Another mizani butter blend experience...

bablou00

Well I finally relaxed yesterday w/ mizani's new system. I knew I was going to have some problems w/ leaving the relaxer on because all the sudden my head wanted to itch a couple of days before my relaxer. So I based my scalp w/ the mizani base which was very light. Then I went to my stylists place and she put on the 2nd step which protects the hair from overlapping. She next sectioned my hair in fours and based a little more...she really couldnt get much in my jungle. Next she applied the relaxer starting w/ the crown because that part is the most resistant especially to mild relaxers. While she was applying she stated how it was smoothing my hair out nicely. She tried to smooth out as much as she can but due to my scalp going crazy I did burn a little so I didnt hesitate to tell her which I love that she listens to me. So she washed it out and applied the neutralizing shampoo. Washed a couple of times then applied a jet black rinse. Washed that out w some more neutralize poo. Next she sprayed my hair w/ the conditioner....smelled so wonderful. We let that sit for 5mins then she rinsed my hair w/ the last creamy conditioner.
I will probably never stretch that long again I think 3-4 mos is perfect for me. Overall the relaxer was great it did get my hair straight all around but my crown (but theres no hope for that mess...lol) I will be using this system for now on. I love all the steps and the way my hair feels smooth and looks moisturized w/o a lot of products.
Thanks so much for all the wonderful adviced shared on here. I will hit a year in two weeks but I wanted to shout it out in this thread (not much of a thread starter). I only had two trims this year, two bad stylist, longest stretch was this last one and dealt w/ a lot of detangling problems just this last week stretching. I dont want to claim a certain length until my sides hit APL. But my hair is the healthiest and longest its ever been so my goal for this first year was reached thanks to you all. I will update more on my yearly progress the journal section in my fotki. Sorry so long....:blush:

When she applied the 2nd step, did she apply it to previously relaxed hair only? I had the Affirm protecto, and it always confused me if it was for the entire head including the newgrowth or previously relaxed hair only.

Thanks for the review. All of you are really making me want to use this now. I can't wait.
Also, congrats on reaching your goals. :bounceline:

She rubbed it only on the previously relaxed hair. Its suppose to protect relaxed strands from the relaxer thats being applied. It was creamy I believe and just coated the strands.

I'm so glad to have read this. I am expecting my order in tomorrow, and I will probably relax on Saturday (which will make 12 weeks post relaxer for me). Congratulations on meeting your goals. I checked your fotki, and your hair is beautiful and healthy.

Hi, I just checked out your fotki and your hair is BEAUTIFUL !!!!! It looks so silky and healthy, your progress is great!:grin:

I'm glad you finally got to try it. Maybe your scalp was itching before the relaxer because you had been "itching" to try it so badly! :lol:

It's me again - and I got a couple questions. How long was the relaxer in before you started to feel the burning? Had you scratched your head previously? Did you notice any chemical burns after all was said and done? TIA!

Thanks lisana and mrsjohnson!!!!

Supergirl I think your right:lachen:I have been looking forward to getting my hair relaxed then on top of it all a new relaxer....girl I havent had a problem w/ an itchy scalp in so long but of course it would have to happen before I relaxed....lol

Oh my geeee. Your hair has gotten sooo long. I thought we were about the same length at one point but your hair has surely taken off! And it looks so healthy. :yep: Congrats girl.

Its not the relaxers fault. I have been using mizani mild since last year and I havent had any burns but knew this time around I would because I did rub (tried not to scratch) my scalp from the moment I washed on Sat. My scalp was clean I swear its a mental thing when you know your gettin relaxed your hair wants to itch like crazy....:wallbash: I had it on for probably 15mns before it started to burn but before it did she mentioned that the relaxer was smoothing my hair out good. I was just worried about my crown because it was previously underprocessed. She said that my hair just might be resistant to that strength of relaxer in that spot. But everywhere else was straight. It gives me body so I dont mind.
I dont have any chemical burns I didnt let it stay on my head long enough to cause a burn. Right when I felt that it was burning she washed it out.

