After a 20 Wk Stretch I ALMOST relaxed!!!!

dede1129

So I just got back from D.C./NYC for vacation and I had a weave in since I was partying like it was 1999:lachen: for my Book Release. Anywho, 3 days before my vacay was over I decided to take my weave out and as I did I just wore my hair in a braidout until I got back home, which brings me to today I went to the store after much deliberation and I bought some ORS and was totally planning on texlaxing because I Loved my thickness but the knots and tangles were driving me loca! So, I said the perfect solution seemed to be to texlax to keep the thickness but get my hair to be more manageable. UNTIL I put some water and moisturizer on my hair before I went to the store and I was like :lick: at my waves so I went grovery shopping, my hair dried and I was like Oh Yeah i am gonna texlax...weird I know, lol. Anywho, I bought the relaxer and got nervous because HELLO this is not something I could undo. After 5 months of dealing with these two textures, was I sure that i wanted to end all that with one application???:perplexed So I stared at my hair for what seemed forever (it was only 5 minutes, LOL) Then I decided to whip out my (Herstyler)flat iron and do an experiment. I straightened one section and to my surprise it came out exactly how I wanted my hair to be, Full and smooth I was then giving the ORS the side eye like :look:. So instead I washed, DCed, blowdried, and flat ironed and I was like YES WE CAN!!!!:yep: I was so happy that I was able to achieve my desired look without the creamy crack:lachen:I had limited myself by just assuming that because I wanted straight hair that I had to telax right now, which was not the case and I wanna thank all you ladies on here because back in the day i would have slapped that crack (no offense to the relaxed ladies) on so fast that i would not have even given it a second thought but now I know better what can work for my hair instead of just going towards the norm, because of the knowledge I have gained I have more options. Sooooo, I digress I know you are like Yeah Yeah chick where are the pics,:lol: Here they are!

Attachments

• june.jpg
    june.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 127
More Pics after I Flat ironed with my Herstyler!

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 93
  • june1.jpg
    june1.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 104
I'm so proud of you!!! I think our own ideas about our hair can get in the way of how easy it can be to manage. I'm happy you were able to achieve your look with the crack! LOL

Dede, you're funny! :lachen: I love your hair. I wish I could get away with using heat during the summer months, but my hair reverts too quickly. Just this morning I had a simple braid out on my natural hair and was looking nice :kiss3:. At the end of my one hour commute into the city my hair had shrunk and expanded sideways :nono:. ONE HOUR :spinning:. I pulled that mess into a bun, but not before two co-workers saw me. :sad:

Thanks girl! Yeah I am moving to Hawaii in August and so I am sure the Heat will be a challenge for me as well:yep:

Dede, you're funny! :lachen: I love your hair. I wish I could get away with using heat during the summer months, but my hair reverts too quickly. Just this morning I had a simple braid out on my natural hair and was looking nice :kiss3:. At the end of my one hour commute into the city my hair had shrunk and expanded sideways :nono:. ONE HOUR :spinning:. I pulled that mess into a bun, but not before two co-workers saw me. :sad:

Back