A White Woman Tried To Put Me Up On Game Today . . .

Silkycoils

I went to a networking event for Attorneys. I met an older white woman who is on her second husband. She sized me up and quickly told me that I need to move. I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, and she said I needed to move in town. She even told me which club to join. She represents high-income individuals and many of them live in this building. She's even appeared on RHOA. I looked up the rental rate of some units . . .Chile please! :lachen: I'm going to have to be more creative. That's all. I just thought is was funny that she was so open with me and shared her tips. Now . . .to implement them.:curtain::eyebrows2:

ETA: I won't be a "Secret Squirrel", :lachen: . . .she told me to move to Vinings.

Last edited:
@Dee-Licious

Well, she asked me if I played tennis, and told me I should join this athletic club where the Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders train (Windy Hill Athletic Club). She said by living in the area, I'm more likely to run into these men. She's represented these men in their divorces. I'm interested in being a 2nd wife. :lachen: The rental rates are out of my budget though . . .well over three grand for 2br condo rental!!!!

Last edited:
Yes Chile! :lol: When I first moved into the NYC metro area I thought i was being smart by living outside of the city paying about 1/2 of what it costs to be in the city. Then I happened to be in Manhtattan walking by a young WW one day and she was on the phone whining to someone and she was like (paraphrasing) "It's so expensive, I put all my money into housing" and then I was thinking "why???" - then a lightbulb went off. It's about being at the right time and the right place to meet who you're trying to meet. :)

About positioning...When I lived in Paris and was desperate to meet Americans and just be around the familiar, I sad in the lobby of the American University in Paris and that opened up so many doors for me. I met folks that I hadn't seen from back home in Haiti in years, led me to get some free meals in their caf when I was broke, got me a place to crash and so much more socially. So yes, positioning is the best.
You know....there's truly a blueprint to this life all you really have to do is follow others leads and sometimes create your own path (but don't waste too much time if it ain't working lol). I think about all the knowledge that I can get if I talk to more people who are willing to share info and help me along the way even though in in my 40s. Cuz I still have stuff to learn!

You know....there's truly a blueprint to this life all you really have to do is follow others leads and sometimes create your own path (but don't waste too much time if it ain't working lol)
Just because thanks wasn’t enough. :clap: I thought you were in your 20s for some reason. Oh well. :lol: You basically articulated what I was trying to say earlier. If you can’t afford to move into those expensive buildings then eat at the cafés there or sit in the lobby and befriend the people working there. It’ll go a long way.

Just because thanks wasn’t enough. :clap: I thought you were in your 20s for some reason. Oh well. :lol: You basically articulated what I was trying to say earlier. If you can’t afford to move into those expensive buildings then eat at the cafés there or sit in the lobby and befriend the people working there. It’ll go a long way.

Simple reason, cuz I stay sharing my struggles on here lol All things a mature woman my age should have been done learned lol especially when it comes to relationships...

Where do you live now? I think Buckhead, Midtown, Poncey-Highlands or even Sandy Springs would be great places. I dated my more affluent exes when I lived off Ponce and other similar areas. The residents are single and younger. I did meet my now H when i lived in Dunwoody. There are affordable spots in those areas.
The burbs are usually filled with families. Another up and coming area is the Avalon area in Alpharetta but a lot of the people i know who live or lived at the Avalon don't like it because it's filled with divorcees :spinning: (i wouldnt consider that a problem :lol: )

Some of you might have heard of Taylor B. Jones and her SugaInsider Sweet Talk podcast.

A guest on the podcast said to frequent large 5-star hotels in the city (you'll run into men who are there for business meetings). She also said to volunteer at political functions, go to yacht shows, or work at a high-end men's store.

Taylor talked about how she helped someone meet a man she was interested in (an NFL player). He was going to a charity event, so Taylor told her to email the Director of the organization that was having the event and say "I support the cause, how can I help at the event" instead of just showing up there. That worked, and that's how she got in and met him.

Another guest on the podcast said that she met men by going to restaurants alone and sitting at the bar to have a meal or a drink.

They also mentioned dance lessons, golf lessons, and changing your daily routine so that you go to a different area when you go to the grocery store or the gym.

Jetsetbabe.com mentioned relocation in one of her blog posts and how important your location is.

Where do you live now? I think Buckhead, Midtown, Poncey-Highlands or even Sandy Springs would be great places. I dated my more affluent exes when I lived off Ponce and other similar areas. The residents are single and younger. I did meet my now H when i lived in Dunwoody. There are affordable spots in those areas.
The burbs are usually filled with families. Another up and coming area is the Avalon area in Alpharetta but a lot of the people i know who live or lived at the Avalon don't like it because it's filled with divorcees :spinning: (i wouldnt consider that a problem :lol: )

Snellville. :lachen:I moved here because I had children . . .well they're all big and grown now.

