A Question About Cones

darlingdiva

My current leave-in is CD Black Vanilla Leave-In. The old formula, which I use, does not have silicones. The new formula, however, contains PEG-12 dimethicone glycerin. I remember reading that any silicone that has "PEG" in the name is water soluble and should be able to be rinsed off with water alone. However, this article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=13) says that all silicones need to be washed off with a surfectant. Is this true? Your responses will me help me to determine if I'll continue using CD's Leave-In or go to Jane Carter's leave-in, which I've been dying to try.

P.S.: I currently buy the old formula from Macy's b/c they're the only retailers that have the silicone-free leave-ins. The CD stores & Sephora only have the new formulas. I know that I can't rely on Macy's for the old formula forever because, eventually, even they will run out of the old formula.

Bumping for some answers for you on this. I wish I could help but I'm just learning about cones myself. My hair no likey:nono:

Back