An airdrying hair question...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
After I sometimes airdry my hair (like in braids or a bun, not rollers), my hair feels hard afterwards. How do I get a softer texture? Before airdrying I put a leave-in conditioner and put my mixture of oils on the ends of my hair. If I decide to unravel the airdried braids or bun, they feel hard and if I comb through them with a comb or my fingers (like if I was doing braidouts) it doesnt turn out right.
ohwell.gif

WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THOSE WHO KNOW? I want SOFT and SILKY hair...not HARD and FRIZZY
frown.gif

Do you always condition after shampooing your hair?
Make sure you always condition. Then add a serum (LUST or Neutrogena) to your hair. You can still add your oils to the ends. Then put your hair in a bun. I'll bet it will come out softer. Maybe it's the leave in you use. Which kind do you use?

I agree about using a serum. After you wash/condition.. use the John Freida Serum or Neutrogena and then I use a generous amount of Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. I don't put my hair in a bun, I leave it straight. But is your preference. My hair comes out SOOOOOOO silky. My hair is 4a/b relaxed. hope this helps.

I apply Motions Nourish Leave-in Conditioner everytime after i shampoo my hair. I do not have serum yet because I'm a little uneducated about serums...what do they do?
confused.gif

Bimbabe, I saw your album and thought you have nice looking hair...I will try out the products and make sure not to put too much in my hair but just enough for silkiness.
smile.gif
Do you use the hair butter and the serums mentioned above?

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Definitely use a serum. It works great for airdrying hair smoothly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Armyqt - I've never used a serum. I have Nexxus Y Serum which I've never used, mainly because I'm not sure how to. Does it go on after my leave-in and oils? I have IC Hair Polisher also - is that the same or different?

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Armyqt - I've never used a serum. I have Nexxus Y Serum which I've never used, mainly because I'm not sure how to. Does it go on after my leave-in and oils? I have IC Hair Polisher also - is that the same or different?

[/ QUOTE ]

crazy.gif
I feel the same way...WHEN DO YOU APPLY SERUM FOR THOSE WHO USE IT???
confused.gif

I use serums on my damp hair after conditioning. Sometimes the instructions on the bottle say to apply the serum to soaking wet hair.
Serums cover each strand of hair, they are great for detangling and they keep the frizzies at bay.

Awww thank you poohbear!
Girl it is a toss in the wind for my hair. Sometimes I experience the hardness you are describing but mainly if I use too much on my hair.
My hair is softess when I use a really moisturizing shamppo and conditioner (elasta creme conditioning or nexxus therappe and humecto w/ my new love revlon porosity control)
I hardly use a serum but i have John Freida Relax Texture Correcting Serum. It works for shine and to get rid of knots.
I love Motions Nourish leave in and mango butter as a leave in. When I am almost dry i use a little oil-kemi oyl, jojoba or hot six.love them all!

For npt so hard air dried hair don't use leave ins with hardening proteins-like too much profectiv breakfree (i love the stuff but too much makes my head like a helmet)

HTH
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
In response to

Poster: bimbabe
Subject: Re: An airdrying hair question...

Awww thank you poohbear!
Girl it is a toss in the wind for my hair. Sometimes I experience the hardness you are describing but mainly if I use too much on my hair.
My hair is softess when I use a really moisturizing shamppo and conditioner (elasta creme conditioning or nexxus therappe and humecto w/ my new love revlon porosity control)
I hardly use a serum but i have John Freida Relax Texture Correcting Serum. It works for shine and to get rid of knots.
I love Motions Nourish leave in and mango butter as a leave in. When I am almost dry i use a little oil-kemi oyl, jojoba or hot six.love them all!

For npt so hard air dried hair don't use leave ins with hardening proteins-like too much profectiv breakfree (i love the stuff but too much makes my head like a helmet)

HTH

[/ QUOTE ] I think I used Profectiv hair and shine Oil Sheen that day I airdried my hair. Do you think that was the cause for my hair being kinda hard or having a matted texture?

This question is for anyone...Do serums help with frizzy hair?

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I use a serum, it's always the last thing I put on my hair. So it would be leave-in, oil, serum. When using coconut oil though, you may not necessarily need a serum, becuase coconut oil is very good at smoothing the cuticles.

Back