Any LHCF members in high school/college??

Hey ya'll 20 year old checking in. I've been lurking on this site for a little over a year :look:, I've barely posted on here but I sure have benefited from all the information. Saying hello to my fellow youngins :grin:
STATS
-College: Junior at University of Kentucky
Majors: Political Science and French
Length- Fully Natural and SL as of now
Goal Length: APL by the end of 2010 :yep:
Ultimate length: BSL, MBL, WL...heck, whatever length I can achieve!
Current hair status: In kinky twists, currently following Crown & Glory Method as well as JUICING and loving it :grin:
Staples: Care Free Curl :lachen: (new staple thanks to the ladies in the Juicing challenge ), Lustrasilk conditioners, Coconut, Jojoba and Castor Oils, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap.

Hello, I'm 20 and I'm in college. I go to a private christian university in abilene, TX, McMurry University.

Right now, I'm working on a regimen. But I love rollersets for my hair and I'm now oiling my scalp with castor oil mixed with a little coconut oil.

23 in college majoring in business.. i joined when i was 21... my regi is simple.. cornrows under wigs for the most part and i'm transitioning now. so, this reggie works well for me.. as far as products, everything works the same on my head, so i'm still looking for the next best thing. I've been consistent w/ ORS replenishing paks/bottle, and the aphogee line, so, thats where i am right now. =)...

im 20 turning twenty one in june,

i'll admit idk why but i feel like a child on the forum, haha.
well im in college . a sophmore at cleveland state university :)
majoring in political science (pre-law)

however, i have to shoutout canada since im tranferring to York University next year!

my regi is all over the place to be honest. so i wouldnt really be able to say :S

Last edited:
I just turned 17 I joined when I was about 15 Im a Natural 4a/b Im not really into hair typing i just knw my hair type is poofy lol my regi um well I just go with the flow between work and school I find not alot of time for myself so I wash when I feel the need and moisturize daily with water and Jojoba oil. Now that the weather is warming up I may go back to my summer regi of washing every 2 days not for sure yet oh and I try to use mostly natural stuff....

Last edited:
Hi :look: im a usual lurker but decided to post today

Im an 18 year old freshman at southern university in baton rouge, louisiana

Ummm currently grazing apl [yes im claiming it]

reformed pj lol because i need to start living on a budget as a college student

staples are (currently:look:) silk elements mega silk heat protection spray, africa's pride herbal healing shampoo+conditioner, dr. bronners unscented liquid castile soap and a africa's best regular dual conditioning relaxer once every 3-4 months...and suave coconut conditioner for random cowashes :yep:

oh, and my name is chelsea :)

Last edited:
Welcome, TheSUprincess!!:grin:

Um, I've had pics of my unplanned texlax from last Friday, lol. I've just been too lazy to post them. Normally, my hair is an EXTREMELY tight, coily, frizzy, 4aish.

1st/2nd - Right after the last shampoo of the relaxer.
3rd - Trying to show texture. I want to say I overdid the top, but my hair is much looser right there, it doesn't even coil. It just waves, so it's dang near straight now, lol.
4th - After I put the deep conditioner in it. It hung so nicely... :lick:
5th - Again...trying to show texture, lol..

Attachments

• DSC01480.jpg
    DSC01480.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC01481.jpg
    DSC01481.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01486.jpg
    DSC01486.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC01487.jpg
    DSC01487.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01489.jpg
    DSC01489.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 13
More pictures:look:

1st - Length shot. This is...however long my signature thing says from a bald chop, lol.
2nd - Random picture my friend took, just trying to show how big it gets when it's dry again. :grin:
3rd - When my hair grows up...:lick:

Attachments

• DSC01495.jpg
    DSC01495.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01509.jpg
    DSC01509.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 24
  • colormysoul1.jpg
    colormysoul1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 17
Geeeesh... I'm like the oldest person on this thread and by far, the shortest at 4'10"... lol. I have a baby face, too, bte!
I'm 22 (my bday is in January, so no, I did not get held back!) and I am a senior at Virginia Tech.
Right now, my hair is in Senegalese twists so I wash, condition, and apply leave-in conditioner on Sundays. During the week I alternate between oiling my scalp and applying a conditioning concoction I made consisting of MegaTek, Dr. Miracle's Intense Spot Serum and Leave-In Conditioner, ORS Olive Oil Lotion and ORS Carrot Oil Cream.
When I take my twists out, I will be installing crochet braids for a month, so I will follow a similar regimen with those, except I will be experimenting with biotin and how it affects my growth.
Right now, staple products are: ORS Olive Oil Lotion, IC Gel, Action Exclusives Ace Oil Therapeautic Shampoo (dilute with water and baking soda for wash days), Coconut Oil, Garlic (for shedding = FABULOUS), DooGro Stimulating Growth Oil.

I'm 24 and currently attend Ohio State University. I really just started my hair care journey I haven't had a perm since June 2009 but my first time actually experimenting with my natural hair was last week up until then my hair was either in Micros or Kinky twists. I tried the Silicon Bambu mix which I absolutely love. I am now also starting to try Mega-Tek to see what results I can get.

Were you trying to relax your hair then, and it just came out underprocessed, or?

