Anybody look better with updos than with long hair down?

RegaLady

So I blowdried and pressed my hair this passed week and I thought I would be swangin and looking good considering the progress I made over the last couple of months. Needless to say, something about my hair hanging down wasn't vibing with me. In other words, I wasn't impressed.:ohwell: So I took my hair and put it into a top bun with some bangs and I LOVED IT!!:love: Even some relatives told me that while they were impressed by my hair growth, they felt I looked better with my hair up.

So long haired ladies, have you found that you look better with your hair up, either in buns and updos than when it is down and flowing?

I am one of those people. Before I began my HHJ I got sew-in updos all the time! I think it's my head shape. lol My fave was an updo with pincurls n sticks. I like to add the hair sticks but my hair is too short to do it on my own now.

i love my hair but i feel that i look better with buns and updos too. i have a narrow face and wearing my hair down just makes it look more narrow and long...smh

Everyone says they prefer me with my hair up because it really shows off my face, jawline and neck.

I don't see it, so I wear my hair down mostly. :perplexed

I wore updos and buns for years at a time. All throughout highschool even. When I went natural, my hair became so short that I couldn't do it anymore. I got used to having my hair around my face. I think I look a little more sophisticated w/ my hair pulled back, but I get much more attention w/ my hair out.

I'm too bored of updos & buns to go back now. LOL!

I've been told I look better with my hair up but one thing I will say is that I look better with a short "bob like" cut than with longer hair. I've grown my hair to my bra strap about 5 times over the past 10 years, just to turn around and cut it every time because I prefer it shorter. Now I just focus on having healthy hair and not necessarily long hair. It's currently just a couple of inches past my shoulder and even this feels too long to me.

Back