Another Little Girl With Damaged Hair ....

chayil0427

Well today I was in church and infront of me was a little girl with the most horribly damaged hair. It was damaged almost to the scalp ...about 4 inches long with ...see through is not even the word ...almost non existant ends.

The mother had the hair in tight little pig tails all over and the hair was visibly dirty and had an ashen parlour like it was covered with spider webs. I just wanted to take that little girl home and deep condition her hair and braid it with moisturizer.

The mother her self appeared to have pretty damaged hair as well. I just wish all black women could have this forum ...if not for themselves but for their children. I'm so tired of seeing little girls with this gnawed off hair. When I was a child little black girls had shiny pressed hair all down their backs and now these babies just look a mess. It's like the parents just do whatever to the hair until they're old enough for a weave. And now you see little little babies with weave extensions. It's so sad. :nono:

Chayil

I know what you mean! This little girl at my daughter's school has a head full of butt length crochet braids that look like they were put in last year. This poor child looks like she is about to tip over from the weight of the hair.:nono:

Back