Am I tripping?

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Ok.

My hair doesn't *seem* to be getting longer when it's dried but when I rinse my co-wash/DC and twist my damp hair after my DCs, the twists *seem* longer and thicker than before.

I don't have any excessive shedding, no broken hairs lying dead upon my shower floor. I DC and co-wash weekly and M/S daily or every other day. I protect my hair by wearing twists beneath a satin bonnet under my hat or a twist-out.

In other words, I'm doing everything you're "supposed" to do for healthier, longer hair.

So, ladies, should I trust my wet/damp hair or my dried hair for progress?

Here's my regimen and products:
Co-wash (weekly): Trader Joe's Tingle Treat
DC (weekly): Giovanni Nutrafix (light protein), Doo Gro Deep Down Intense Conditioner (non-protein), mixing them together
DC additives (weekly): glycerin, EVOO, Jojoba oil, Vitamin E oil
Protein (weekly): I have SUPER fine strands so I use Aphogee Green Tea Restructerizer after my DCs to strengthen my hair.
Leave-In (weekly): Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Moisturizer/styler (daily): KCC
Sealant (daily): Blue Magic Coconut Grease

I say trust your damp/wet hair. Due to your curl pattern it may take a bit before your hair starts to show length when it's dry.

JulietWhiskey

:look:i feel bald and my shrinkage has not changed and my hair keeps getting longer so don't feel bad. i'm currently bsl with 50-60% shrinkage.:nono:

know that heat is not the debil like folks say, every now and then do a light blow dry and style or flatiron on low so you can see your length. i do so when i get a trim every 3 months at the salon & she flatiron my hair.

it doesn't matter whether she's wet, damp or dry...your hair in its natural state gon lie to ya:lol: all jokes aside your reggie looks great, just make sure you dust your entire head at least every 3months, not just search and destroy:yep:keep up the good work! :)

@JulietWhiskey

:look:i feel bald and my shrinkage has not changed and my hair keeps getting longer so don't feel bad. i'm currently bsl with 50-60% shrinkage.:nono:

know that heat is not the debil like folks say, every now and then do a light blow dry and style or flatiron on low so you can see your length. i do so when i get a trim every 3 months at the salon & she flatiron my hair.

it doesn't matter whether she's wet, damp or dry...your hair in its natural state gon lie to ya:lol: all jokes aside your reggie looks great, just make sure you dust your entire head at least every 3months, not just search and destroy:yep:keep up the good work! :)

:lachen:. She lyin'!

Seriously, sometimes I look in the mirror and think, "I HAVE to be making some kind of progress because my hair isn't breaking and popping off so I must be retaining my growth, right? (Silence in my head.) Right?..."

I have thought about blowdrying my hair once a month on the same day and time and taking pics to document my progress. I'm about to search for the best blowdryers, heat protectants, etc. Just from preliminary research, I may use the Aphogee Keratin Restructerizer, Direct Leave-In and Grapeseed Oil since it has a very high flash point and blow dry my hair on the low-medium setting.

I'm kinda scared but we'll see...

Back