Anybody thinking of becoming a hair model?

KurlyNinja

We all put so much into our hair and trying to make it healthy and long. Has anybody ever thought "Maybe I could make some money off of all this?" I never personally thought about it until I thought about just how much more effort, time and money I put into my hair health then 98% of the people around me. I just wanted to know if anybody was trying to pursue becoming a hair model or is/was one?

I was asked when my hair was relaxed and long. I said no. They do all kinds of "not so good" stuff to your hair to get the styles they want.

Never really thought about being a hair model per se, but I have been asked to wear my natural hair out more in photo shoots that I've done recently. The photographers love the fro lol

I've done it once or twice as a favor to my stylist for hair convention/competitions when my hair was short. I got free color, cut, and styles out of the deal so I loved it. Now that I'm trying to grow my hair out & healthy I don't think I would do it though- they can do a lot to your hair for the sake of great pictures or a good show & I'm thinking it could cause a setback if you're not careful. Maybe every once in awhile just for the experience...but definitely not regularly.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

I did it a while ago... Modeled for Clairol for a few shows around the country. I was their "reds" model. I started out with healthy Tex-laxed mbl hair, and after the tour I had an unintentional shoulder-length bob (the sylist cut my hair wet after I told her NOT to) that was multi-colored from the multiple dyes and bangs after my hair broke off in the front. Paid well with travel included, but I'm JUST getting my healthy hair back... Au natural. Proceed with caution!

I did it a while ago... Modeled for Clairol for a few shows around the country. I was their "reds" model. I started out with healthy Tex-laxed mbl hair, and after the tour I had an unintentional shoulder-length bob (the sylist cut my hair wet after I told her NOT to) that was multi-colored from the multiple dyes and bangs after my hair broke off in the front. Paid well with travel included, but I'm JUST getting my healthy hair back... Au natural. Proceed with caution!

:nono:
No Ma'am.

I've modeled for publication in the Black Hair / Hype Hair / Universal Salon mags. I didn't feel that my hair's health was being compromised in any way. I would do it again under the right circumstances.

I launched a healthy haircare magazine not long ago. I did tons of auditions to assess the health of the models' hair and when it came time to do photo shoots I made sure all of the stylists complied with my rules regarding healthy haircare. I was adamant that no one's hair be damaged while working on my set...and thankfully no one suffered any hair damage (or any other kind of damage...lol).

I launched a healthy haircare magazine not long ago. I did tons of auditions to assess the health of the models' hair and when it came time to do photo shoots I made sure all of the stylists complied with my rules regarding healthy haircare. I was adamant that no one's hair be damaged while working on my set...and thankfully no one suffered any hair damage (or any other kind of damage...lol).

Very cool!! What magazine?

I like it! :grin: Where would I purchase this magazine? I have several co-workers going natural and they are struggling. This would be helpful.

I like it! :grin: Where would I purchase this magazine? I have several co-workers going natural and they are struggling. This would be helpful.

Thank you! Right now its only available online but people keep asking for hard copies so I may have to change that in the future.

Love the magazine! I don't mean to hijack the thread but the picture of this lady's hair that appears on Page 40:

Doc3-vi.jpg

Is it normal for her ends to look so straggly (not trying to be offensive; can't think of a better word)? It looks to me like some type of damage, perhaps from heat. That's how my ends recently looked (long stringy pieces) and I just cut them off. In fact looking at the picture makes my fingers itch to grab scissors.

Love the magazine! I don't mean to hijack the thread but the picture of this lady's hair that appears on Page 40:

Doc3-vi.jpg

Is it normal for her ends to look so straggly (not trying to be offensive; can't think of a better word)? It looks to me like some type of damage, perhaps from heat. That's how my ends recently looked (long stringy pieces) and I just cut them off. In fact looking at the picture makes my fingers itch to grab scissors.

She's a member here (can't think of her screen name at this moment) but her hair was soaking wet because we dunked her head under a water fountain (don't ask...just know she's a trooper...lol). By the time it dried those pieces were just as curly as the rest.

Back