OAN: I just got back from Barcelona today (I'm a Flight Attendant as well), and I met this man (white) who is an Entertainment Executive (I worked Business Class this trip). I asked him how he enjoyed his trip, and that got us to talking about where we live, etc. He used to run Turner Broadcasting in Atlanta and lived in Buckhead . . .now he lives in Beverly Hills. :look: He was friendly, and I looked stunning (if I do say so myself :lachen: ), but I didn't get any vibes. When he got off, he said it was nice meeting me. :look: I've got to get better at my sexual magnetism. :look: Men appreciate my looks, but don't always approach (I'm really tall . . .don't know if this matters). Anywho, I want to know how to always secure the bag! :lachen:

Last edited:
Gurl, I know! :lachen: I don't want to sell my house though, because it was my first and that's where I raised my sons. I would LOVE to move in-town, but don't want to pay a mortgage and rent. I'm seriously going to figure out how to turn my magnetism up to 10,000. :lachen: I don't believe in approaching or throwing myself at men.
you can rent it out to a family. ive never approached or thrown myself at a man in my life. did the lady suggest you do that?

you could also just hang out in the city and stay at your home.

you can rent it out to a family. ive never approached or thrown myself at a man in my life. did the lady suggest you do that?

you could also just hang out in the city and stay at your home.

No, I was just saying this because I think some white girls are forward and would've thrown themselves at an Entertainment Executive who lives in Beverly Hills. :lachen: That kartrashian matriarch used to be a Flight Attendant.

No, I was just saying this because I think some white girls are forward and would've thrown themselves at an Entertainment Executive who lives in Beverly Hills. :lachen: That kartrashian matriarch used to be a Flight Attendant.
Speaking of Kris, and being in the right place at the right time, she met her 1st husband at Del Mar Thoroughbred Racetrack outside of San Diego. Not sure if they were at a horse race or another event.

So maybe check out events or festivals at a nearby horse racetrack, or annual steeplechase events.

I suggest facebook and live where you want. I am friends with an attorney on FB who I've to know for years and although his friend's list was private, he sent me friend suggestions. A very prominent attorney and businessman (white dude) ended up being my friend We now date and he sends me clients. I also posted on a celebrities public facebook page and got a private friend request from him. We chatted online. I thought it was a scam until he called and I heard his voice! OMG! We have been developing a great friendship, we met in person several times and talk nearly every day. He sends gifts and some of his products. We set a date for me to fly up and visit his home and meet his friends in a few weeks.

That was wordy. I say all of that to say. Live where you can afford to and use whatever methods it takes to meet people.

I suggest facebook and live where you want. I am friends with an attorney on FB who I've to know for years and although his friend's list was private, he sent me friend suggestions. A very prominent attorney and businessman (white dude) ended up being my friend We now date and he sends me clients. I also posted on a celebrities public facebook page and got a private friend request from him. We chatted online. I thought it was a scam until he called and I heard his voice! OMG! We have been developing a great friendship, we met in person several times and talk nearly every day. He sends gifts and some of his products. We set a date for me to fly up and visit his home and meet his friends in a few weeks.

That was wordy. I say all of that to say. Live where you can afford to and use whatever methods it takes to meet people.

s-166db947481f026e47bed760c912fd2aa901fc3c.gif

Get it Lady!!!! :-)

Some of you might have heard of Taylor B. Jones and her SugaInsider Sweet Talk podcast.

A guest on the podcast said to frequent large 5-star hotels in the city (you'll run into men who are there for business meetings). She also said to volunteer at political functions, go to yacht shows, or work at a high-end men's store.

Taylor talked about how she helped someone meet a man she was interested in (an NFL player). He was going to a charity event, so Taylor told her to email the Director of the organization that was having the event and say "I support the cause, how can I help at the event" instead of just showing up there. That worked, and that's how she got in and met him.

Another guest on the podcast said that she met men by going to restaurants alone and sitting at the bar to have a meal or a drink.

They also mentioned dance lessons, golf lessons, and changing your daily routine so that you go to a different area when you go to the grocery store or the gym.

Jetsetbabe.com mentioned relocation in one of her blog posts and how important your location is.

This is how the youngest (37) and only black Director at my company found his wife. He was at conference in Texas went to the bar for a drink. She was a 3rd grade school teacher (divorced with two sons) meeting some friends for drinks. Next thing I know... she doesn’t teach anymore, she moved to North Carolina, they eloped in Vegas and have a little baby girl.

They met in LATE 2015. We went to a conference in August and he was single. Wed in summer 2016. Baby born Feb 2017.

No way in hell would I be living in the Atlanta suburbs and all my kids are grown and I’m single. Lol!! Seems like all I would be doing is watching Netflix alone on most nights..

Who are you, and how do you know my life?! :look: :lachen:

I honestly HATE going downtown once I've passed that mountain (Stone). I'm too comfortable. *sigh*
I met a man earlier this month while I was in New Orleans for Essence Festival. We went to lunch in NO. He actually lives in Atlanta. That's over though, as he complained about driving from Decatur to Snellville (no more than a 30 minute drive) to see me for our second date/first meeting since being back in town . . .o_O :lachen: I cancelled his tail SO fast! Lawd . . .

Last edited:
Who are you, and how do you know my life?! :look: :lachen:

I honestly HATE going downtown once I've passed that mountain (Stone). I'm too comfortable. *sigh*
I met a man earlier this month while I was in New Orleans for Essence Festival. We went to lunch in NO. He actually lives in Atlanta. That's over though, as he complained about driving from Decatur to Snellville (no more than a 30 minute drive) to see me for our second date/first meeting since being back in town . . .o_O :lachen: I cancelled his tail SO fast! Lawd . . .
Lol!! That’s too far for people that do t like to drive. Find you a man that likes you and likes to Drive then you will have a match made in heaven lol.

Back