An 4b inspiration

Thanks babyblue! I guess I have anohter person to stalk.
laugh.gif

I've been thinking, and I don't think it's that the ladies don't have love for the 4b's. I think it's just that the posters who have longish hair (whatever the type) get more hits because, well, this is the Long Hair Care Forum.

For example, if someone posted something with the title "Check out my TWA," I probably wouldn't even look because I've never had a TWA and am not striving for that hair style. But if someone said, "Finally hit my waist goal," I'm going to check it out regardless of their hair type.

Just my opinion, of course ;-)

(Blaxalrose, thanks for the compliment!)

Thanks for the pic's Brittanynic16, they were truly an inspiration to us 4A/b. I'm not natural, but I am impressed. Dont know if I could do the BIG CHOP though.

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
I've been thinking, and I don't think it's that the ladies don't have love for the 4b's. I think it's just that the posters who have longish hair (whatever the type) get more hits because, well, this is the Long Hair Care Forum.

For example, if someone posted something with the title "Check out my TWA," I probably wouldn't even look because I've never had a TWA and am not striving for that hair style. But if someone said, "Finally hit my waist goal," I'm going to check it out regardless of their hair type.

Just my opinion, of course ;-)

(Blaxalrose, thanks for the compliment!)

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA with what you said here. There is a lot of truth in that.

thanks for posting that. It is really difficult to find natural 4's in black hair mags unless they have braids or locs. Other than that, I hardly find anything. It's nice to finally see someone with hair like mine in it's natural state. I just did the big chop and you won't believe the resistance I got from other people. I am feeling insecure about my hair and started wearing a scarf until I can build up the confidence. I really want this, it's the other people who are making this so difficult. Enough about me...Thanks again for posting, I can't get enough of natural 4 pics
smile.gif

Nice!
smile.gif
You don't see too many type 4 albums where the person is wearing her out. It's usually braided or twisted.

rofl.gif
@ Bobo kissing the "big girl"!

Her hair is gorgeous!! Even though I'm relaxed, I do admire the hair of a lot of naturals.
smile.gif
Black hair is beautiful whether it is relaxed, natural, 2a, or 4z!

I am glad you ladies like it. It is hard to find 4b albums. When I see pictures of this hair type the ladies usually are shown wearing a short fro so I never really get to see what is going on with it.

I have 4b hair...and I am always looking for inspiration b/c I have days where I feel like I could just relax my hair and life would be easier...but no, I love my natural hair too much, just have to be patient with it and not look at it as a burden

Thanks CBG, this is how my hair looked natural when I was younger. Which is not the 4b that was posted by Brit. My son has hair like mine and he is somewhere between your pic. and Brit's. I always wondered if my hair was the only one like this. Can one 4b vary from another?

I agree about the long hair thing. Den1 posts always go up in flames, and she is a natural 4.
Just wanted to add, Faith's hair is looking great. think i'll start a thread.

[ QUOTE ]
joemerald said:
Thanks CBG, this is how my hair looked natural when I was younger. Which is not the 4b that was posted by Brit. My son has hair like mine and he is somewhere between your pic. and Brit's. I always wondered if my hair was the only one like this. Can one 4b vary from another?

[/ QUOTE ]

Joemerald

I think 4Bs can be different from one another Sienna says that she is a 4B with wiry hair which shines more than cottony 4B hair, but is less soft to the touch than cottony 4Bs which I think Honeychild's hair is. Which I am inclined to believe my hair type is naturally...4A/B cottony...based on my "kitchen"
laugh.gif

HTH
ms_kenesha
Rose.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
thanks for posting that. It is really difficult to find natural 4's in black hair mags unless they have braids or locs. Other than that, I hardly find anything. It's nice to finally see someone with hair like mine in it's natural state. I just did the big chop and you won't believe the resistance I got from other people. I am feeling insecure about my hair and started wearing a scarf until I can build up the confidence. I really want this, it's the other people who are making this so difficult. Enough about me...Thanks again for posting, I can't get enough of natural 4 pics
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see, I was like that when I 1st bc. I had jacked my head uo with patches though. after about amonth it looked good

Great thread Brittanynic!! I Love her hair! Beautiful pics! Someone said they wondered if your hair texture changes as it grows and the answer to this seems like a YES to me - regardless of hair type. I have a friend who is a 2 something and she always gets it cut like really really super short at super cuts (She's AA, but gets her cuts from the White Men's hair cuts magazine's that are in those shops). Her hair is slightly wavy, but when she let it grow a little, it seems like a 1 with a slight wave only at the bottom! But my hair, when I went natural seemed to get looser and looser the longer it got and at the time I didn't know anything about all these vitamins. I'm a combination head, 3C in the crown, then it runs into a small patch of what I think is 4B, and little small patches of 4B on the sides, 3C in the kitchen, and all the rest 4A. So since I think I'm mostly 4A, I just say 4A - but yes, it gets looser when it really starts to get longer. Maybe it's just the weight of the hair, I don't know!! Neat huh?

