Anybody Admit to Wistfully Looking at Photos of Someone Else's Hair?

One thing I definitely have found out through participation/viewing this site...as much as you admire someone else's hair, even if you have their regimen and products down pact, that doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to 'recreate the look.' Everyone's hair is different and responds differently...even to the same regimens and products. You really have to become comfortable with your own hair, and appreciate its own assets...and challenges (not going to use the word 'liabilities'), such as they are. Sometimes that can be difficult when compared to a head of lush, long, thick, healthy hair, whether natural or relaxed, that some women seem to grow with little to no effort! That bible verse by Paul come to mind: I've learned to be content abase and abound. (Running fingers through hair) I'm feeling a bit abase at the moment, but I know abound is coming!!!!! :grin:

One thing I definitely have found out through participation/viewing this site...as much as you admire someone else's hair, even if you have their regimen and products down pact, that doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to 'recreate the look.' Everyone's hair is different and responds differently...even to the same regimens and products. You really have to become comfortable with your own hair, and appreciate its own assets...and challenges (not going to use the word 'liabilities'), such as they are. Sometimes that can be difficult when compared to a head of lush, long, thick, healthy hair, whether natural or relaxed, that some women seem to grow with little to no effort! That bible verse by Paul come to mind: I've learned to be content abase and abound. (Running fingers through hair) I'm feeling a bit abase at the moment, but I know abound is coming!!!!! :grin:

Exactly! We will ALL get there, in our own unique way!

BTW, Love this thread... I would say I admire the many, many gorgeous tresses on LHCF, especially when I view comparison pics "between short beginnings and heading to the floor"...and knowing I'm in good company is mucho, mucho, encouragement for me.

I would agree there are lots of pictures I view for inspiration but the two that I consider not only my inspirations but mentors are

Kemi
http://public.fotki.com/kemi21/

and Lina
http://members.fotki.com/okorolina40/

I recommend all the natural head ladies who are staying on this journey to view these albums from time to time. These ladies are so supportive and sympathetic to our plight and just really good about encouraging sisters on the natural journey. Before you ask yes when my hair grows up I hope it is like Kemi's. The woman's hair is fierce!

:scratchch: Where to begin ISIS, Sweet Cashew, Macherieamour, Naturaline(:love: the fullness), All the Sylvers (serious about changing my name to Hot Silver/Sylver!-there's something in that name), :shocked:Naturallady (the growth in the length of time), Reniece, Blackbarbie (esp as a blonde!), Lonei, qtslim, Bre...ok you get the idea OMG DSylla (not quite sure what I'd do with all that hair but I'll take it first and figure the details later) I :heart: thick healthy hair so for me that'd be a good start there are soo many my bookmark folder is bursting:grin:

PS: Did I mention Mochamadness? Like/ want Whip's shiny hair...ooohhh shine my pretty, Sareca just for the shine and the fullness ok I'm done now:look: Actually just one more...no I'm done for now:drunk:

*Tiptoeing to add* Miss Scarlett, Cichelle, STL...ok really i'm done:)

OMG!! YOu mentioned my name? If black people could blush:blush:...thanks lol!

BTW...(stands up slowly) I too stalk...I mean look wistfully @ other's photos. Especially Macherieamour, Sistaslick, Reniece, Loveya, SweetCashew, Miss Kibibi, Lonei, Den, and Dsylla...the list goes on...

are you KIDDING me??? there are a ton of women on here who's hair i admire! Chicoro and Isis are 2 of my favorite naturals... i am jealous of their length and how healthy they've kept their hair! :lick:

and i absolutely LOVE looking at you relaxed ladies with long, thick, healthy hair. it makes me proud to see black women taking good care of their hair and showing the world we CAN have this gorgeous long hair without weaves. :yep:

Back