All brushing = Bad?

ChoKitty

I read that brushing can actually make you lose hair, break it, etc. I know that the WRONG brushes cn cause damage, but do you really thing brushing in general could be the cause of most breakage? This book makes a lot of valid points, but, I don't think brushing can damage the hair if the right brushes are used and it's gentle...that said....how do you know what type of brush to use?

:confused:

i dont think brushes are the cause of most breakage unless you rake a brush through your whole hair length or something.

As long as the bristles arent metal or plastic there shouldnt be any major damage to the hair. Any brush with soft bristles would be fine for daily use.

Not that this means it's good or bad, but...I brush my hair all the time, and I can't stop, won't stop.

Uh huh, uh huh :grin:.

Last edited:
I brushed while relaxed, transitioning & now while natural. I have a knock-off Denman by Conair that I sometimes use for detangling... & I'll sometimes use a boar for smoothing ((I've been trying to go without this one, but I just can't...))

I use a paddle brush and a regular SOFT regular bristle brush. Is this a "Bad" thing? I've heard that the flat paddle brushes are good for your hair, and good for scalp circulation, but now I'm starting to wonder....

I hope not ALL brushes are bad, because I need SOMETHING to smooth down my edges, especially when I'm 12 weeks POST relaxer! LOL*

My hair has gotten better and breaks less since I finally bought a denman. You just have to find out what works best for your hair....

Back