? About Corrective Relaxers

sillygurl18

I relaxed my hair last the day before Christmas Eve with a lye relaxer for the first time.(Revlon Realistic Regular)MY hair didn't take to it. Have you ever done a corrective relaxer at home. If so, did you use your regular relaxer or a different one. I'm just trying to plan my next relaxer in Feb. TIA

I got my corrective relaxer at home with my regular relaxer. It helped but I will need another relaxer to get it totally right.

I had tried several times to do a corrective relaxer since last march. I finally succeeded over the weekend and I realized the key really is smoothing small sections at a time.

what kind of relaxer do you use now? Do you apply it like a relaxer on virgin hair or did you just sort of comb it through.

I normally use Affirm but this time I did it at home with Motions, I guess I didn't leave it on long enough and also I made a mistake because I took out a sew in weave and relaxed the next day, which is probably why it didn't turn out right.

I heard from a hairdresser (that I trusted) that you can do a corrective relaxer after 2 weeks. However, I waited at least 7 weeks before trying again.

Back