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
joemerald said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Joemerald

I think 4Bs can be different from one another Sienna says that she is a 4B with wiry hair which shines more than cottony 4B hair, but is less soft to the touch than cottony 4Bs which I think Honeychild's hair is. Which I am inclined to believe my hair type is naturally...4A/B cottony...based on my "kitchen"
laugh.gif

HTH
ms_kenesha
Rose.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked out Honeychild's hair album, but she looks more like a 3b, maybe 3c. Her curls were just too big.
But you were really onpoint about the different textures of 4b hair. My sis and I are both natural 4b--her curls are prominent, tight, and very shiny, and is also very thick, while my curls aren't as prominent because my hair is more puffy, or "cottony" and doesn't have much sheen.

Not to start a hair type war or anything, but to me Honeychild is a type 4. I don't sweat the a's,b's, and c's. She does have beautiful hair, though.

[ QUOTE ]
swayback23 said:
Wilth all the pic of models and celebs with flowing European extentions (not all of them
wink.gif
calm down), and the overwhelming number of relaxer threads, why would you thin this site is designed to promote EVERY type of hair as beautiful? Let's be honest. This site hair board mainly forcused on relaxed and straight hair. There are a few naturals, but not nearly as many as those seeking to flee their napps and kinks. If you're looking to see 4B hair celebrated, this ain't the party.

She does have lovely hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be any further from the truth
naughty.gif
. And you've just registered a month ago with 13 posts, so how could you completely know what these boards are all about yet, to say that it's for straight-haired women? These boards will eventually teach you that no mater what type of hair you have, it can grow to unbeleivable lengths if, with the help of the many knowledgeable members of these boards, you learn to take care of your hair. That's why this is caled the "Long" Hair Care Forum, not the "Straight" Hair Care Forum.

Please check out this thread to see that there are many naturals representing on these boards: NATURALS SURVEY , and the natural celebrities we adore: Natural Celebs

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetyb said:
[ QUOTE ]
swayback23 said:
Wilth all the pic of models and celebs with flowing European extentions (not all of them
wink.gif
calm down), and the overwhelming number of relaxer threads, why would you thin this site is designed to promote EVERY type of hair as beautiful? Let's be honest. This site hair board mainly forcused on relaxed and straight hair. There are a few naturals, but not nearly as many as those seeking to flee their napps and kinks. If you're looking to see 4B hair celebrated, this ain't the party.

She does have lovely hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be any further from the truth
naughty.gif
. And you've just registered a month ago with 13 posts, so how could you completely know what these boards are all about yet, to say that it's for straight-haired women? These boards will eventually teach you that no mater what type of hair you have, it can grow to unbeleivable lengths if, with the help of the many knowledgeable members of these boards, you learn to take care of your hair. That's why this is caled the "Long" Hair Care Forum, not the "Straight" Hair Care Forum.

Please check out this thread to see that there are many naturals representing on these boards: NATURALS SURVEY , and the natural celebrities we adore: Natural Celebs

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi! You're assuming that my number of posts has anything to do with my familiarity with the board. Wrong. Second, you only need to join to view the other boards (not hair). I've cruised this board for over a year (I love hair boards). I only joined recently cause I saw something that just made me finally decide to voice an opinion. If you feel differently about the board, great. I feel that a dominant theme is how to chemically alter texture. Sure long hair is the focus, but relaxers and pressing are the lens.
smile.gif

Sure there are many naturals. I never said there weren't.
grin.gif
Have a lovely day.

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetyb said:
[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
joemerald said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Joemerald

laugh.gif

HTH
ms_kenesha
Rose.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked out Honeychild's hair album, but she looks more like a 3b, maybe 3c. Her curls were just too big.
But you were really onpoint about the different textures of 4b hair. My sis and I are both natural 4b--her curls are prominent, tight, and very shiny, and is also very thick, while my curls aren't as prominent because my hair is more puffy, or "cottony" and doesn't have much sheen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that Honey Child is a 3b/4a texture IMO. Im a 3b/3c texture and her hair seems a little bit more poofy or cottony than mines from what I see.
cool.gif

Back