After a protein DC....

After a light protein treatment, do you follow with a moisture DC?

• Yes with heat

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Yes but only leave on in the shower a few mins.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • No. Just put a leav-in and oil after i wash out the DC

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

ANUBIS

do you follow that with a Moisture DC????? Im using ORS replenishing pak in the bottle and I have just recently been using Aussie Deeeep afterwards with heat. What do you do????

do you follow that with a Moisture DC????? Im using ORS replenishing pak in the bottle and I have just recently been using Aussie Deeeep afterwards with heat. What do you do????
Yes, I always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner mixed with a little EVOO.

Yes,I use a Moisturizing Conditioner Like Dove Moisture Conditioner or anything else i have.

I do because I use pretty strong protein conditioners. However there are some that have moisturizers in them or are "lighter" protein. I'm not familiar with either of those you listed. Does your hair feel strong but dry after or does it feel strong, soft and moisturized?

I use a moisturizing conditioner--I don't want to risk an overload or dry, brittle hair. So moisturizing conditioner here we go and I even sit a little longer under the dryer.

:happydance:pixel lady- my hair feels soft and strong afterwards...what DCs do u use I LOVE your hair

If your hair feels soft and moisturized, then there may not be a need for more. But probably won't hurt to use...say...a three minute one (you know a quick one).

I use Mizani's Kerafuse, Wella Keratin Oil and Redkens Deep Fuel or Antisnap...depending on what's going on. I use one every six weeks.

Thank you!!

Follow up with a moisturizing DC.
But I never thought the ORS was a strong enough protein to need to do that. My hair always felt soft afterward without the moisturizing DC.

I always following up any Protein Treatment with a Good Moisturizing DC w/Heat. And since I also use Mega-Tek, I moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

Always striving to keep Protein/Moisture in Balance.:yep:

It depends on the product. Like the ORS Pak isn't really a protein treatment, so it really doesn't need a moisture follow-up. But the Aussie Deeeep is a great product to have in your stash. :)

Only when using a strong protein.

ORS Replenishing isn't a strong protein so I use it on its own.

I follow with a moisturizing DC when using something like Aphogee (not the 2 min), or Nexxus Emergencee.

I've never used a "strong" protein in my life so I guess that's why I'm different. I always use conditioners that have a good protein+moisturizing mix. I condition weekly with conditioners such as these.

I don't use "strong" protein conditioners. If my protein conditioner leaves my hair hard, I consider it ineffective and discontinue use. My deep conditioner must leave my hair soft, strong, and supple.

Nope...I don't DC again after a protein DC/with heat. I protein once a week, with mild proteins (Wednesdays). No need to DC again after my protein DC. I simply add my moisturizers and whole-head baggy if necessary. I rotate with AO-BGA Protein & Strengthener, Joico 3Min Reconstructor, Giovanni Smooth as Silk xXtreme, ORS Mayo, ORS Replenishing.....

My saturday routine is my pure moisture day....for MY HAIR! :hair: this works wonders.

I used to but not anymore. I just moisturise as normal after the protein treatment. My hair feels strong but silky at the same time.

Yes, I always f/u w/ a moisturizing conditioner. When I use Emergencee, I lightly poo it out, and then use Tresmee naturals or Kenra, or even a cheapie conditioner. Then I'm good to go :up:

No never. My hair loves soft protein conditioners. I don't even consider ORS Repleishing pakto be a protein conditioner so...

I alternate each week with either a moisture dc or protein dc and after my protein dcs I definitely just wash it out and go on about applying my leave in, a thick creamy one.

I've never used a "strong" protein in my life so I guess that's why I'm different. I always use conditioners that have a good protein+moisturizing mix. I condition weekly with conditioners such as these.

I don't use "strong" protein conditioners. If my protein conditioner leaves my hair hard, I consider it ineffective and discontinue use. My deep conditioner must leave my hair soft, strong, and supple.

This. I use Aphogee 2 Min as my protein DC and fall it up with a cheapie conditiioner wash and that's it. The Aphogee doesn't leave my hair hard, it feels soft yet strong, so I don't double deep condition it anymore.

Back