Anxiety has me trippin'...hard

ALWAYZL8

When you are so close to having something you've been wanting for so long, how do you get past the anxiousness that comes along as it approaches? To make a long story short, I've been liking somebody for over two years. He was married when I first met him, but has since divorced. I had an idea he liked me, but I didn't want to be the rebound chick. I kept my distance to let him heal and deal with it, but my co-workers have decided it's time for us to get together. My boss found out that he's been interested for a minute, but he didn't know if I was interested. Needless to say, my boss and my co-workers put his doubts to rest. Now that I know he knows and I know that he's going to make a move very soon, how do I get past the anxiousness faze. I can't sleep, I can't eat, and I can't think straight. I'm on vacation until next week. My boss told him I would be out on R&R until then. How am I supposed to get through the rest of the week? What if he changes his mind?

Lol, girl thats just 2 years worth of waiting talking :laugh: . Just be cool ,be easy,chill and it will work itself out. If he changes his mind? His bad! Report back and let us know if it works out for you! GOOD LUCK!
OT: I see you're from BR, so im a use the local slang...YOU'RE BUCKED UP! :laugh: :laugh:

When you are so close to having something you've been wanting for so long, how do you get past the anxiousness that comes along as it approaches? To make a long story short, I've been liking somebody for over two years. He was married when I first met him, but has since divorced. I had an idea he liked me, but I didn't want to be the rebound chick. I kept my distance to let him heal and deal with it, but my co-workers have decided it's time for us to get together. My boss found out that he's been interested for a minute, but he didn't know if I was interested. Needless to say, my boss and my co-workers put his doubts to rest. Now that I know he knows and I know that he's going to make a move very soon, how do I get past the anxiousness faze. I can't sleep, I can't eat, and I can't think straight. I'm on vacation until next week. My boss told him I would be out on R&R until then. How am I supposed to get through the rest of the week? What if he changes his mind?

Hey girl..what if he changes his mind..then he does! How fresh from being divorced is he? I am asking b/c if he is 'brand new" right now, I wouldn't be concerned with anything beyond randomly hanging out with him. :)

Hey girl..what if he changes his mind..then he does! How fresh from being divorced is he? I am asking b/c if he is 'brand new" right now, I wouldn't be concerned with anything beyond randomly hanging out with him. :)

I agree ! :) He might not be looking for what you are, ya know? From your post, you really like him . So I dont know, he might just want a "friend".

Will you be disappointed if he is just looking for a "friend"? I quoted friend because a man's definition of friend is kinda skewered at times.

SouthernJewel, you're right...I am bucked up!!!:drunk:

I would be sad if he only wanted a friend right now. I know they separated last spring, but I think the divorce was finalized during the summer months. So, he's been divorced over a year. I'm trying to stop stressing. Y'all are right. If he changes his mind...so be it. I'll keep
y'all posted. I almost don't want to go back to work next week.

Hahaha, I'm always like this when it comes to guys -- in fact, I was like this 2 weeks ago. My friends have a saying they always tell me when I get in a mood like this:

"TRY ON THE HEEL"

You know those makeover shows when the women don't want to try on the pair of high heels, despite what the stylist says and you KNOW it will look good on them? When they pass on the shirt or dog the advice that will definitely enhance them or put them in a new direction? Everytime my friends and I watch it, we're always like, 'Just cut your hair! Try on the pair of shoes!'

So from one anxiety queen to another, I say "Try on the heel." You don't know what's going to happen but that's part of the fun. For me, I usually channel this anxiety into something positive: I go to the gym to get my body tight, edit my closet and buy new, cute pieces, read a few books/newspapers to have something interesting to discuss with the guy.

PS: Download the song "Confidence" by Teddy Geiger - it always motivates me to be bold in these situations.

Back