Who's Afraid of Their Big, Bad Hair??

tuffCOOKiE

So.. I'm transitioning and I have STILL not found the right products that will give me the braid/twistout that ISN'T crunchy-slash-dry-slash- doensn't make me want to wash my hair all over again.

I took down my last weave install about a month ago and I have YET to do a co-wash/braidout/twistout because I'm afraid of my hair! I'm afraid that if I try anything out of my normal pattern (outside of new, reviewed, prods), my hair will turn on me.:nono:

I don't want to put in all this time for it to turn out just TERRIBLE. I have work at a very conservative firm the next day! WTF am I supposed to do if I look RUGGED?!!

Anyone else afraid of the big, bad hair??:sad: Or, is anyone afraid of trying something new with their hair?? Like a wash n go? Air drying etc..

Last edited:
What products do you have? I'm transitioning and i have all the basics i feel i need so i'm not afraid lol.

Well, tonight I'm gonna try to do a TO with my Jane Carter Leave-in and seal w shine &define by oyin.. I was going to do it last night but I lost my nerve...

I've tried:

this #4 Curls cream - SUCKED
co-washing with aussie moist (leaves my hair coated and not clean)

So you're still experimenting? I only use products i know have worked. Some protein products make my new growth feel dry but i pretty much do the same thing to my hair every week. The only time thats gonna change is when i end my transition.

I must admit, I am AFRAID of my hair in it's NATURAL state. Like the whole wash n go thing scurrrrs me. -

As far as your braid outs are concerned, have you tried something that offers a little more hold (they usually help with definition too) I have heard (and will buy in the near future) good things about OHM Body Sweet Pudding, & Donna Marie Twist and Lock. For now I am using Miss Jessie's CP, to twist my hair until I try the other products. In order to combat dry stiff hair, I use a leave-in BEFORE applying any setting product and only use the Miss Jessie's sparingly. My leave in of choice is Oyin's Honey Hemp Condish.

^^ Gabbana, you're one of my hair inspirations!! I really just wanna have hair like yours..

I've only seen your hair pressed, however. I have the Oyin Honey hemp, but I've never used it as a leave-in. It's great but when it dries, it dries HARD. I'm guess it's bc of all the glycerin and the BLISTERING COLD weather we've been having in NYC.. Thanks for your suggestions!!

^^ Gabbana, you're one of my hair inspirations!! I really just wanna have hair like yours..

I've only seen your hair pressed, however. I have the Oyin Honey hemp, but I've never used it as a leave-in. It's great but when it dries, it dries HARD. I'm guess it's bc of all the glycerin and the BLISTERING COLD weather we've been having in NYC.. Thanks for your suggestions!!

Awww thank you :) I have some twist out and braid out pics in my fotki :yep:

I'm 21 weeks post and Shescentit Jojoba milk makes my hair soft. I wash w/ a no sulphate poo,then deep condition w/ whatever and follow up with a leave -in. I would say pay close attention to the leave-in.

If I were afraid of trying something new, I'd do the test run on the weekend, when I don't have to go anywhere or when I'd have time to start afresh and try again if it was a flop. But unless what you've been doing isn't working for you, I suggest you step away from the tub of PJ madness. Not only is it an expensive hobby but it can have disastrous effects too.

If I were afraid of trying something new, I'd do the test run on the weekend, when I don't have to go anywhere or when I'd have time to start afresh and try again if it was a flop. But unless what you've been doing isn't working for you, I suggest you step away from the tub of PJ madness. Not only is it an expensive hobby but it can have disastrous effects too.

:yep:Yep, I try all my new styles now on Friday nights and if it's a disaster, I start over on Saturday morning.

I learned that the hard way.

I did a lot of my "new looks" during the weekend or when I knew I did not have a lot of places to go during the week.

I hope you find something that works for you darling!!! Maybe just using something basic right now will work for the big bad hair day at the firm......

:yep:Yep, I try all my new styles now on Friday nights and if it's a disaster, I start over on Saturday morning.

I learned that the hard way.

Don't you go out on the weekend? Not clubbing, but that's usually when I go out and catch up with friends! Then I can't do it Saturday night bc Sunday I have church..:ohwell:

Well, maybe I'll have to just pick a weekend..

Back