It's me again - and I got a couple questions. How long was the relaxer in before you started to feel the burning? Had you scratched your head previously? Did you notice any chemical burns after all was said and done? TIA!

Thanks so much!! I just checked out your fotki and your hair looks great. You have to help me w/ the flexirod sets I plan on trying them now I am freshly relaxed. Yours turned out great.

Oh my geeee. Your hair has gotten sooo long. I thought we were about the same length at one point but your hair has surely taken off! And it looks so healthy. :yep: Congrats girl.

Its not the relaxers fault. I have been using mizani mild since last year and I havent had any burns but knew this time around I would because I did rub (tried not to scratch) my scalp from the moment I washed on Sat. My scalp was clean I swear its a mental thing when you know your gettin relaxed your hair wants to itch like crazy....:wallbash: I had it on for probably 15mns before it started to burn but before it did she mentioned that the relaxer was smoothing my hair out good. I was just worried about my crown because it was previously underprocessed. She said that my hair just might be resistant to that strength of relaxer in that spot. But everywhere else was straight. It gives me body so I dont mind.
I dont have any chemical burns I didnt let it stay on my head long enough to cause a burn. Right when I felt that it was burning she washed it out.

Oh okay! Thanks for the info! I'm glad it got your hair nice and straight. I can't wait to use it. I know what you mean about the itching scalp - I've been patting my head for the past couple days. I'm sure the patients and my co-workers must think I'm some crazy Black woman. :look:

Congrats! Sounds like a great experience. I wish I had somebody to do my relaxer. lol Your hair looks pretty in your avatar. I'ma have to check out the fotki when I leave work. Keep up the good work!:grin:

These reviews are tempted me to relax. :( I really wanna try it but I don't want relaxed hair. :lol: I'll just live vicariously through you relaxed ladies.

NOOOOOOOOOOO dont do it....haha!!! I know the more and more I heard about this relaxer I had to get it. We won't let you cave in. Your hair looks so good natural!!!!

These reviews are tempted me to relax. :( I really wanna try it but I don't want relaxed hair. :lol: I'll just live vicariously through you relaxed ladies.

Thanks girl its came a long way!!! You have to try this one its really good

Congrats! Sounds like a great experience. I wish I had somebody to do my relaxer. lol Your hair looks pretty in your avatar. I'ma have to check out the fotki when I leave work. Keep up the good work!:grin:

NOOOOOOOOOOO dont do it....haha!!! I know the more and more I heard about this relaxer I had to get it. We won't let you cave in. Your hair looks so good natural!!!!

Thanks hun! :kiss: Why didn't Mizani have this out when I was relaxed? Mizani did so good in my hair.

I just checked out your album. You grow girl! Your hair has really grown. Is this the longest it's ever been? You said that you lost a lot of hair was that because of the stretching or during the relaxing process?

Bablou00, I can't wait to check out your fotki, your avatar pic is beautiful! :grin:

I just told my beautician about this relaxer yesterday...next time I relax, I will use this. Thanks so much for the review.

Oh thanks for checking out my fotki!!! Yes my sister laughs at me because I always wanted to long hair and it took me 25yrs to figure out how it get it (its not long by any means just longer than Ive ever had). I lost a lot when I detangled my hair on my last wash before the relaxer. I took my time but still lost a lot and during the relaxer because it was hard for her to get the comb thru (thinkin about it makes me cringe). W/ my type of hair 51/2 is way too long to stretch. I do good between 3-4. Enough NG to relax and easier to manage So thats longest I will go unless I am in braids and I dont think I will do that until next summer sometime

I just checked out your album. You grow girl! Your hair has really grown. Is this the longest it's ever been? You said that you lost a lot of hair was that because of the stretching or during the relaxing process?

Back