Any LHCF members in high school/college??

ok i know i said i was gonna do a WNG for prom BUTTT omg i gotttaa have this style
beyonce-updo-hg-de.jpg

BTW THATS THE FIRST TIME THE INSERT IMAGE THING EVER WORKED FOR ME LOL:lachen::lachen:

That's so cute!

I saw someone else post this style in another thread yesteday, and ugh! I wish I had the length for it! :(

braid1.jpg

OMG! I love Alicia's hair like this. I have to try it. I know I'm gonna have to use some weave for the braid though...lol.

Ok back on topic. I'm 21, a senior in college. So ready to get up out of here! I joined the boards when I was about 17 which was about 5 years ago. And there were hardly ANYONE my age on the boards so its good to see that more and more younger black females are taking the care of their hair into their own hands instead of relying on stylists or others who really don't know better. Kudos to you guys!

Lmao! I was exactly what I was afraid of at first! Then I looked at my hair again and was like...:scratchch my hair is this super tight, coarse, 4a...relaxer will have to go to work anyways!:lachen:Sure enough, while I was smoothing, my hair still wasn't anywhere near straight, but I was liking the "hang" I was getting from my loosened curls...so I went and washed the relaxer out, lol. I'll post pics later. I'm being lazy and don't want to go get my camera from the other room. :drunk:

@24 you're not allowed to say you're old!!! D: I'm right behind you!!:lachen:What is the focus of your first BA if you don't mind my asking? :grin:

My 1st BA was in Political Science..Now I'm reconfiguring to use both degrees for my grad level Law and MBA..

Hey ya’ll! :bighug: I’m happy there’s so many of us. I’m 20 y/o and a sophomore at Towson University in Maryland but I live in Baltimore City. I’m studying Business Administration w/ a concentration in Management and a minor in Health Care Management. **Hello my fellow Tiger…You are officially the only person I "know" at TU (I know pathetic considering I’ve been there almost a year now.)

My hair, my hair, ohh my hair!:wallbash: I am transitioning and hating it right now. I’m 16 months post and attempting to hold out until my 2 year anniversary :crossfingers:. I don’t really have a structured regimen. I co-wash twice a week with HE Hello Hydration or Trader Joes conditioner, detangle in the shower, rinse (80% of it), and slather on my ecostyler gel mixed with coconut oil and shea butter. I bun majority of the time with my phony pony if I’m not in a weave.

Last edited:
hii ladies!

i'm 23 and a senior in college (so i guess i almot don't count...?). i'm majoring in psychology and neuroscience :brainy:.

here's my short story: before college, all i wore was braids and weaves. that's IT! i would take my braids out...wait a couple days, a week at the very most, and put braids right back in. then i found out about quality non-bss weaving hair (bss tracks and i don't get along :sad:), and i started getting a sew-in every 2 months or so. came to college, realized my hair was a hot mess :wallbash: i also felt super self-conscious about my natural hair since i went to middle/high school and go to college with mostly non-AA people and had not so great hair-doing experiences growing up (i hate you, fine tooth comb!). i found lhcf around a year or so ago and found that friends of mine at school were also on the board and on their own healthy hair journeys! yay! it's so great having a little team you can go to when you have a setback, need to borrow some coconut oil, or just wanna show off your new 0.003 centimeters of growth...:look:

my hair is natural 4a-ish and since i often don't have the time or energy to give my natural hair the care it needs on a daily basis (and also since i want to protective style it up so that i can maximize growth and retention), i found wigs (love!) and crochet braids. whenever times get especially rough in terms of classes/work, i slap on my wig and i'm good to go. i shampoo (trader joe's nourish spa is the best!), condition (usually with herbal essences hello hydration or aussie moist), and dc with heat cap (creme of nature moisture extreme mixed with oils and whatever else i have lying around my room like honey, bananas, etc....) once a week. i tried to do the low-poo thing where i only shampooed once a month, but my scalp was not happy. tj's shampoo is really gentle, so it works for me once a week. if i'm wigging it, i two-strand twist my hair up. if i'm crochet braiding, i put it in about 14 cornrows. ps i learned about crochet braids on this board, and i'm in love. i use freetress water wave and feel like i'm diana ross or something.

