Anyone else a SUPER SLOW hair grower?

I've got two. I am a slow grower and a growth spurt grower. :perplexed

It is as if my hair is moody and decides when it wants to grow and I just have to live with it. :ohwell:

And the worst part is I never know what I will get or when either one of these growth moods will hit.

So I guess my hair is a moody grower:perplexed:spinning:

It is as if my hair is moody and decides when it wants to grow and I just have to live with it. :ohwell:

And the worst part is I never know what I will get or when either one of these growth moods will hit.

LOL too funny my hair needs counseling or something. Maybe I need to put xanax on my scalp:lachen:

OP and Jenn22588 My hair grows the same. I've actually used braids to track my growth and in 4 months I had 1 inch of growth. It's a little disappointing bc you join and you see people go from SL to APL in a matter of months and realistically that isn't feasable for me

I definetly fit in ! I have been a member since 2006 and I am not even APL yet. I will be super surprised if I ever make it to BSL at the minimum. So you are not alone.

Yep I dont even think my hair grows some months to be honest. Been here 3 years and havent hit BSL. Sad

Mine is super slow - I've been trying to get to full APL from shoulder for 2 years now.

My hair does look far healthier than it did before I joined the board - so I'm not complaining.

Girl, I was ROTF with this post:drunk::drunk:!! I had to have a hard laugh because I TOTALLY identified with your frustration! This sums it up totally for me, lol! I am your twin, fo real!

Supa Dupa Slow Grower here and I Feel Your Pain..I just want to give up sometimes really I've tried weaves, wigs, bunning, growth aids and strecthing my relaxer. NOTHING!!! and I mean NOTHING!!! accelerates this peach fuzz:wallbash::wallbash:Creeping out of my scalp!!!:nono: First photo September 2008, 2nd December 2008, 3rd March 2009, and 4th July 2009. Some months I think I get 1/8" growth:wallbash:

Whenever I cut my hair short, it seems to grow back really fast and then it get shoulder length and starts dragging along. I don't think I get .5inches but, now I'll start trying to measure.

Girl, I was ROTF with this post:drunk::drunk:!! I had to have a hard laugh because I TOTALLY identified with your frustration! This sums it up totally for me, lol! I am your twin, fo real!

IDK Mystic, You seem to have made good progress to me..I'd kill for your thick Pony tail, and those twist are awesome. THANKS for feeling my pain:grin::grin::grin:

Slow grower here! I chopped all my hair off Sept 2007 and kept it short through Thanksgiving of that year. Matter of fact, Thanksgiving was the last time I cut it and it was maybe 1/2 inch long then. We're dang near to Thanksgiving 2009 and I am nowhere near on my way to 12 inches of hair. I've had 2 or 3 trims since then, but nothing major. It's like the growth just came to a halt this year. I can't figure it, because I exercise more now. I use Ayurveda. I probably take better care of my hair this year than last year. Very frustrating. I know a girl who BC'd this spring, and I promise you by next spring, she will have more length than me. :nono:

The only saving grace, like many have mentioned, is that my hair is healthier. :yep:

I am definitely a slow grower ... for my 11 month transition I only gained 4 inches in the middle but 3 inches everywhere else.

I am going to observe the growth rate after my BC.

Do you grow around your periods? I think I do.

I don't see a lot of breakage either but I am not seeing growth. My hair is thicker though so I guess that is a positive.

I am a super slow grower too. I don't think I have even 1" of growth since Dec 08. This is very strange because I do not see any hair on the floor, I rarely trim..., yet my hair seem to be getting shorter. Weird, weird..., so I am going to lock it up under a weave for a while and see if there is any difference in length.

Your hair looks great though. It might be growing slow, but it is growing! It used to bug me when I see threads saying definitively that AA hair grows .5" per month - I know LOTS of people who do not get that amt.

I have a pretty good diet, lots of protein, veggies, water & I work out at least 3 days a week (sometimes 5 days) but still not visible length on a monthly basis. When I was relaxed I had touch ups at about 12 weeks so I guess my growth spurts have long since passed?

