Any Relaxed/Early Stage Transitioners using Lustrasilk cholestrol as a leave in?

MummysGirl

I've seen a number of natural heads with good results using Lustrasilk shea butter cholestrol as a leave in/for styling e.g. twist outs, twist n curls, etc... the results have been so yummy :lick:

Any relaxed or transitioning ladies using it for this same purpose too?

I hope so cos I'd love to try it out :-)

Thanks in Advance...

P.S. I have to confess I bought a tub on Friday, lol... it was only £1.99, I couldn't help it :grin:

Last edited:
Not yet, but after reading Pokahonta's twist and curl post, I think I may try it.

Yeah!!! And her curlisto method using Lustrasilk thread too.

I first read about it on someone's blog/website and I just assumed it would only work for natural hair but I want to try it :-)

I am transitioning, 27 weeks post, and loving the Lustrasilk.. for my wash n go's. Sorry I don't have any pics, my son lost the digital camera, and I have to replace it. I usually conditoner wash with tressemme curly moisturizing conditioner, leave in is Longhair Lovers Leave in with emu oil, and then, the lustrasilk, spraying with distilled water and castor oil for sealing. So many compliments, and I love it. In the morning, I moisten with distilled water and castor oil mixture and air dry, then off to work. Oh, I forgot, I lay my edges down with Hairveda whipped gelly and coconut oil.

Yayyy :-)

Thank you :-)

Are you texlaxed or relaxed?

So I should use my usual leave in (giovanni direct) before applying the lustrasilk?

I am transitioning, 27 weeks post, and loving the Lustrasilk.. for my wash n go's. Sorry I don't have any pics, my son lost the digital camera, and I have to replace it. I usually conditoner wash with tressemme curly moisturizing conditioner, leave in is Longhair Lovers Leave in with emu oil, and then, the lustrasilk, spraying with distilled water and castor oil for sealing. So many compliments, and I love it. In the morning, I moisten with distilled water and castor oil mixture and air dry, then off to work. Oh, I forgot, I lay my edges down with Hairveda whipped gelly and coconut oil.

I am going to purchase some Lustrasilk today. I am still having trouble finding coconut hair oil.

I also need to buy a digital camera so I can track my progress! I am addicted to growing my hair long now!

I am texlaxed, which is why my wash n gos' probably look so good.:grin: I have more waves and curls than I probably would have if I were relaxed bone straight. I have also cut my relaxed hair monthly, so it is really looking the way I want it to. I don't know if you want to use your leave in, I have to because I find that my new growth is extra dry and I don't want to experience breakage along the demarcation line. I don't manipulate my hair at all while it is drying. I will use the Joice chelating shampoo, every two weeks, since I conditioner wash two to three times a week.

Yeah it's a good moisturizing leave in. I'm texlaxed and I can wrap with some in my hair dry and comb it down and its moisturized and soft...Very light.

Back