Any Natural hair styles that will last me two weeks? tired of dealing with hair daily

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed
please help, i just want a natural hair style that i dont have to deal with every single day. im tired of detangling my hair and im tired of putting product in it. i just want to leave it alone so i can retain length. i just dont want to bother hair for two weeks. so that makes it only twice a month that im combing hair and when i finally do comb it, it wont be that much to detangle becuause it was protective styled. so pleaseeeee just let me know of a two week hair style.

thanks so much in advance!!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Re: Any Natural hair styles that will last me two weeks? tired of dealing with hair d

straight???

Re: Any Natural hair styles that will last me two weeks? tired of dealing with hair d

Twists or braids with your own hair

Twists or braids with your own hair

thanks foxglove, i want to twist my own hair but i dont want to look like a little girl.

i want to twist my own hair but i want to form a style with the twists. i dont know how to do that like alot of other girls do.

Pretty difficult! But I would say rollersetting and wearing that for 3 days then twisting your rollerset and wearing that for 3 days next take the twist out and wear that 2 or 3 days and finally curly-froing or puffing it out or frohawking it--that might take you through a few days:rolleyes:. But honestly, even when I was relaxed, I washed and restyled my hair every week, sometimes every 3 days. Good luck!

Last edited:

Yea I was going to suggest pixies or some type of cornrows if you're looking not to comb your hair for a while.

Pretty difficult! But I would say rollersetting and wearing that for 3 days then twisting your rollerset and wearing that for 3 days next take the twist out and wear that 2 or 3 days and finally curly-froing or puffing it out or frohawking it--that might take you through a few days:rolleyes:. But honestly, even when I was relaxed, I washed and restyled my hair every week, sometimes every 3 days. Good luck!

Off topic but that jojoba brush is amazing!!!

Twists, twist-outs, pixie twists

Pixie braids

Comb Coils<--Easily

Straw Set

Flexi rod set

Crochet Braids (bout to do this on my mom then myself:grin:)

Cornrows or flat twists in the front and small braids or twists in the back

Full head flat twists into a bun (bout to do this one on my friend:cool2:)

Straightening via a blowout and flat iron pin curled at night (gonna do this on my neighbor to help her through her stretch:yep:)

Twists, twist-outs, pixie twists

Pixie braids

Comb Coils<--Easily

Straw Set

Flexi rod set

Crochet Braids (bout to do this on my mom then myself:grin:)

Cornrows or flat twists in the front and small braids or twists in the back

Full head flat twists into a bun (bout to do this one on my friend:cool2:)

Straightening via a blowout and flat iron pin curled at night (gonna do this on my neighbor to help her through her stretch:yep:)

thanks BMP. i just dont want my hair to be out. i wish i knew how to cornrow!!!!!!!!!!!! sad.

im the best at twist outs. but i would still have to do my hair every day

I twist & wear my twists in various styles (ponytailed, french rolled, 1/2 up's, bunned, or just left alone) for up to 10 days then I wear a twist out for 3 or more days.

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed
please help, i just want a natural hair style that i dont have to deal with every single day. im tired of detangling my hair and im tired of putting product in it. i just want to leave it alone so i can retain length. i just dont want to bother hair for two weeks. so that makes it only twice a month that im combing hair and when i finally do comb it, it wont be that much to detangle becuause it was protective styled. so pleaseeeee just let me know of a two week hair style.

thanks so much in advance!!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

I'm still looking for something that works 2 weeks for my hair as well. Lately I've been doing flat twist into an updo with double strand twist and the ends curled. But this style gets really, really frizzy after about 5 days. Not terrible, but to me it needs to be done again. I'm experimenting with different stylists (I've never done my own hair relaxed or natural because I just know nothing about hair) to see who's technique will keep my hair secure longer. I like the lady I just went to last, but I have another appoinntment next week with another lady.

When I was natural I use to twist my hair in small or medium twist and they would last for up to a month. I found the the tighter I wound it, the better. I used shea butter AND I was even able to wash it in the twist as well. I would wear it down, in a bun, half up in a barrette...you get the idea. When I was tired of it or when it started to get a bit frizzy, I would wash it and then do a twist out. Making it over a month of me not having to comb my hair.

I hate to be repetitive, but...

Twists...?

I usually can wear the twists themselves for a week or two and then a twist out for a week. Right now I'm doing twists in a bun like in my siggie.

There are a lot of options out there for low maintenance.

Back