Aluminum Foil

DeQuendre

I was just reading hair tips off of the phytospecific website and it mentions using foil in the same manner as say a plastic/heating cap for deep conditioning. Has anyone here ever used this method? How does it compare?

My grandmother does this when she deep conditions her hair once a week. Her hair is always nice and soft. Now that I think of it ... maybe I should give it a try
smile.gif

I did a long time ago. I think it worked nicely. Now I just use a cond. cap and a heat cap. I'm going to try Saran wrap when I get a chance.

I thought it was an odd suggestion, but I see it may be more common than I thought. Okay, I'll try it if you'll try it
smile.gif
What we won't do for hair.

I'm lost.
ohwell.gif
I'm a newbie. I know next to nothing about caring for my hair. can you explain how aluminum foil and saran wrap are supposed to be used to care for my hair? you mentioned that it was for deep conditioning. should i use any conditioner or a certain type? heat or no heat? hot oil? i need guidance and help.

that's what I use to deep condition, either the saran wrap or the foil, whichever one is handier. I guess that's just how I learned hoe to do it back in the day.

Hmm... maybe I'll try this next hair wash day. I'll probably put a plastic cap over the foil to hold it down.

This was used on my hair once in a salon. I looked like a fool sitting under dryer with a big piece of foil wrapped around my head. ..but it worked wonders.

I haven't heard of using it this way before. I think that I will try it.

I have heard of the conditioning technique where they put aluminum foil on your ends and then apply a flat iron to it to "seal your ends" I have heard good things about this technique but I have never done it.

At the salon they put in the conditioner..then they clipped up my hair and took a long sheet of foil and wraped it all the way around. I looked like Nefertiti or something...lol.. the top part I think was open.

I have a conditioning cap that is "self-heating". It looks and feels like foil on the inside and is a metallic gold on the outside. It gets pretty warm under that cap from my own body heat. I'm assuming that foil (saran wrap) would basically be the same thing and would eliminate the need to sit under the dryer for those deep conditioning treatments.

Back