Afraid of Water!!

Lindy

Ladies,

I was thinking earlier about how afraid of water I used to be, when it came to my hair. Up until I started reading posts on this forum, I would never even have dreamed of air drying my hair or trying a twist-out. I have always thought that either a blow-dryer or a hooded dryer was utterly necessary if I was ever to get my hair wet. Even to the point of going on vacation and refusing to get my hair wet because I didn't want to use a blow dryer on it!! And I mean, Caribbean vacations, where I would have loved to just play in that beautiful water and have fun and not have to worry about what to do with my hair later on. Just last summer I didn't fully enjoy the cruise I went on for this very reason!!! I am so excited thinking of how much I will enjoy my next vacation and all my future ones, knowing that I have the options of air drying and twist outs!!!

Sadly, I believe I got this fear of water getting on my hair from my Mom. To this day, she will not go out in the slightest drizzle without an umbrella. I think that comes from that old school mentality of having pressed hair, and always having to avoid all moisture. Even though her hair is relaxed, she's convinced it will revert if it gets wet. Granted, rain will mess up your style, but not if it's just a drizzle!!

Anyway, I said all this just to say again how thankful I am to have found this forum. Thanks to you guys I am no longer afraid of my hair and I'm not afraid to try new things. This forum has actually changed my life!

/images/graemlins/cheers.gif LONG LIVE LHCF!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Lindy,

You are not alone. I used to think too much water was my hair's worst enemy. Well, now I know better and my hair has greatly benefited. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dont worry u r not alone /images/graemlins/smile.gif i used to think that water wud 'strip' my hair of its natural oils, how this happened i have no idea /images/graemlins/confused.gif i kno better now tho coz i kno if i am to gain some length then moisture has to be my hair's best frend /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Back