After 2 years of giving my hair a rest....

sweetcocoa

I had a light relaxer(10 minutes...mild) applied to my hair Sunday. I was a little hesitant to post this(I feel like I let others down)...but originally I really only stopped relaxing because of all the problems I was having due to not knowing what to do with my hair. I wanted to start over and give my hair a rest for 2 years. Once my hair started growing back quickly I thought I would stay natural, but I have been going back and forth(more so recently) and then I decided to stick to my original plan. With all the knowledge I gained here I am convinced that I can take care of my hair and keep it healthy despite being texturized(cause I still want curls when I air dry). I don't plan on changing my routine because I feel that is what allows me to feel comfortable with relaxing my hair. Thanks to all you ladies(relaxed and natural) and your advice...because of you I feel happy and safe about my decision.
rosebud.gif

SC - if your happy, I'm happy.
clap.gif
You did what you had to do and now that you know so much about your hair, you shouldn't have any problems in the upkeep.
Initially, when I saw the post I said "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"... but I'm okay now, really I am.

All that matters is your happy with your decision & i'm sure you will be able to keep & maintain healthy hair, so where's the pics?
smile.gif

Sweetcocoa I relaxed my hair a couple of months ago using Revlon's mild
smile.gif
You have to do what is right for you, so don't feel any which way about letting anyone down. I am glad your results turned out fine and even happier that you are comfortably with the decision you have made to return to relaxing.

I stopped relaxing also because I didn't know how to properly care for relaxed hair. But after reading all these great tips from this forum, my hair has never been healthier and it is definately flourishing! I bet your hair looks fabulous!!! Keep up the great work and definately keep those beautiful photos of yours coming
smile.gif
!

Yeah, sweetcocoa, pics!
poke.gif
we want pics!
poke.gif

Girl you know it is YOUR hair and you owe no one justifications for doing what you wish with it! We appreciate explanations anyway, though,
Rose.gif
since we are all on this journey together.

wheeewww! I was sweating bullets over here...
laugh.gif

Thanks for the support! I don't know what I was worried about...you all have proven time and time again....that you are all a 'classy' and special group of ladies.

I thought my eyes were deceiving me...I had to read the first sentence twice.

Good for you. I'm sure you'll do fine with your newly texturized hair - Oh yeah...take more pics!!!
trampoline.gif

I'm sure your hair will flourish and do well no matter what you decide to do. I can't wait to so the pictures! Will you be taking any air drying pictures?

GULP!!!
cry3.gif
I can't believe it, SweetCocoa!!

How do you feel about it?? How does your hair look? Did it stretch out a lot? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just in shock right now!! Your natural hair was so gorgeous!! Anyway I'm sure it still is!! Please be sure to post some pics soon!!
smile.gif

<font color="orange"> Congratulations on making a decision you're happy with.
clap.gif
I'm sure your hair is healthy and looks great.</font>

I can't wait to see the pictures. You know many of us have struggled with the relaxer vs. natural thing. So we definitely understand your decision. You have to do what's best for you.

SweetCocoa, I am so happy for you. I am sure your hair looks gorgeous. I too have been back and forth about relaxing again. But since I have been on this board I have learned a lot too. You hair can be healthy long and relaxed. I am glad that everything worked out. I know it was a tough decision. Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Wow, Sweetcoca, I must admit that I am shocked as well but not dissapointed. It is your hair afterall. Just remember it is your decision and no one can dictate what you can and cannot do with your hair.

The only reason why I stopped relaxing was because my hair was breaking due to lack of knowledge.

Who knows, I might relax again someday. I think the Aveda Elixir I am using right now helps in weighing down my hair so there is less shrinkage and my hair swings
trampoline.gif
, so my I see my length right now.

I am happy for you.

Just two questions though, why did you texturize, you already had natural curls (or at least I thought)?

And was it the shrinkage that was bothering you?

Can't wait to see pics

Janice

I happy for you as well, Sweetcocoa. Only you know what is best for your hair! And as we all know, with all of the information on this board, you can't go wrong!
weird.gif
smile.gif
trampoline.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Sweetcoca, I must admit that I am shocked as well but not dissapointed. It is your hair afterall. Just remember it is your decision and no one can dictate what you can and cannot do with your hair.

The only reason why I stopped relaxing was because my hair was breaking due to lack of knowledge.

Who knows, I might relax again someday. I think the Aveda Elixir I am using right now helps in weighing down my hair so there is less shrinkage and my hair swings
trampoline.gif
, so my I see my length right now.

I am happy for you.

Just two questions though, why did you texturize, you already had natural curls (or at least I thought)?

And was it the shrinkage that was bothering you?

Can't wait to see pics

Janice

[/ QUOTE ]
Janice I didn't want to leave the relaxer in my hair for a long time...because it would be too straight(which means less body)for me.
I really got tired of dealing with the frizz there was shrinkage...but it was mostly the frizz... which gets worse when it is humid.
I also got an inch trimmed off the ends(I guess I better update my signature).
I did a lot of things wrong when I relaxed before. I don't intend on repeating the same mistakes.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought my eyes were deceiving me...I had to read the first sentence twice.

Good for you. I'm sure you'll do fine with your newly texturized hair - Oh yeah...take more pics!!!
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. And I'm sure your hair looks just as pretty as it did before.

Sweetcocoa,

Whatever makes you most happy and comfortable makes us happy - you know that.
smile.gif

I can't WAIT to see pics now! If you ever need help with texturized tresses holla at ya gurl! LOL
grin.gif

sweetcocoa, i'm glad things went well for you. don't worry about what people may say. you're the one that has to live with your hair. we support whatever you do!
smile.gif

Hey SC, where are the pics? As long as you're happy, do what works for you, it's cool with me
smile.gif

drunk.gif
Slowly, but surely

Back