A Very Good-looking Man Sends You A Facebook Request

OriginalBeauty

But you have no other connection to him. You find out he works in finance and is widowed.

You are very happily married and want 0 drama.

Do you accept the friend request or keep it moving?

This question triggered a memory about a former co-worker of mine who, along with 1-2 of her friends, set up a fake profile of an attractive guy for nothing more than TheLolz™. "He" was initially created to prank their friends. But then later they saw that random women would add him (and he could add random women), despite having no connection to him. Needless to say, women stayed in the DMs of this fake dude; co-worker and friends played along with responses and all.

With that tangent done, the answer is no. And I'm with the other person who said they don't get why adding him is an option tbh.

I’d message him to find out why he’s trying to friend me. I assume there’s a reason other than him trying to hook up. If he doesn’t respond or suggests the latter than I’d delete or ignore.

I’d message him to find out why he’s trying to friend me. I assume there’s a reason other than him trying to hook up. If he doesn’t respond or suggests the latter than I’d delete or ignore.

I wouldn't even do that much. If some random man wants to friend me, the appropriate thing for him to do is to send me a message to explain himself. So all friend requests from people I don't know and have no connection to get deleted, no matter how cute they may be :look:

I would if he offered to send me money.

My time is valuable

LOL. Some random dude sent me a friend request with a message that he would send me $3,000.

I am repulsed by most men these days so the only way I'd pay them any mind is if they were willing to pay up.

Someone under the guise of the "Sexy Grandpa" from social media (who was later found to be gay) was communicating with a relative of mine. I had to break it down to her that it was a Catfish.

This could be Catfish scenario, or maybe your hubby or someone in your circle trying to bait you. Be careful.

Not sure why its even a question to deliberate on?

If the husband received a FB request from a nice looking woman he works with what would the wife expect him to do? I’m sure him just questioning what to do or not do would be an issue for some.
If they work together it’s a different scenario though. A handsome stranger probably doesn’t have any business contacting you but an attractive colleague might.

I actually had this happen before with a married friend. Her husband sent me a friend request. I immediately told DH because the guys are acquaintances and it was out if character and straight up weird. We later learned that it was an automatic request that went out to everyone in his contact list.

I was planning to ignore it, but still felt relieved to find out it was a mistake.

colleague requests need to be made over LinkedIn unless its a FB for a business page. It's not wise to mix and match lives like that anyway.

Requests from males on my personal social media would go ignored (if I were married).

Back