After 2 Years On Lhcf....

Lulu, your hair is beautiful and great progress.
Do you have a trimming schedule?

@CurlyMoo Thank you so much for the compliments! :2inlove:

In the last two years, I've trimmed maybe 2 inches. I didnt feel like my ends were in bad shape so I mostly search and destroy and just snip off knots or ssk's. From now on, I do plan on dusting 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch every 4 months....Jan, May & Sept.

@lulu97 wow, your hair is beautiful! You mentioned staying on top of your protein. Do you have a schedule or just go by how your hair is behaving? Also, if you were to give 3 tips and 3 tips only for roller setting what would they be ?

@caliscurls Thank you. In the beginning (maybe the first year) I would clarify and do a protein treatment with Aphogee 2 step every 2 months. Now a days, I just incorporate protein conditioners in my reggie and use them when the mood strikes. I like Shea Moisture Anti Breakage Masque or their Tahitian Noni (the rinse out conditioner not the masque) since it has keratin as the 2nd or 3rd ingrediant. Those 2 keeps my hair pretty balanced.

3 tips I would give for roller setting:
1) Practice makes perfect. The more you do it, the more you will perfect your technique. There are great tutorials on youtube.
2) Roller set on clean & well conditioned hair...and have a light hand with your leave in/styler.
3) Make sure your set is fully dry before removing the rollers otherwise all that hard work would be in vain.

HTH!

Last edited:
Beautiful hair!
Which Camille Rose products do you use for your rollersets?

@blackeyes31626 Thank you!

I love Camille Rose! I use the coconut water collection's leave in and the Aloe whipped butter gel (small amounts of both) prior to setting. To maintain the moisture until wash day, I use the Moisture Milk.

I just purchased the coconut water collection's deep treatment. Haven't tried it yet but I will for my next wash. The ingredients look promising.

Your hair looks amazing! Not only is your hair amazing, but I appreciate how kind you are. You are always so responsive and supportive. Just wanted you to know that I appreciate that.

Back