Anybody pushing for CL here?

yeah,
the front is shorter (it stretches past my bottom lip)
but the sides and back are about collarbone and a little past.

thanks!
i'm glad you like them
it's the first set of twists i've done
that i've actually worn "out" lol

Exactly! That's what I'm talking about. So many people on the board are pushing for these long goals but again I guess my point was if you always had short hair, and we want to think positive, then that means that we have to break this down a little bit. And trust me, if my hair was at least 2 inches shorter than High Priestess, then that would be longer than it has even been.

However, since coming to this board, my hair is longer than it ever has been. My hair in the back is 6 inches and is below my collar, pushing my shoulders when straight. But that's just because it's in the back :nono:
It's funny how the hair can grow different lengths on each side too as well as the back being longer or shorter than the rest.
The long hair gals here talk about v-shape, etc.

Hey, is there any way to change the title? I want to include the CBL in the actual title so people won't mistake it for Classic.

On the sides, my hair is chin length, but the sides are pushing Neck length, longest it's ever been.

In the front, yeah it's over my lips.

The back is in the middle of my shoulder blades!

Take a look at the attachment.

Isn't Collar Bone the same as SL? :look:

No. For hair purposes, no it isn't.

SL is hair that is falling below the real shoulders. Just like BSL is hair that is touching around your bra strap.

Collarbone Length is hair that is longer than Neck Length, that is laying past your collar or maybe the collar around your clothes. But is not anywhere near your shoulders.

No. For hair purposes, no it isn't.

SL is hair that is falling below the real shoulders. Just like BSL is hair that is touching around your bra strap.

Collarbone Length is hair that is longer than Neck Length, that is laying past your collar or maybe the collar around your clothes. But is not anywhere near your shoulders.
Ava...where's the picture?? I don't see it here, just a red X :perplexed

So what is your length considered?
I see your pictures, but what are you really? :perplexed
The chart is confusing to me. Is SL the same as CL?
I thought CL was shorter than SL but not touching the shoulders. :look:

Hey, is there any way to change the title? I want to include the CBL in the actual title so people won't mistake it for Classic.

On the sides, my hair is chin length, but the sides are pushing Neck length, longest it's ever been.

In the front, yeah it's over my lips.

The back is in the middle of my shoulder blades!
Woe! I didn't think of that?
Too many abreviations here.
But there aren't a lot of classic length people here. A few lucky ones...yes, :rolleyes:but not enough I don't think to worry about.
HP

length.jpg

So I am guessing that "Collar Length" would probably be the 16" mark and the "Shoulder Length" would be the 18" mark. Although I'm not sure because they both appear to be shoulder...
Anyone? Chime in if you will.
I'll see if I can find something better.:spinning:
PS. I guess the collar might be where the hair hits the bottom of a collar of a "shirt collar".

In the above pic I would say CBL is about 15" and SL is 16". I'd like my new growth to reach CBL but I don't think I will be there by February... maybe the very bottom layer. :)

I would think CL is longer than SL. Your hair hits your shoulder before it hits your collarbone.

So what is your length considered?
I see your pictures, but what are you really? :perplexed
The chart is confusing to me. Is SL the same as CL?
I thought CL was shorter than SL but not touching the shoulders. :look:

I am SL right now. My hair is touching my collar bone right now.

but to be honest. I am a little confused too now that I really think about it.

I use to think that SL met your hair was touching your shoulders :perplexed? If that's the case then the diagram I originally posted it not correct.

Meaning Collar Bone Length is just what it it? :ohwell:

Okay I'm sort of confused right now. But just for my own sake I am going to continue to believe what is stated on the diagram.

But if someone could shed some light that would be great.

So I'm going to stick with my original statement.
SL - CL

Last edited:

Yes collarbone is the same as SL....here's a MEDICAL link describing how the collarbone *is* your shoulder: http://www.painbustersclinic.com.au/body/shoulder.htm

If your hair is touching your collarbone then for "hair purposes" you are FULL SHOULDER LENGTH.....the next *hair point* (for lack of a better description) is APL as is displayed by this chart that has already been posted. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7569&d=1196797826 :yep::up:

My hair is CBL. I measure my hair based on the bone in front of my neck, just beside the soft spot at the bottom of my neck. It's about 3 inches below my shoulder line. If I were to just measure shoulder and APL, I would have gotten discouraged a long time ago. I would feel like my hair wasn't going anywhere!

yep right now i am past chin length but above cbl. i'm hoping to get to cbl by next relaxer in feb/march and sl before summer. :)

eta: thank you op for starting this thread. i was wondering about the length between short and sl and why nobody brought it up.

Yes collarbone is the same as SL....here's a MEDICAL link describing how the collarbone *is* your shoulder: http://www.painbustersclinic.com.au/body/shoulder.htm

If your hair is touching your collarbone then for "hair purposes" you are FULL SHOULDER LENGTH.....the next *hair point* (for lack of a better description) is APL as is displayed by this chart that has already been posted. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7569&d=1196797826 :yep::up:

According to the top link you sent, the collar bone is only 1 part of the shoulder but not to the end of the shoulder...is that right? :spinning:
But then the 2nd link shows the collar bone...yes?
It looks like they are missing something in your 2nd link diagram.
Here it shows shoulder length where collar should be and I would think that the shoulder length would be between the collar and armpit...anyone?

Last edited:
I am SL right now. My hair is touching my collar bone right now.

but to be honest. I am a little confused too now that I really think about it.

I use to think that SL met your hair was touching your shoulders :perplexed? If that's the case then the diagram I originally posted it not correct.

Meaning Collar Bone Length is just what it it? :ohwell:

Okay I'm sort of confused right now. But just for my own sake I am going to continue to believe what is stated on the diagram.

But if someone could shed some light that would be great.

So I'm going to stick with my original statement.
SL - CL
Yes, I would say CL for you. I just love how healthy it looks. :yep:

Back