After 2 years of giving my hair a rest....

WOW! I'm happy your happy
drunk.gif
I can't wait to hear your advice for handling relaxed tresses
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetcocoa,

Whatever makes you most happy and comfortable makes us happy - you know that.
smile.gif

I can't WAIT to see pics now!

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA
smile.gif

I support your decision and fully understand it. You can still have healthy relaxed hair....just continue the regiment that has brought you this far...

Wow, I'm surprised, but I'm not disappointed
nono.gif
... in fact, I'm happy for u...cuz I know that you're gonna use all of your acquired hair knowledge to keep your texturized hair just as healthy & pretty as your natural hair was....WHICH I LOOOOOVED
smile.gif

Oh yeah, u know that I'm waiting to see it.. so get that cam & get busy girl
Flahssssss.gif
laugh.gif

I'm surprised too but I'm glad you're satisfied with your hair, sweetcocoa.
smile.gif
You made an informed decison so don't stress other folks reactions.

I'm anxiously awaiting your new pics!

I'm happy for you as well Sweetcocoa and I hope that it's everything you expected it would be. Like several others said, you gotta do what's right for you. I'll still look up to-and your hair.
wink.gif

sweetcocoa, I'm glad your hair regained its health! I'm thinking about going back to braids since my hair is so long and healthy now (creeping down my neck!).

As long as you're happy and with all the knowledge here you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Like the others said we can't wait for the pictures.

Im happy for you, after all you know your hair best and with all the knowledge on this board your hair will stay healthy.

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="brown">Sweetcocoa,

What brand of relaxer did you use?

AngieK </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
AngieK, A friend(former hairdresser who has bra strap length hair) did it for me. She used Motion's mild...lye of course(something I learned here). She then trimmed an inch off my ends(which I sorely needed).

Thanks everyone. As soon as I can I'll have my co-worker take a pic and post it. I'm currently wearing a rollerset(minus the wrap)...so it is smooth and wavy from the crown down and curls at the ends ...it feels very smooth and silky. I never had this softness before(of course I was doing no-lyes and blowdrying and curling irons and a whole lot of other no-nos!
naughty.gif
)I'm waiting to see how it does in this DC area humidity. Thanks again.

I was a little shocked, but not disappointed at all. You've have been mentioning this for awhile. I'm happy for you and can't wait to see pics. Didn't you originally get your hair relaxed like every 6 months anyway??

[ QUOTE ]
I was a little shocked, but not disappointed at all. You've have been mentioning this for awhile. I'm happy for you and can't wait to see pics. Didn't you originally get your hair relaxed like every 6 months anyway??

[/ QUOTE ]
Nita4, yes I did....then someone said I should get a touchup every 4-6 weeks or my hair will break off. I assumed she was right(although I wasn't really having a problem)... after that, I was definitely overprocessed (dried and fried). I kept getting relaxers...thinking they would correct the problem. There are so many things I was doing wrong...plus I had all the warning signs(didn't know what they were at the time...but I do now). I'm back to 2 times a year. I don't really have a problem with the new growth in the winter. But I do in the summer.

Sweetcocoa,
Girl don't feel bad at all! I guess change was in the air for the both of us because I just relaxed my hair on saturday after being natural for 2 years and 3 months. I just needed a change and I felt that I wasn't getting to my goal fast enough my hair looks really nice and I don't regret my decision at all. I too used a mild lye relaxer. Enjoy your new look!!

CICI

Congrats Sweetcocoa is CiCi! I'm sure your hair looks lovely!
smile.gif
And you both seem satisfied with your decision to relax. That's ALL that matters.
wink.gif

Blessings,
Compassion

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetcocoa,
Girl don't feel bad at all! I guess change was in the air for the both of us because I just relaxed my hair on saturday after being natural for 2 years and 3 months. I just needed a change and I felt that I wasn't getting to my goal fast enough my hair looks really nice and I don't regret my decision at all. I too used a mild lye relaxer. Enjoy your new look!!

CICI

[/ QUOTE ]
Enjoy your new look also. I guess we both had the same thoughts on our minds.
trampoline.gif

wow I thought you were going to say you shaved your head.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
but i believe you have to do what works best for you. i mean you are the one who has to deal with your hair on a day to day basis no one else. so its your decision since it is your hair. if you are happy then i am happy for you.
smile.gif
smile.gif
God bless you all.

Holy Cow!!!
shocked.gif

I nearly fell out of my chair! I'm happy for you, Sweetcocoa. Whatever makes you happy is all that matters!
smile.gif

If the person you see in the mirror is happy that is all that matters. I spent most of my adult life natural then did a texturizer. I got rid of the texturizer because my hair was acting up, it was a highly stress time in my life. I am considering texturizing again but only when I am absolutely sure. Relaxing or remaining natural does not change who you are as a person. You are still the same. Enjoy your new hair.

Thank you. I'm happy for now...but who knows somewhere down the line I may chop it all off and start over again(I won't transition the next time). I guess I know that it will always grow back as long as I care for it properly.

Please tell us how your hair reacts to the humidity since you said you mostly did it to deal with frizz. My hair is one large frizz ball. I have also been considered getting a texturizer. So if this works for you please let me know.
Thanks
Daisy

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell us how your hair reacts to the humidity since you said you mostly did it to deal with frizz. My hair is one large frizz ball. I have also been considered getting a texturizer. So if this works for you please let me know.
Thanks
Daisy

[/ QUOTE ]
I have my rollerset today. It's suppose to be humid. I'll check it out also tomorrow when I'm going to airdry and pm you on how it holds up.

Back