Almost my one year nappiversary!!! (sorry pics so big)

blackbeauty10

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I can not believe that it has almost been a year since I was forced to BC my hair. My story (short version)...I was transitioning, at about 5 mths post i decided to get a sew in to help with my transition, I had a sew in for 2 weeks and then took it out and had a FIST sized bald spot in the center of my head. I mean the spot was smooth as a babys bottom with no hair follicles or anything. Therefore, I CHOPPED my almost APL hair to less than half an inch on June 25, 2008. It took 5 mths for my hair to start filling in the the spot and a total of about 6 mths for the spot to fill in to wear my hair out. Today, I still have a spot maybe the size of a nickel that will never grow back, but I am definitely THANKFUL that the rest did grow....I thank GOD everyday...and I also thank all you ladies here...without you guys help, I would have LOST MY MIND seriously or probably KILLED the girl who did my hair...:lachen:
Well here are some pics...the first pic is one mth after my BC...and the last two are pics of my hair as of now...(my fotki which is in my profile...has some in between pics, but sorry I havent updapted since month 9) SORRY PICS SOOOOOO BIG!!!!
onemthafterbc.jpg

005.jpg
016.jpg

Great curls. What do you use? You're so cute too!

ETA: Off topic, but your skin looks really good too.

Last edited:
Your hair looks GREAT blackbeauty10! Your sew-in story sounds terrible, but your hair bounce right back. By the way, your smile is very warm. :)

omg ur hair is SOOO cute!! btw whats exactly caused ur hair loss? esp after just 2weeks?

I think it was just the fact that she braided it really tight and then sewed it really tight. My head had hurt for a few days but I just thought it would loosen and get better. Others told me that it hurt for a lil while then it gets loose, but something just didnt feel right and of course when i took it out, I was BALD!!!

Great curls. What do you use? You're so cute too!

ETA: Off topic, but your skin looks really good too.
Aww thanks, I use Garnier Fructis hydra curls for co washing and neutrogena Mask for deep conditioning and sometimes Elast QP DPR for deep conditioning also. I also use KNOT today as a leave in. Thats about it.

You are so cute! Your hair is lovely. I'm sorry to hear about your sew in disaster but at least you have beautiful head of hair in spite of it.

Back