After Weeks of PSing and Flexirods...I CAN'T STAND MY HAIR STRAIGHT! *anyone with me?

BreeNique

Hey ladies!

Sooo for Lent this year I gave up BLOGS--HAIR BLOGS, FASHION BLOGS, WEDDING BLOGS, GOSSIP BLOGS, YOUTUBE VIDEOS ABOUT HAIR, ETC. Now that Lent is over, I am slowly inching my way back into the online hair community (leaving the weddings/gossip/fashion alone. i honestly feel more secure in myself without them!)

Anyway,

I usually have my hair in flexi rods/braid outs (as a college student, I don't have a ton of time to do much to it!!) for days at a time, but I was recently in a dance show and I decided to flat iron my hair (first one of the semester!) so my hair would whip.

And now, I don't know what to do with it.

Most of my friends (and my bf) :love: my hair when it's curly, but I was wondering whether or not I'm alone! Does anyone else find it difficult to style their straight hair after doing a protective style for a long time?

<3,
Bree of Breenique! <3

MY USUAL LOOK:
28vvzpi.jpg

Straight
wsa29w.jpg

2zg66uq.jpg

OH! BTW! I'M TRANSITIONING (well i dunno if it's transitioining or stretching...either way my last relaxer was in June 2010)

dn1pgi.jpg

16gkf0z.jpg

i3dkjc.jpg

Last edited:
Re: After Weeks of PSing and Flexirods...I CAN'T STAND MY HAIR STRAIGHT! *anyone with

lol Yes I do I had braids in for like 6 months last year and when I took them down I did not even want to see my real hair because having the braids was so much easier. I understand where you are coming from. I love my hair but braids are just so much easier.

Re: After Weeks of PSing and Flexirods...I CAN'T STAND MY HAIR STRAIGHT! *anyone with

I've been natural for 5 years and I straightened the back for a length check this past weekend. I am unaccustomed to the way my hair feels straight since I have only straightened my hair 2x in 5 years.

I put flat twist in the back but it felt so thin, it just seemed a little harder to work with. I just twisted it back up. I'm not sure what I would do if I tried to wear it straight for a period of time. :look: Yes, I do the same as I did when relaxed :lol:. It would be in a ponytail.

yeah, it's especially weird when you've been stretching.

Yeah, transitioning hair is the worst when it comes to having straight hairstyles :yep: When I was transitioning, my relaxed hair looked so much thinner than my natural hair so flat ironing made my hair look like a HAM. I mostly wore it in a bun or rollerset.

Back