An 4b inspiration

[ QUOTE ]
checked out Honeychild's hair album, but she looks more like a 3b, maybe 3c.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing.
confused.gif
I give up on this hair typing thing!
whyme.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
checked out Honeychild's hair album, but she looks more like a 3b, maybe 3c.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing.
confused.gif
I give up on this hair typing thing!
whyme.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're funny sassygirl
laugh.gif

I agree it's hard to get a handle on the whole hairtyping thing.
smile.gif

Honeychilds hair is very beautiful!!!! I have always considered her a type 4a/4b. Maybe people are putting her in the 3c catagory due to her beautiful length. But as I said initially, her hair beautiful (no matter what the type is
wink.gif
)

Her hair looks EXACTLY like mine when I was long and natural before (why did I ever go back to chemicals! I need a good spanking!) but I consider myself a 4A with 3C at the crown! But overall 4A! I would think she may have a little 3C mixed in like me, but overall she's a 4A. Look at the pic where she pics out her Fro - that's straight up 4A hair. That's what mine looks like, and it's soft. Now, if I wet it and soak it with curl activator/SCurl and the like and pull it back it will look like that! Mine lies smoother around the hairline, but I'm still 4A I think. All my cousins are 2's and a couple of 3's so I KNOW I'm a 4A!!!

OK.........heres the test:

I think a good test is - after you go swimming can you just comb your hair back into a ponytail with no products whatsoever and it looks curly or wavy? My answer to this question is NO. I need to add some products like Curl activator, to "ACTIVATE" my natural curls and help hold them in that curly shape, whereas my cousins who are 2's and 3's can just comb it back with a small tooth comb (I need to use a wide tooth one) and slick it back with water into a curly/wavy ponytail and when it air dries if they comb it, it will still be curly/wavy. When I comb mine out, it will be poofy/fuzzy. That is the difference. Now, with that said, does everyone know what their hair type is?? Hope this helps!

I think that I am 4a with some 3c in the back with a small patch of 4b on the left side. But, as my new growth grows it appears to be changing. I use to think that I was 4b but it got a little longer and I was sure that is was 4a. But, it appears some parts are 3c. I am pretty sure that I am mostly 4a though.

[ QUOTE ]
OK.........heres the test:

I think a good test is - after you go swimming can you just comb your hair back into a ponytail with no products whatsoever and it looks curly or wavy? My answer to this question is NO. I need to add some products like Curl activator, to "ACTIVATE" my natural curls and help hold them in that curly shape, whereas my cousins who are 2's and 3's can just comb it back with a small tooth comb (I need to use a wide tooth one) and slick it back with water into a curly/wavy ponytail and when it air dries if they comb it, it will still be curly/wavy. When I comb mine out, it will be poofy/fuzzy. That is the difference. Now, with that said, does everyone know what their hair type is?? Hope this helps!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think is a good test, and something that I've been subconcsiously using as my test for the hairtypes...the water test!
smile.gif

Yep, I definitely need products to smooth my hair into a ponytail too! The real test is when it is dry and you comb it out - if it stays curly/wavy - you're a 2 (wavy) or a 3 (curly). If when it's dry and you comb it out a)do you have to use a wide tooth comb and - here's the kicker - when you comb it out is it fuzzy/poofy/puffy???? Mine is!! These are the wonderfully unique characteristics of Type 4 hair!

Info on Hair Types--a lil off topic

Hair types describe the type of natural wave or curl your hair has. Almost any type of hair can be fluffy/poofy/puffy--even relaxed hair. This hair type thing can be a little confusing though
ohwell.gif
--I don't like the description of type 4 hair on this site because they use Kelis' pic and state that her hair isn't type 4 (why they can't use another pic I don't know). They are too general as well. So I go to Naani.com, who break the LOIS pattern in type 4 hair down really well, or NaturallyCurly.com,who goes by Andre's definition (click to flip through book pages), to get hair type descriptions. He doesn't refer to the type 3C that NaturallyCurly speaks of, which I think he should have because his definitions (and pictures) of 3b and 4a interchange a bit. His pics of type 3 hair are pretty accurate. "What is my Hair Type?" on Ourhair.net is another good one for anyone who needs good pics of type 4 hair.

Knowing my hairtype has helped me learn what products I shouldn't or should use on my hair or do to my hair. All four of these sources can be argued against, but all in all they give somewhat accurate definitions.

If you want to see what "curl definition" you have to figure out your hair type: wash your unbraded/untwisted hair with shampoo and conditioner. If you leave it dripping wet and unmanipulated, you can see a prominent curl pattern. If your hair is in the 3's, you may have to wait for your hair to airdry before judging what curl pattern you have. (If you press your hair or even blow dry it, your results will be off because those processes may change your texture, or create different textures throughout the hair.)

Re: Info on Hair Types--a lil off topic

Daughter ... I love your hair. It's beautiful.
Good Topic Brittanynic... and your observation is very true.

[ QUOTE ]
Nx2brat said:
Daughter ... I love your hair. It's beautiful.
Good Topic Brittanynic... and your observation is very true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have mad love for every head on this board but I am glad that someone sees what I see.

Sweetyb thank you for the links to the hair typing and other hair albums. I still couldn't figure wout what my hair type is , when I posts pics maybe you could tell me

I love noko's album, I have similar hair to hers and i just love her styles. she is my inspiration! Also I love nxtbrat's album. so many styles, it's amazing what she can do with her hair

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
So many pretty heads of hair! I'm adding this thread to my favorites.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!
smile.gif

I love reading about and looking at all of the hair types on this board, but I really focus on the 4 info and albums - natural and relaxed - since it directly applies to me. My hair is mostly 4b with some 4a on top and I love my hair. I have many, many hair inspirations from the ladies on this board and I've let them know too! One of my favorite natural inspirations is Nay's album.

[ QUOTE ]
missykeyana said:
Cool thread! Everybody's hair looks so nice!

I wanna share too! Check me out at http://www.fotki.com/Azure, password: blue

[/ QUOTE ]

Kenyana! Gasp!
shocked.gif
Your hair is *beautiful*! Just gorgeous! I loooove your hair! It looks so soft and well conditioned/moisturized and gorgeous (did I use that word already? lol) deep black color. Beautiful! You are also beautiful. You have a natural beauty that reminds me of Lauryn Hill.

Thanks, BrittanyNic, for starting this thread.

Back