Achieved 1st Goal...Thanks LHCF!!

Ambitious1013

This is my first thread and I wanted to take the time to say THANK YOU!

In August, I was looking through old photos and decided that I needed a change. My hair was a short pixie cut for about eight years. I am so glad that I came across this site! I have learned so much about how to take care of my hair properly. I don't even want to go into all of the things I was doing to my hair before LHCF. You can tell by the August 2005 picture in my siggy. :lol:

I know that I have a long way to go compared to a lot of ladies on this site. This site is such an inspiration and I want to thank you again! :)

HoneyDew said:
CONGRATS!! You hair looks great.

What kinds of things did you do to achieve your goal?

Thanks Honey Dew!!! :)

*I prepoo with EVOO.
*I shampoo and deep condition my hair twice a week with Aubrey Organics.
*My leave in staple is Giovanni Direct! :love:
*I oil my scalp with jojoba oil mixed with peppermint and rosemary.
*Hair Vitamins
*Use Limited Heat
*Scalp massage every night
*Jojoba or carrot oil on my ends
*Conditioner wash when needed to add moisture

It is very important for me to keep my hair moisturized due to having color treated hair. This regimen has worked really well for my hair so far!

Last edited:
wow!:clap: Now thats the kind of comparison pics I like to see!!! :clap: Your hair looks amazing! Even, full, and healthy throughout! And it is color treated too? I know how hard color can be on growing hair. you've done it girl!

Sistaslick said:
wow!:clap: Now thats the kind of comparison pics I like to see!!! :clap: Your hair looks amazing! Even, full, and healthy throughout! And it is color treated too? I know how hard color can be on growing hair. you've done it girl!

Thank you!! This means a lot since you are one of my hair inspirations!

I knew that I had to make some changes with growing my hair but I couldn't give up my color. :lol: It's been hard but rewarding.

hondahoney007 said:
Congrats on your progress!!! I love the color. What color is that and is that a semi-permanent or permanent color?

You all have made my day! Thank you so much for the comments! :)

My color is a permanent color. I use Clairol Textures and Tones in Bronze. Before LHCF, I colored my hair with almost every product but never tried Textures and Tones. It was suggested by another member here and I decided to try it. I love it and my hair does too!!! I am really happy with the results.

Wow, congratulations!!!! :clap: Your hair looks awesome!!!! It's so healthy and I love the color!!!! Awesome progress in such a short period of time, keep up the good work!!!!

Back