Any transitioners thinking about heat training in the future?

newbeginnings2010

I'm contemplating it...I'm definitely going to be heat free for the duration of my transition, but I really want to be able to enjoy the length when I reach my goal. Now I'm not talking BONE straight. More like texlaxed. Anyone else feeling the same way?:perplexed

Of course not. :nono: For me personally, that a relaxer. :imo:

But that just me. :look:

It does have the same effect, but I'm sure it's not nearly as harmful as relaxers. It is chemical-free. I guess it would depend on why a person chose to go the natural route.

Anyways, I guess it's just me! That's okay. I enjoy being uniquely me! :grin:

m nt transitioning, ive been natural before and i ended up texlaxing (which doesnt work for me @ allllll) n then relaxing (which i m relaxed now) but ive been toying with the idea of transitioning, then later on bc'ing, but if i do, best believe ill b heat training! I just feel like it would be better to heat train natural hair than texlaxing but i could b dead booty wrong! Lol =)

I don't want to intentionally heat train my hair, but I will definitely be using heat. I've used heat substantially throughout my transition, and I think my hair might be a little heat trained. But again, not my intention, my hair is just short, couldn't think of anything else I wanted to do with it.

Now i'm in braids, and if the braids work well for me, I will keep them up as opposed to using heat all the time.

Well I am currently transitioning and I wear buns all of the time now due to the heat and humidity. But once the weather breaks, around October I plan to wear my hair out more often, so I will be blow drying or air drying and flat ironing once a week. I know what I am doing so I don't plan on causing any damage to my hair.

I am not transitioning, I ended it in May after 15 months (I think), but I definitely used heat during my transition. I alternated between twist outs and straight hair. I love my straight, and I love my big natural hair. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. And I dont think my hair suffered at all from the heat. I can wear wash n go's and my hair curls right up. I am not using heat for the duration of the summer, because it is too dang hot and my hair puffs at the slighest drop of humidity, but when it cools done, I will straighten my hair a few times in the colder months. Not too much though because I am loving my big hair. I have been wearing my hair straight for 15 plus years, I am ready to just try something different. But I dont want to heat train my hair because I love my curls too much.

I will definitely use heat, but only after I meet my goals. I won't heat train my hair though. I am transitioning for a reason. I want my curls to be pretty and not damaged and frizzy. I envy the ladies that can use heat frequently and their hair snaps back. It would be damage galore and frequent trims for me. However, I will most likely start straightening once a month when I reach MBL (full). I don't want heat to ruin my progress and retention.

For my hair, putting a lot of heat in it is the same as being over processed so I will not "heat trained" (purposely damaging) my hair.

Well, I'm no longer transitioning (BCed 7/18), but I wouldn't want to "heat train" my natural hair because I love my curls too much :yep: When I want to see length, I'll flat iron.

I'll be using heat but I don't plan on heat training. I got my hair pressed and curled for years and never experienced heat damage or "training". So, I'm not gonna intentionally try to change my texture but I will be using heat once a month in the cooler months.

...I was a heat trained natural for the first 4 years of my natural journey and my curls have not suffered...But that's just me...

I probably will not ever wear my hair 100% straight ever again. I like the versatility of my curls, but I did enjoy my straight hair! Do what you feel, OP!

I'm contemplating it...I'm definitely going to be heat free for the duration of my transition, but I really want to be able to enjoy the length when I reach my goal. Now I'm not talking BONE straight. More like texlaxed. Anyone else feeling the same way?:perplexed
What is your definition of heat training?

I am a true 4b and I will be heat training with out causing excessive damage. With my hair type a little heat is necessary to get rid of SSK etc..
I plan on using heat with blow drying (tension method) once a month and an occasional flat iron. (May skip the flat iron most of the time)

I am a true 4b and I will be heat training with out causing excessive damage. With my hair type a little heat is necessary to get rid of SSK etc..
I plan on using heat with blow drying (tension method) once a month and an occasional flat iron. (May skip the flat iron most of the time)

I'm somewhat of a true 4b but I have just a few 4a curls like the one in my avatar. Your idea sounds good to me. I was thinking of air drying and flat-ironing once a month.

I'm complete natural & I sometimes toy w/ the idea of heat training my hair but I decide to do it, it would be by blowdrying my hair & not the flatiron.

Back