Another review for Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer

*Frisky*

It turned out ok...honestly I didn't get any better results than I did with any other relaxer. I like the extra treatment you do for the last step but again, my results after my roller set are the same. I may keep this as my new relaxer because I needed a replacement for the Elucence but I am going to have to see how much money is involved using this system as oppose to regular Mizani since it will probably produce the same results.

Someone else told me the same thing about this one.

I am glad that I am going to give it a whirl, but I will not break the bank for it.

I wish Profectiv would make a lye relaxer. >sigh<

It turned out ok...honestly I didn't get any better results than I did with any other relaxer. I like the extra treatment you do for the last step but again, my results after my roller set are the same. I may keep this as my new relaxer because I needed a replacement for the Elucence but I am going to have to see how much money is involved using this system as oppose to regular Mizani since it will probably produce the same results.

Thanks for the review!

I agree about not breaking the bank...I saw the 2 or 3lb tub of relaxer in the BSS for 32.99...I was thinking that was alot but I dont know how much the regular Mizani is to compare...

I am actually going to be trying this butter blend on my next relaxer.. but I am not looking for bone straight or anything.. just lye!! I am done with no-lye:yep:

Thanks for the review Marie ! :yep:

I was wondering how this differed from using the Regular Mizani relaxer. It probably only has extra steps, which will cause too much confusion for my hairdresser :spinning:. I'm thinking of giving the regular Mizani relaxer a try. I already have a scalp protectant and a Design Essentials Pre Relaxer treatment to put on my hair prior to getting it relaxed.

My sentiments exactly. My stylist used this product on me and I was so excited that she had and that I was one of the first two clients she was going to use it on. Well, it was good for me because I was coming out of a weave but I don't think it was better than any other Mizani Relaxer (I've used Mizani for years). It didn't burn my scalp or irritate me in any way and my hair came out nice. It smells good..that's about the only change I noticed. It has a nice smell but so do the other Mizani products. I'm going to stick with it and I will see how it goes for the next couple of relaxers I get to get a better feel for it. I'm thinking this is one that you have to use a few time in order to truly see it's results.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Marie ! :yep:

I was wondering how this differed from using the Regular Mizani relaxer. It probably only has extra steps, which will cause too much confusion for my hairdresser :spinning:. I'm thinking of giving the regular Mizani relaxer a try. I already have a scalp protectant and a Design Essentials Pre Relaxer treatment to put on my hair prior to getting it relaxed.

I have already decided that once I use all the trial sizes of the Butter Blend that I wasn't going to buy the scalp protectant and pre relaxer treatment again. I am going to use what I have and just purchase the Relaxer, Conditioner, Shampoo and that Microphusion spray stuff...I am thinking just that stuff will still be a pretty penny.

My sentiments exactly. My stylist used this product on me and I was so excited that she had and that I was one of the first two clients she was going to use it on. Well, it was good for me because I was coming out of a weave but I don't think it was better than any other Mizani Relaxer (I've used Mizani for years). It didn't burn my scalp or irritate me in any way and my hair came out nice. It smells good..that's about the only change I noticed. It has a nice smell but so do the other Mizani products. I'm going to stick with it and I will see how it goes for the next couple of relaxers I get to get a better feel for it. I'm thinking this is one that you have to use a few time in order to truly see it's results.

Did your hairdresser use the whole system on you?

I have already decided that once I use all the trial sizes of the Butter Blend that I wasn't going to buy the scalp protectant and pre relaxer treatment again. I am going to use what I have and just purchase the Relaxer, Conditioner, Shampoo and that Microphusion spray stuff...I am thinking just that stuff will still be a pretty penny.

So if you buy just the above, you'd have to buy the large sizes outside of the trial pack right ? If that's the case, I'd just get the relaxer, conditioner, and neutralizing poo.

So if you buy just the above, you'd have to buy the large sizes outside of the trial pack right ? If that's the case, I'd just get the relaxer, conditioner, and neutralizing poo.

Paynes has this deal going for the whole set of the regular size bottles but I still dont know if I want to pay 115 and this might be for a limited time but if I decide to keep using this relaxer, this may be the cheaper route to go instead of purchasing some of that stuff separate and at a local BSS.

http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/mibublside.html

Thanks for the review Marie!! I also appreciate the feedback from others in this thread regarding the regular Mizani. I was wondering if the new Mizani was soo much different from the regular. I had already decided that I wasn't going to go through the trouble of ordering the new Mizani BB even though I really wanted to try it. But I've read amazing reviews regarding the regular Mizani so I may try that instead on my next touch-up. I'm still torn on trying Mizani vs ORS reg lye which I just love :love:.

Thanks for the review Marie!! I also appreciate the feedback from others in this thread regarding the regular Mizani. I was wondering if the new Mizani was soo much different from the regular. I had already decided that I wasn't going to go through the trouble of ordering the new Mizani BB even though I really wanted to try it. But I've read amazing reviews regarding the regular Mizani so I may try that instead on my next touch-up. I'm still torn on trying Mizani vs ORS reg lye which I just love :love:.

The trial kit is actually a good deal...it is 40.00 and you can get 2 applications from it so basically that is 20.00 for a relaxer. I am not sure how much ORS is but I think a lot of people like that one too.

I just used the Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer after a 4mo. stretch and I don't see a big difference from any other relaxer. I just tried it because i'm a sucker for marketing and i wanted to switch from no-lye to lye. I used the mild and it got my hair just as straight as a regular Optimum no-lye. So, nothing spectacular.

What was wrong with the Elucence relaxer?

What was wrong with the Elucence relaxer?

oh nothing...I just wanted to switch to something that I would be able to buy locally if I chose to do so instead of having to order online and plus I think I read where people were having a hard time getting it now a days...

oh nothing...I just wanted to switch to something that I would be able to buy locally if I chose to do so instead of having to order online and plus I think I read where people were having a hard time getting it now a days...

Ok, I understand. I was considering Elucence, but the availability of it is definitely a concern for me. I don't want to have to keep switching relaxers. How does this relaxer compare to Elucence?

Did your hairdresser use the whole system on you?

Yes she did. I remember her telling me each product she was using when she was using it. I particularly remember the spray she used on my hair before--or sometime during my wash. I think she said it was a conditioner/detangler but I'm not sure. I didn't pay attention...lol. It just felt so good to have my hair washed and scalp massaged lol.

Ok, I understand. I was considering Elucence, but the availability of it is definitely a concern for me. I don't want to have to keep switching relaxers. How does this relaxer compare to Elucence?

I really like Elucence and they both produce the same results IMO.

Back