Am I the only one who doesnt like....

I do like LF BTW, I think they can look very nice if applied correctly. I haven't worn one yet but I purchased two and am looking forward to experimenting.

I love those @naturalmanenyc. The thing is we really only know they're lace fronts cos most of them are so badly applied. Good falsies (anything) are never obvious.

Last edited:
all this thread proves is that some people are about wigs and weaves and some are not. if you are a wig person you will love the challenge of wearing that wig, and to other wig wearers you appreciate the wig of that person for what it is. if you aren't a wig wearer, they will give you the heebie jeebies. Its not always about looking like your own hair, we're like.." that's a damn good wig".
what i don't like are the natural sisters, who choose to use weaves and wigs as some sort of whipping boy for all their foibles and issues with black haircare. I mean, really?? Does having a few more naps, curls, pepper grains in your kitchen make you a better person, or bring you closer to god? seriously? is having natural hair, like having your own nappy jesus on your head( ps. i love that American word nappy, i don't have any negative associations with it culturally)? I have read in forums, blogs, where naturals would get on wig wearers with the evangelical fervor of Billy graham; like they needed to be delivered from wig/weave Satan. ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS... really.

So, why make it serious with all the unnecessary statements against naturals? Side issues..........:rolleyes: :deadhorse:

I had the unfortunate pleasure of seenin the LF in the work place on a coworker and it looked like a mop was on her head because it was down so low! She also combs the hair to the front some but she thought it was cute though. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

comic-p.jpg
:lachen:

Attachments

Last edited:
If people would actually take the time to part it, have a realistic looking scalp(wig cap) underneath, and maybe smooth some baby hairs or not have it so close to their eyebrows(:lachen:), they would look somewhat realistic. Ive never even worn a weave/wig but Ive learned this from watching too much youtube...lol

This video is a partial lace front with tracks sewed in the back...I think it actually looks pretty decent.

[video=youtube;Wp-04E9W_9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-04E9W_9Q[/video]

I've seen a few decent looking LFs, but for the most part I don't really like them. It's not about the hair being fake, it's the hairline. I'm currently wearing a wig (not a LF).

Brandy doesn't have any hair on her edges from wearing them braids for so many years and that's probably why she has that ridiculous looking wig pulled down so far. She might as well just paint her edges in....it would probably look better.

I started wearing them this summer to experiment with lighter colors without dying my real hair. I love them now! I don't glue or tape them down either. There is a way to make the hairline look realistic. You have to tweeze the hairs and mimic a natural hairline. Mine are always tweezed and I make baby hair. The hairlines end up looking like my own. The only thing I don't like is the inability to do a long center/side part. I also hate when the hair texture is too shiny looking. I never have that plastic looking hairline though. Although, when I see other people wearing them in person, they normally have baddddd hairlines. I want to pull them aside and tell them to tweeze it, but I don't want to be rude...

I will be doing a youtube video on how to fix lacefront hairlines soon though. At the end of the day it is fake hair, but you can make it look more realistic if you try.

Here are my favs! Reviews are on my youtube page(in siggy)...

@Ms. Martina, I must admit, that really looks good, and I am one who cannot stand them, but you made it look really natural, with the tweezing method, you need to do a Vid on that, maybe it will help a lot of the young ladies make theirs look better! Honestly, that is what I did'nt like about them, how it was "Face" and then suddenly it is "Hair", You made it so it does'nt seem as if the hair is "Jumping" right off the face, it seems to thin out near the skin, like real hair does! :yep:

By the way, You look very pretty in all of the pics! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
to be honest....I cut the lace off and wear them like a 1/2 wig. I leave about a 1/2 inch of my hairline out and apply the lace from behind that and blend my hair into it.

i have never seen a believable lacefront in real life. this girl in my class used to wear one and it was so distracting lol...idk round/oval hairlines are NOT cute to me. and i wont get started on the texture/glossiness...

