Another Hair Color Question (+ indigo)

preciouslove0x

Ok ladies. I'm tired of trying to get the jet black (almost blue) effect with indigo. I've done indigo at least 10 different times and still have not received the desired effect (plus I don't care for the temporary effects either). But anyway, I REALLY want to try a professional or box dye job (just jet black). I know you're not suppose to do that over henna/indigo but has anyone tried and successfully done it???

TIA

I was literally just about to ask a very similar question ! I was gonna ask if I could dye over my henna'ed hair because the colour is not enough and I want more colour and a different one too.
Great Post OP !!!!
BUMPING !!!

Uhhh are you doing henna before your indigo? If you are doing henna before indigo there is no way in hell your hair should be bluish/blue-black!

That is soooo odd! What kind of henna and indigo brand are you using? I henna and Indigo and have never had bluish hair. It's always cherry cola in the sun/under lights and black no sun/in house. Also when I Henna Indigo it last at least 3 to 5

^^ I'm pretty sure the only way you can get the indigo to stick is to do henna first. I've read that from multiple multiple sources. And I'm not necessarily trying to get my hair blue-black. I'm just exaggerating how black I want my hair to be (which I'm not achieving from indigo).

Did you try adding a little Salt to your Indigo Mix? I mix it with very warm water, add a dash of Salt.

Allow it to sit 5-10 minutes before applying. I also apply Less Henna to More Indigo.

Wrap in Saran Wrap. Leave on for Several Hours. It should be the very blackest/black.

Did you try adding a little Salt to your Indigo Mix? I mix it with very warm water, add a dash of Salt.

Allow it to sit 5-10 minutes before applying. I also apply Less Henna to More Indigo.

Wrap in Saran Wrap. Leave on for Several Hours. It should be the very blackest/black.

IDareT'sHair

Maybe I really should try indigo again :scratchch Could you tell me your complete process for the blackest/black indigo application?

Do you mix the henna with the indigo or do you do the two step process (henna and then indigo)? I've been doing the 2 step process...

Back