i think that since i've been moisturizing my hair (recently with glycerin based stuff like care free curl gold...which my hair really loves) more often than in the past, and combing through it less (i detangle only once a week on wash day), my hair is retaining much more of it's length and feeling stronger. i have a TON of shrinkage, but when i stretch the back of my hair is at the bottom of my collar bone and the front at the bottom of my chin or so. ok, this novel is over :perplexed

i hope everyone's enjoying the last couple months of the school year! i know i'm happy the semester (and college as a whole) is about to be over! :grin:

This thread is cute! :grin: I'm 24 and a grad student. I joined the boards when I was 19 or so. I've been natural for 3 years now. My regimen is pretty simple. I just wash and dc once a week. I wear my hair primarily in a bun or a twist out.

Heyy!!!

i'm 20! i go to Central State University (currently at the end of my junior year) :yep: i thought i was the only one who felt like a baby on here... :look:
i'm glad to see there's a lot of younger, college students on here it's muy refreshing! yayy!!
:grouphug3:

i prepoo with evoo before cowashing
cowash weekly with aussie moist
(acv and baking soda to cleanse my scalp)
deep condition with pantene restoritives moisture mask then i seal it with evoo and some essential oils (lavender or peppermint) for at least an hour (with heat) (I only comb with a wide tooth comb and thats only when i'm under running water with conditioner in my hair)
i use a bit of my aussie moist as leave-in and seal with evoo and i alternatively use aloe vera gel as a smoother
i lightly blowdry my hair on the medium setting on my blowdryer( i dry just to get most of the moisture out then i let it airdry the rest of the way)

and i usually bun or bantu knot out or just let it hang and do its thang lol...
it's college...who cares what my hair looks like??
as long as it's healthy :grin:

I joined LHCF when I was 17 and in 12th grade! I'm now 22 and graduating college in May!!! I feel like my hair should be a lot longer but I've finally gotten rid of all my relaxed ends and grew out of the PJ stage :)

HEY!!!!!!!!! I'm 19:grin: I'm in the area too. I go to Hunter College in the city. I just started this whole forum/extreme attention to detail hair care. I decided to go natural and during my research process I stumbled upon the hair forums. :spinning:
I just started trying different products. So far I love Silicon Mix Bambu, ayurvedic hair teas, V05 Clarifying Conditioner and oil rinsing.

I'm 17.
I go to Brooklyn Tech HS.

Deep Condition 2x a week w/ Elasta QP DPR 11 or Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango
Shampoo 1x a week w/ CON Moisturizing Poo or Mane N' Tail Deep Moisturizing Poo
Prepoo w/ Aphogee 2 min or Mane N' Tail DC
Leave-ins include Wave Nouveau, IC Fantasia Leave -in and others
Moisturize w/ S-Curl, Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1
Seal w/ Hot Six Oil, Coconut Oil, and Castor oil.

OH AND YOU GUYS HAVE BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!!!

Hey ladies!
I'm a senior at NYU. I major in History, minor in Poly Sci. My reggie is simple as well. I DC 1/week. Cowash 1/week. And, clarify every 6 weeks. I am going back to shampooing more frequently though. I am almost 8 months post (in 5 days) and I am transitioning. Any other questions, feel free to pm me. Also, ladies in the city...especially NYU students, would you guys like to get together?

And, OP, here is a style I am fiending to get for either of my graduations this year that I think will look nice on you as well:

Last edited:
I am 17:baby2: lol and i was thinking that might be a little strange and there might not be many users my age. I wanted to know if there are any High school or college students what school do you all go to, what your reggies and staple products are etc...lets be LHCF buddies Just looking for some company on the board :grin:

I'm 21, in a college part of the University of London.

Staples: Coconut Oil, ORS Replenishing Conditioner, Mayo, Lotta Body setting lotion (rollersets), Always Natural Leave-In Oil Moisturizer.

Wash 1x per week prepoo: coconut oil, and 1 egg.Wash with CON (just using it up till I get something non-sulphate), then DC with ORS (covered with Lustrasilk Shea butter) under the dryer or for random amount of hours. Usually airdry and braid, cornrow, or rollerset/flat iron, silk wrap, WnG, or just have it froish for the week.

Last edited:
Im so happy to see theres alot of us !!!
Im 16 I attend liberty high I graduate next year and hope to go to florida state
I use alot of : castor oil vitamins[spirulina,chlorella,horsetail and biotin] Aussie moist ,HELTR

I cowash about twice a week , i love shea cantu butter and i usually bun everyday when im not in a bun i rollerset or do braidouts i rarely use shampoo and my hairs about a 1 1/2 in from apl

I love Olive oil

hahaha my family doesnt support my habit...i guess if i couldn't afford to buy one bottle of vo5 shampoo and condish then they would give me a couple of dollars lol but my mom believes in having one of everything so no buying for me. I actually give them my stuff!
Yeah same here My sister takes my stuff if I'm home....My dad looks at me funny when i spend more than $20 for anything lol:lachen:

This sounds like fun!!!

Hey ladies!
I'm a senior at NYU. I major in History, minor in Poly Sci. My reggie is simple as well. I DC 1/week. Cowash 1/week. And, clarify every 6 weeks. I am going back to shampooing more frequently though. I am almost 8 months post (in 5 days) and I am transitioning. Any other questions, feel free to pm me. Also, ladies in the city...especially NYU students, would you guys like to get together?

And, OP, here is a style I am fiending to get for either of my graduations this year that I think will look nice on you as well:

Hey ladies!

:notworthy:notworthy:love::love: Girrll,,,what have you started now?lol imma need that style ASAP

lol it's okay I just keep telling myself "when I'm 40 this will be a good thing lol"

LOL I was at Wal-Mart about to buy an rated-R DVD and the cashier told me I needed my mama to get it for me. I was thinking "Wooooww. Okay." (Luckily, I was with her.)

ETA How do you ladies DC? That's the only thing missing from my regimen...

^ LOL, the other day some lady at Chipotle asked me if I was looking for my mom. >.<

I was like.......no, I'm 21. And she didn't believe me! I just had to show her my I.D. to prove her wrong. She was really nice and ended up being funny, but still I was like......okay, I need to change my wardrobe at least or something! It's getting ridiculous!

OMG! I love Alicia's hair like this. I have to try it. I know I'm gonna have to use some weave for the braid though...lol.

I know! I am going to so try that when/if my hair finally reaches a decent length! It's so different and so versatile!

danibzz, I looove that style. Lawd, I love that style. It reminds me of my prom style. It was an updo bun something sort of like that style, but the bun wasnt as big, I had no bang, and i had a silver diamond pendant pinned in the bun. My stylist did it off of this pic of Mary J @ a benefit. She sort of curled it and used the curls to help make the bun. No hairs were left out. And, the next day, I took out the bun and the curls just fell down into big waves. Sooo gorg! I say go for it.

Hey i am 20 i am in college right now majoring in Computer information systems, i started my journey when i was 18 the first year was a lot of trial and error for me, at 19 i basically shaved my head because my relaxed hair was extremely thin and between ear length and neck length. That was 16 months ago i now have extremely thick natural 4a hair that i get frustrated with and it takes me forever to do but i love the thickness and the curls. Oh and my hair is past shoulder length now.

I braid my hair back into cornrows every month and put a wig on that's my PS and i rock it. My staples are care free curl gold moisturizer, mane n tail shampoo and conditioner, lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol, ORS Paks, Porosity Control, HE Hello Hydration (cheapy condish) and aphogee pro vitamin leave in.

I shampoo, and DC every two weeks. I moisturize every day and take my vitamins and drink some nettle tea.

age 22:

Richard Stockton College in NJ

Stretch: 3-4 month
I co-wash to help stretch

staples:
Shampoo: Creme of Nature (old version)
Conditioner: UBH Deep Conditioner & V05 Con Strawberry
Moisturizer: UBH Lotion & Gro-Aut Leave-in
Oil: Amla Oil & Gro-Aut Oil

I use to be APL but I got a mini chop and because everyone loved my cut: i wore my hair down constantly...which caused bad ends...so now I'm back on the "proper" hair journey to APL. Instead of rollersetting...I just airdry and flatiron w/ my Instyler...i plan to stretch the entire summer.

Last edited:
I'm 22. I use Keracare almost Exclusively. Hydrating Shampoo, Humecto Conditioner, Moisturizer with Headress, Seal with Essential Oils, Leave in is Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum and Paul Mitchell The Conditioner

Back