^^@nychaelasymone

Not trying to be funny, but why not just buy a half-wig. Not much of a wig wearer (only every now and again), so I don't know the differences. Is there something, besides the lace in the front, that is different about a lacefront wig than a regular half wig?

lacefronts allow me to wear them closer to my hair line than place them further back on my head....along w/ being able to blend my parts into the lacefront, (speaking for myself) I can achieve a more natural look than w/ wearing 1/2 wigs exclusively.

^^nychaelasymone

Member not trying to be funny, but why not just buy a half-wig. Not much of a wig wearer (only every now and again), so I don't know the differences. Is there something, besides the lace in the front, that is different about a lacefront wig than a regular half wig?

I have a friend that wears LF and I want to tell her soooo bad that they look a HAM!!! I hate them with a passion! S/N I am so glad I LHCF is faster so I can talk to yall!:grin:

Keen, I really like that one you posted, I might have to get it.

I need a protective style for the cold weather and I was gonna get braids, but I'm having some serious dry scalp issues and need to wash my hair frequently.

Keen, I really like that one you posted, I might have to get it.

I need a protective style for the cold weather and I was gonna get braids, but I'm having some serious dry scalp issues and need to wash my hair frequently.

MzLady78 I have dry scalp issues also. So I put something in my scalp to keep it moist. Let me know if you do get it. I'll let you know how to part it, tie your hair and flat iron it to make it looks really nice. Yes it does take some maintenance but that's what you have to do to make it not wiggy looking.

I em enjoying lace wigs. Lacefronts are exactly what it says, lace in the front. I usually wear full lace wigs that cost more money and look more realistic because of the quality. Ms. Martina looks great in her lacefronts but I agree that if someone is gonna wear a lace wig they should at least take the time to make it look right. Some women just don't care and slap it on trying to make their forehead look smaller but they must not realize how ridiculous they look. Lace wigs have been working for me as my protective style and for hiding my hair, I have not lost any of my edges and I use glue and tape. Full lace wigs are very versatile and lets you experiment with various styles because of the free style making of the wig. I have dedicated my whole blog to lace wigs and natural hair protection just to share my ongoing experience with them. I have been wearing them for over a year and I like them.

I don't like them really, but I think that's because I see them worn badly more often than not. (Actually it's probably that I only notice the bad ones, I'm not really great at spotting wigs/weaves unless they are messed up) If they look nice then no I don't have a problem with them . I want a wig but won't go for a lf because I'm sure I'd be one of those ladies wearing them badly. :look:

that said I don't mind if wigs look like wigs. not something I really care about, i just don't like the hair line on lace fronts.

Last edited:
I LOVE THEM, :D and I love the way they look on me. :D

Ditto!
I think they're so easy and let me wear hair in styles and colors I would never do with my own hair. Although they look fairly wiggy to me and I'd expect the average hair board member to be able to spot it....in real life people compliment me all the time. My co-worker asked me the other day if I had extensions or a weave and she was shocked when I told her it was a wig.
But even if people could tell it's a wig, I really don't care. All that's important is that my hair is protected underneath and I know that I have WL hair under it and I'm all that matters :-)

Well, I love them. However, I have yet to see one worn with the hairline exposed that I like....I hate them worn that way. I prefer a wrap style so I can simply bobby pin the sides down and go. I don't purchase mass produced LF's from those companies like Freestress or Milky Way, only high quality human hair wigs that have been properly prepared before being sent to me.

Currently rocking this one
MyLittleSecrets_Full_Lace_Yaki_SleekLayers_Side__58425_tiny.jpg

Last edited:
"Look like a McDonald's Logo" :ha:

LOL Too many funny quotes to post here a few

"Your edges lost like Nemo"
"Cabbage patch line around yo head you gots to go"
"Lookin like an NFL helmet on the low low"
"How you get that line to go around like True Religions"
"Tryin to hide your hairline where it's at? Marco Polo"

singing. . . .you are not aloooooone

I don't think lacefronts are believable at all. I prefer the half wigs, and other weaves that leave the hairline out because they actually can fool people. I don't wear any of them though, but lacefronts definitely look fake.

Back