growth spurt but since I started on my hair journey my growth has been snails pace. The weird thing is that when I really didnt care much about my hair - it seemed to grow faster.
Maybe it is just a case of the "the watched kettle never boils"

I think I'm a slow grower also, im not really sure. I feel like I should be much farther than I am, but I cut a couple times, but im not sure if that really affected anything. I wanted to ask, how often do you wash your hair? I totally noticed when I did a challenge of washing 3 times a week, i got a lot of noticeable growth. I think it may be a cleaner scalp.

I too am a slow grower, and I don't get anything close to the "average" 0.5 inches per month.

A couple of years ago I tried growth aids, reacted badly -
1. to MN (terrible headaches) so stopped after a couple of days and
2. to ORS Nape and Temple Balm - dry, peeling scalp.

So I've learned to accept my growth rate :)

My hair grows really slow too. When I used to relax i needed a touch up once a month (i waited though) so I thought my hair grew fast and it was just breaking off. Now when I look at fotki's of people that stopped relaxing the same time as me they have hair that is alot longer than mine. i took a pic before I dyed my hair again. This pic was taken 4 months after dying my hair.

Attachments

• 3monthgrowth.jpg
    3monthgrowth.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 53
i'm a slow grower as well, averaging 1/4 inch per month. when i take my vitamins religously i will double this amount ....off to pop those pills since it's on my mind.

Hi, my name is Growinstrong and I am a SUPER SLOW hair grower :sad:. I think we need a challenge specifically for us ladies. I've been starting to incorporate vitamins, protein shakes, nuts, eggs, beans, lots of water, fruits and veggies to my normal routine. I was about 1.5" to MBL when my stylist took it upon herself to give me a trim (cut). Now, I'm about 1" to BSL. No biggie, but still, its the principality :lachen: of it all. Anyhoo, that's what I'm doin to increase this dern, slow growin hair.

Me. I get maybe .25 a month, maybe. My nails grow slowly and thin as well. I am noticing some difference now that I am taking digestive enzymes. I think my body may not process protein as well as it should.

Well it's good to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. I was thinking about this just last week while taking pics for my BC update (actually I shaved my head) on Fotki. I was like what's the point :rolleyes:.

I'm not too worried about it though because as slow as the growth might be, I do see progress and most importantly for me, my hair is the healthiest its been in years. :yep:

Slow Grower here! I am BSL now but my hair is only that long b/c i havent trimmed in 1 year and 7 months lol.
When i was relaxed i trimmed once every 3 months with my relaxer. Then i changed to once every 6 months - STILL NO RESULTS
basically growing 1/4 of an inch a month = 3 inches a year. Subtract 2 trims that year (1 every 6 months) of just an inch (we know often the stylist even cuts more than this) and you get 1 inch retention. THIS IS MY LIFE :( If i showed u my 07 progress pic, you'd think i took it yesterday :lachen:
Oh and i take a gazillion vitamins and MT, MTG, MN, BT, and BM did NOTHING for me accept give me headaches, make my hair stink or clog my pores....

Last edited:
Im a slow grower too. without vitamins 1/4 inch per month. With vitamins, 1/2 in most areas of my head. My daughter is the same, her last relaxer was April 18th and she has 1 inch of NG (unstretched). I guess once its relaxed it may be a little over 1 inch.

Slow grower checking in.. I think I get less that .25 a month seriously.. I am no where near an inch when I relax at 12 weeks:nono:

I'm a slow grower. Op my hair grows at the same rate .25 inches a month. I get an inch every 4 months:ohwell:

I suspect, my diet is to blame. Lack of nutrients, and a poor diet cna cause your hair to grow slowly. I'm changing what my diet because it was causing me acne issues as well. If 4 months has passed and i'm still growing the same rate I'll just accept it and try to retain as much as I can.

Your hair looks very healthy though!

Supa Dupa Slow Grower here and I Feel Your Pain..I just want to give up sometimes really I've tried weaves, wigs, bunning, growth aids and strecthing my relaxer. NOTHING!!! and I mean NOTHING!!! accelerates this peach fuzz:wallbash::wallbash:Creeping out of my scalp!!!:nono: First photo September 2008, 2nd December 2008, 3rd March 2009, and 4th July 2009. Some months I think I get 1/8" growth:wallbash:

Attachments

• hair photos 001.JPG
    hair photos 001.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 16
  • hair phots & jeremy 1.7 months 009.JPG
    hair phots & jeremy 1.7 months 009.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 12
  • update June 007.JPG
    update June 007.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG