Any Henna heads successfully color or highlight?

Cleve_gryl

My question is to all the ladies that have used henna in the past...has anyone successfully colored or highlighted their hair without having to cut away or grow out the henna?! I henna'd all last year (07) and now I want to get highlights. I've heard you can't lighten without the hair turning green? I'm scared!! Has anyone gotten permanent color?

i've used henna a number of times in the past, and recently i used a color lifter (clariol luminize) to brighten up my overall color. here's what my color looks like now, after 2 luminize applications: (see attachment)

i love my results. my natural color lifted, and the henna color stayed put.

Attachments

• 0DSCF5026.JPG
    0DSCF5026.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 41
i've used henna a number of times in the past, and recently i used a color lifter (clariol luminize) to brighten up my overall color. here's what my color looks like now, after 2 luminize applications: (see attachment)

i love my results. my natural color lifted, and the henna color stayed put.
:scratchch Ohhhh, thanks for the reply Pookie...did you do this at home yourself? I'm just so scared, because I've heard of the "green hair" effect. Can you tell me more about this luminize process?

Any other success or horror stories?

My question is to all the ladies that have used henna in the past...has anyone successfully colored or highlighted their hair without having to cut away or grow out the henna?! I henna'd all last year (07) and now I want to get highlights. I've heard you can't lighten without the hair turning green? I'm scared!! Has anyone gotten permanent color?

I have and no it didn't turn green, but had that blue-ish tinge( like a very very faint rinse) you get from henna in certain lights but I haven't henna-ed since last summer and the henna shade seems to have faded cause I haven't noticed the tinge in the last 2 months or so- BTW I coloured with Dark N lovely (honey blonde) and Texture's and tones bronze - light brown with no real problems :yep:

Back