Anybody NOT a Product Junkie?

I think I've gotten it out of my system (REJOICE) and am pretty happy with my current staple products. I feel like, if it ain't broke don't fix it, and feel like trying too many different things can potentially kill my hair and make it fall out.

Every now and then I am tempted, but when that happens I just step away from the computer lol and regroup :grin:

ITA...I guess it just all sounds so tempting when you see all of the positive reviews on the board for sooooo many products:spinning:and then the bss will have you like :drunk: I could spend an hour just browsing and never leave with a thing!

**raises hand** I was a PJ when I first came to LHCF. However, once I found my staples, that was over!!

My philosophy is simplicity+consistency=hair growth.

I've never been a product junkie. The main reason is because I am a frugal and for some reason I don't like spending money on myself. I have most of my staples. All I need now is someone to help me style this hair.

I am not, never was, never will be a PJ...

I remember when I first heard the term, I thought I was a PJ. That's because I tend to use too much of whatever I was using. My mom calls me "heavy handed" :grin:

Seriously though, I like to K.I.S.S.

My everyday products:

Herbal Essences Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner
Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner"
Almond, Olive or Kemi Oyl
LaBella Gel (Blue, #10)

My "straigtening" products (as in I feel like having straight hair today)

Only the best will do:

Joiko K-Pak Silk Result shampoo and conditioner
Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner"
Almond, Olive or Kemi Oyl
Silk Therapy as a finishing shine

Joiko K-Pak Reconstructor once a week.

I just have what is in my siggy. Every time I stray away from my Pantene Conditioner everything goes wrong!

That's the truth righ there! Every time I try something else, my hair turns against me! I have been using Pantene products since I was a small kid (...when they used to only sell it in department stores...) so if it ain't broke don't fix it I guess :lol:

That's the truth righ there! Every time I try something else, my hair turns against me! I have been using Pantene products since I was a small kid (...when they used to only sell it in department stores...) so if it ain't broke don't fix it I guess :lol:

I've never been a PJ. I like the idea of trying new things but then I remember that most things that work for others don't work for me.

Sometimes I will resist an expensive product because I don't want to have a $25 bottle of serum become one of my must-have staples.

I think I'm a recovered PJ as well. I no longer run to the mall or different stores trying to find the latest and greatest thing in hair-care. I have a basic routine that consists of pretty natural things (Castile soap, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, deep conditioning treatment, and my oils). It feels good to be a slave to different products anymore (though sometimes my inner PJ begs to come out).

As of noon today, I AM NOT!!! If God gives me the go ahead and things work out okay, I'll be buying my first house by the first of December. No more products for me.... Well, I have enough to last two years or more:look:

Back