After 2 Years On Lhcf....

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
image.jpg I realized I've been on the board for 2 years now. This is my progress so far....

1st pic--Aug 2013 when I joined. My hair had been pressed straight at the salon. I was around 20 months into my long term transition

2nd pic--Jan 2014. Hair was roller set. 25 months into my long term transition

3rd pic---September 2014. Hair was roller set. 33 months into my long term transition

4th pic. September 2015. Hair was roller set. Almost 4 years into my long term transition.

At this point, my hair (when straight) is between hip and tailbone. I'm happy with the length, so now the focus is to get rid of my relaxed ends by dusting 1/4 to 1/2 inch every 4 months and maintain at tailbone. I have so much natural hair now that it makes the chemically processed
ends look so thin in comparison so at this point, they gotta go.

Regimen & products:
I consider my regimen low maintenance. Wash, DC with steam & roller set every 10 to 14 days. French braid or bun until the next wash day. I use Shea Moisture & Camille Rose products as well as MoroccanOil Hydrating Masque. Thanks for viewing and Happy Hair Growing!

:clap::cup::thud:You must have the patience of Job. About how many
Inches do you have left? I tapped out at 17 months I wanted to see my natural hair so bad. I don't roller set but I always love seeing your roller sets.

@stephanie75miller LOL. I believe I have 5-6 inches of relaxed ends in most areas. My bang is completely natural. This transition has been smooth sailing through deep conditioning & roller setting.

Oh and I just adore your wash and go's. They are always on point.

How pretty!

In your first shot, you have highlights. Did you color over them? Have you had to do anything different to maintain your hair, especially the colored parts? When did it become easier to manage your hair (a certain length, when you could do a particular style, etc)?

How pretty!

In your first shot, you have highlights. Did you color over them? Have you had to do anything different to maintain your hair, especially the colored parts? When did it become easier to manage your hair (a certain length, when you could do a particular style, etc)?

@kupenda Thank you. I grew tired of the highlights. They weren't hard to manage at all especially when I stayed on top of my protein treatments. I just wanted something different so I dyed my hair Jet Black with Shea Moisture coloring system.

I've been around kitchen beauticians my whole life so I learned how to style my hair at a young age...I could braid and roller set in middle school. Lol

@lulu97
Congratulations on your progress! What fabulous hair you have.

The hair in pictures 2,3 and 4 is different looking to picture 1. I read your regimen. It's nice and simple.

Do you think roller setting was the key action or thing you did that set you on your path to that beautiful, hip length hair in such a short time? Or, was it because you stopped relaxing? Or was it something else?

To me, your hair was "dream hair" when you started, as documented in that first picture. At times, it's just a few adjustments that are done, as opposed to totally overhauling one's regimen, that makes a tremendous difference. What was the case for you: small changes or big changes? Thus, that's why I was asking about what you may have done differently from picture 1 to picture 2. Hair progress posts are my favorites!

You hair is magnificent. Thank you for posting!

@lulu97
Congratulations on your progress! What fabulous hair you have.

The hair in pictures 2,3 and 4 is different looking to picture 1. I read your regimen. It's nice and simple.

Do you think roller setting was the key action or thing you did that set you on your path to that beautiful, hip length hair in such a short time? Or, was it because you stopped relaxing? Or was it something else?

To me, your hair was "dream hair" when you started, as documented in that first picture. At times, it's just a few adjustments that are done, as opposed to totally overhauling one's regimen, that makes a tremendous difference. What was the case for you: small changes or big changes? Thus, that's why I was asking about what you may have done differently from picture 1 to picture 2. Hair progress posts are my favorites!

You hair is magnificent. Thank you for posting!

@Chicoro Thank you! The 1st picture looks different from the rest because it was pressed at the salon by my stylist and the other 3 were all roller sets done by me at home. No direct heat was used so they look more puffy and aren't as straight as the first.

I credit my progress to a number of things. Shortly after joining the board, I found out I was pregnant. After having the baby, I also nursed for 15 months so I think the pregnancy gave me extra growth. My postpartum shedding was minimal too (maybe from nursing) well except for my edges....they took a hit. Lol

Another thing I think helped is keeping my hair smooth through roller sets and uping my Moisture by deep conditiong (which is something I knew nothing of before joining the board)

I thoroughly enjoyed my relaxed hair. It was pretty long as well so I don't think giving it up played a huge part. I never had issues with relaxing until I decided to get highlights with bleach. The double process of chemicals didn't play well together and that's the main reason I decided to transition.

@Chicoro Thank you! The 1st picture looks different from the rest because it was pressed at the salon by my stylist and the other 3 were all roller sets done by me at home. No direct heat was used so they look more puffy and aren't as straight as the first.

I credit my progress to a number of things. Shortly after joining the board, I found out I was pregnant. After having the baby, I also nursed for 15 months so I think the pregnancy gave me extra growth. My postpartum shedding was minimal too (maybe from nursing) well except for my edges....they took a hit. Lol

Another thing I think helped is keeping my hair smooth through roller sets and uping my Moisture by deep conditiong (which is something I knew nothing of before joining the board)

I thoroughly enjoyed my relaxed hair. It was pretty long as well so I don't think giving it up played a huge part. I never had issues with relaxing until I decided to get highlights with bleach. The double process of chemicals didn't play well together and that's the main reason I decided to transition.

@lulu97,
Thank you for taking the time to respond in detail. It's appreciated!

Back