Nah, lol. It was more like ok...I was relaxing it, and it was taking a really long time, and I started to like how it was hanging, so I rinsed all the relaxer out, lol. I wouldn't really consider it "underprocessed." :)

Geeeesh... I'm like the oldest person on this thread and by far, the shortest at 4'10"... lol. I have a baby face, too, bte!
I'm 22

Nah, I'll be 24 in July...and the lady below you is also 24, hehe. :D

I'm 22 (my bday is in January, so no, I did not get held back!) and I am a senior at Virginia Tech.
Right now, my hair is in Senegalese twists so I wash, condition, and apply leave-in conditioner on Sundays. During the week I alternate between oiling my scalp and applying a conditioning concoction I made consisting of MegaTek, Dr. Miracle's Intense Spot Serum and Leave-In Conditioner, ORS Olive Oil Lotion and ORS Carrot Oil Cream.
When I take my twists out, I will be installing crochet braids for a month, so I will follow a similar regimen with those, except I will be experimenting with biotin and how it affects my growth.
Right now, staple products are: ORS Olive Oil Lotion, IC Gel, Action Exclusives Ace Oil Therapeautic Shampoo (dilute with water and baking soda for wash days), Coconut Oil, Garlic (for shedding = FABULOUS), DooGro Stimulating Growth Oil.
:grin:lol dnt feel bad im tiny too im 4'11"
how do u use ur IC gel i have heard great things about it but have yet to actually try it

Nope Soror I'm the shortest and just MAY be the oldest. I was born January 14, 1988 and I'm 4'5 :grin: LOL

lol at sweetspirit86 pic of "when my hair grows up" lol you guys are the same height as my mother, i'm 5'5-5'6 so pretty much average i guess (im still tryna figure out how to post pics from websites so i can get a profile pic up)

:grin:lol dnt feel bad im tiny too im 4'11"
how do u use ur IC gel i have heard great things about it but have yet to actually try it

I use it on my edges mostly. And when I cut a tiny section of perm out on the nape of my neck (I am transitioning btw, so my roots are natural), I applied it to see how my natural curls would like it and they were popping all over the place! So I definitely plan to use it for my WNGs when I'm fully natural, but for now, it's great for my edges. I loooooves it!

Nope Soror I'm the shortest and just MAY be the oldest. I was born January 14, 1988 and I'm 4'5 :grin: LOL

SOROR! I have been wanting to ask who was a member of our illustrious organization on the boards! LMAO!
And I guess it's safe to say that we are both member of the ACE Club? Hehehe. Yay! A new friend. :grin:

Haha, yeah...I'm in love with her hair xD I'm starting to feel like the tall one...though...my height was tall when I was younger, these kids now make me feel short. It's like 6' is average for girls now...I'm 5'7.5"...that's right...I made sure you knew I was ALMOST 5'8" :lachen:

I'm a senior at Georgian Court University in NJ, turned 21 in October, major is communications with concentration in Public Relations/Journalism and minor in Political science...

I found the board summer 08 end of my soph year going into my junior year

started my hhj and decided to transition at the same time which was almost 20 months ago

regimen pretty simple as i was transitioning still kinda am eventhough most my relaxed ends fell off. braids/sew-in/wigs for 2 months leave hair out for one month.
wash every week or 2 weeks if in my protectives style or during the winter dc with each wash.

staples nexxus products just switched up to giovanni shampoo u kno the whole sulfate free thing its a keeper dc with humectress/ors replenishing packet or ao honeysuckle rose.
rinse out conditioner is suave coconut, protein is Nexxus Keraphix.

moisturizers - shea butter, coconut oil, elasta qp mango butter and Talliah Waiijid protective mist bodifier for the smell mostly.

only person close to me is the girl from stockton so far but i live in south jersey

I'm 21 and I'm a senior majoring in Radiologic Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, go tarheels! Lol I'm in protective styles 80% of the time. Currently I have crochet braids in and I plan to take them down withi a week or two. while I have my braids in I wash weekly with carol's daughter shampoo I think it's black vanilla and I condition in the shower with vo5 and then I apply my leavins and evco. Everyday I spray my hair my water, glyercin, evoo and vo5 mixture and it seems to be working!

im 20 turning twenty one in june,

i'll admit idk why but i feel like a child on the forum, haha.
well im in college . a sophmore at cleveland state university :)
majoring in political science (pre-law)

however, i have to shoutout canada since im tranferring to York University next year!

my regi is all over the place to be honest. so i wouldnt really be able to say :S

Sidenote: Go cleveland! That's my city too! :grin: lol

Hey Ladies!!

I'm 22 and I attend Baylor Univ (but I transferred from Howard Univ last fall...why...because Howard is stingy with $$):ohwell:

I did th BC Feb 2009 and since then I've been wearing braids quite often so my regimen changes throughout the year, but as of now I have micros and I wash and DC every week or two...but I moisturize 2wice a day. When I take these out I'm planning on doing twists with my own hair for a while and take a break from extensions.

i'm 20 & i'm in college this is my junior year (finally almost done).

I haven't had a perm since my senior year in high school so i'm thats 3 years all natural.

i usually wear my hair in braids and weaves. I wash my weaves once a week and i usually take my braids down every 2 weeks and wash them also.

my mom is old fashion lol so i condition my hair with mayonnaise and egg for an hour then wash it out.

I'm a college student. In my third year, anticipating graduation.

My staple products are pure shea butter for hair all over, castor oil for my ends, Roux Porosity Control Condish pH=4.5 and AO GPB Condish and Honeysuckle Condish.

I just came back from spending several months in Nairobi, Kenya where I wore lots of protective styles like twists or braids with extensions. Now that I'm back at school in the US, I have been twisting my hair every weekend as a protective style and moisturizing twice a day with water and veg. glycerin. This works well, my hair loves low maintenance styles. If I am lazy on the weekend, I usually rock curly fros for the week or high pony puffs. I don't use a lot of products and my hair is always soft and moisturized. Oh yea, ECO styler gel is nice for high puffs. The knee high is my secret weapon when it comes to high ponytails/puffs.

Oh, by the way did I mention Henna? I have been natural for almost a year now and doing Henna every 3 months (college quarter) has helped me to reach my hair goals. Henna is the best!

Last edited:
Back