Hi, my name is Growinstrong and I am a SUPER SLOW hair grower :sad:. I think we need a challenge specifically for us ladies. I've been starting to incorporate vitamins, protein shakes, nuts, eggs, beans, lots of water, fruits and veggies to my normal routine. I was about 1.5" to MBL when my stylist took it upon herself to give me a trim (cut). Now, I'm about 1" to BSL. No biggie, but still, its the principality :lachen: of it all. Anyhoo, that's what I'm doin to increase this dern, slow growin hair.

Me. I get maybe .25 a month, maybe. My nails grow slowly and thin as well. I am noticing some difference now that I am taking digestive enzymes. I think my body may not process protein as well as it should.

I have had minichops, taking off the relaxed ends, but I still expected to see results. 12/30/2009 will be 2 years since my last relaxer and I definitely will not have 12 inches of hair by then. I have 7-8 inches in some places and at this growth rate I will not hit my BSL goal for a while.

Slow Grower here! I am BSL now but my hair is only that long b/c i havent trimmed in 1 year and 7 months lol.
When i was relaxed i trimmed once every 3 months with my relaxer. Then i changed to once every 6 months - STILL NO RESULTS
basically growing 1/4 of an inch a month = 3 inches a year. Subtract 2 trims that year (1 every 6 months) of just an inch (we know often the stylist even cuts more than this) and you get 1 inch retention. THIS IS MY LIFE :( If i showed u my 07 progress pic, you'd think i took it yesterday :lachen:
Oh and i take a gazillion vitamins and MT, MTG, MN, BT, and BM did NOTHING for me accept give me headaches, make my hair stink or clog my pores....

I'm a slow grower. Op my hair grows at the same rate .25 inches a month. I get an inch every 4 months:ohwell:

I suspect, my diet is to blame. Lack of nutrients, and a poor diet cna cause your hair to grow slowly. I'm changing what my diet because it was causing me acne issues as well. If 4 months has passed and i'm still growing the same rate I'll just accept it and try to retain as much as I can.

Your hair looks very healthy though!

Supa Dupa Slow Grower here and I Feel Your Pain..I just want to give up sometimes really I've tried weaves, wigs, bunning, growth aids and strecthing my relaxer. NOTHING!!! and I mean NOTHING!!! accelerates this peach fuzz:wallbash::wallbash:Creeping out of my scalp!!!:nono: First photo September 2008, 2nd December 2008, 3rd March 2009, and 4th July 2009. Some months I think I get 1/8" growth:wallbash:

Slow grower here! I chopped all my hair off Sept 2007 and kept it short through Thanksgiving of that year. Matter of fact, Thanksgiving was the last time I cut it and it was maybe 1/2 inch long then. We're dang near to Thanksgiving 2009 and I am nowhere near on my way to 12 inches of hair. I've had 2 or 3 trims since then, but nothing major. It's like the growth just came to a halt this year. I can't figure it, because I exercise more now. I use Ayurveda. I probably take better care of my hair this year than last year. Very frustrating. I know a girl who BC'd this spring, and I promise you by next spring, she will have more length than me. :nono:

The only saving grace, like many have mentioned, is that my hair is healthier. :yep:

I am a slow grower, it has been over four months since my relaxer and my initial starting length, and if you see my length check in my fotki (i did get a lil trim but still :( ) you can see for yourself that not only am I not growing fast, but my hair seems to be thinning out as it does get longer.

I am a slow grower myself but I MN has been very helpful to me and has my growing the normal half inch a month now and even a tiny bit more in some months.

:oops:....., was that comment meant for me????? I have a thick ponytail? hmmmmmm, I had no idea! If you meant me, thanks for the compliment, lol!:grin::grin:.

I totally felt your pain because I am right there with ya!

IDK Mystic, You seem to have made good progress to me..I'd kill for your thick Pony tail, and those twist are awesome. THANKS for feeling my pain:grin::grin::grin:

I have never tried MN. I've always been paranoid to try anything other than Megatek.

I am a slow grower myself but I MN has been very helpful to me and has my growing the normal half inch a month now and even a tiny bit more in some months.

Back