A Night Owl's BKT..... finally did it!.....

RootPunch

and I love it! I started around 3am (I'm usually up at that time anyway). I was itching to put this stuff in and see if it works. So far, so good. Feels so silky and perm-straight. I used Acai DreamHair, courtesy Fabulosity. Smells good, but that sweet berry didn't mask the formaldehyde completely for me. {Reminded me of gross anatomy and putting perfume on our upper lip to distract from the smell. I know that smell anywhere. But I digress.}

Now I'm usually FIRE with a flat iron anyway, but my hair usually puffs by the time I'm through. I'm almost 18 months into transition from relaxer.
I have to co-sign with 'Fab'.....the hair is swangin and the pictures I took do it no justice. Yes, I took pics. I've never loaded pics here, so bear with me [and I don't want another dance-off!!!!]:lachen:

I'll put a few, because I have to run some errands for hubby's bday party this afternoon. Maybe I can do a step by step show-n-tell tomorrow. That is if this picture loading comes out flawlessly.

Lata gatas!

Pics 1 and 2 are pre-BKT, a 4-day old rollerset.
Pic 5 is pre-BKT, blow dry after clarifying shampoo
Pics 3 and 4 are post-BKT, already blown dry and flat-ironed.

Attachments

• DSCF1743.jpg
    DSCF1743.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF1744.jpg
    DSCF1744.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF1856.jpg
    DSCF1856.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF1854.jpg
    DSCF1854.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF1828.jpg
    DSCF1828.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 173
Just great! I just did mine's yesterday after contemplating for close to 2 months whether or not to do it. Great job!

great job. are you going to keep doing them?

I most definitely will keep doing them. Hopefully it will last at least 3-4 months. Two to 3 times a year seems good for me. We shall see.
What I will change?:
1) Next time I'll have a fan going in the bathroom, or do it somewhere a little better ventilated.
2) Apply less product. I used about 1 1/4 ounces. I parted the back half in little sections to make sure product was all over. I started getting a whiff of fumes when I got to the front, so I just applied product to each of the 2 remaining big sections and hurried up and blowdried.

It's been almost 7 hours since I've finished and my hair still feels smooth and silky. It's not puffy and I've run errands and just finished baking a cake.

Wow, 18 months. Impressive.

And your hair looks really pretty!

The last 15 months have been the hardest.... lol..... trying to block out the annoying comments/ questions that made me wanna consider a relaxer EVERY SINGLE DAY. I even have a "spare" relaxer just chillin in my closet for an emergency.

Now I KNOW I won't use it, since I've found my precious.:grin:

Great job! You're hair looks good! I just did my second treatment last night with Dreamhair Acai as well and I can't stop touching my hair, isn't it the best?!

Why do you feel like you should've used less product? Because of all the fumes? I am trying to find what amount works for me. The first time I felt as though I didn't use enough and this time I felt maybe too much but when I flat ironed it wasn't stiff at all (far from it) so I figured it was the right amount for me. I just get worried that if I use too little some strands won't get coated properly and will fall prey to a 450 degree flat iron w/o any protection.

Great job! You're hair looks good! I just did my second treatment last night with Dreamhair Acai as well and I can't stop touching my hair, isn't it the best?!

Why do you feel like you should've used less product? Because of all the fumes? I am trying to find what amount works for me. The first time I felt as though I didn't use enough and this time I felt maybe too much but when I flat ironed it wasn't stiff at all (far from it) so I figured it was the right amount for me. I just get worried that if I use too little some strands won't get coated properly and will fall prey to a 450 degree flat iron w/o any protection.

Thanks. I know what u mean by the hand-in-hair syndrome.:drunk::drunk:

I do think I got almost the same results in the front as in the back without doing all of that parting. The fumes began to scare me because I didn't know if it was going to get real bad or not. It didn't. All I had to do was step out of that enclosed space I was in for a few seconds at a time. I really was so anxious to put it in that I didn't set myself up in a proper place to do it.

DreamHair as proven itself to me, because here it is 18 hrs later, after a vry busy day, and my hair didn't revert to an afro and it's still swinging and feels soft. My front edges are a little "swollen" (see pics, even though they don't do it any justice) but NOTHING compared to what it usually did pre-DreamHair. Plus, it feels like a Dream. lol :yep:

The real test will be after a first wash.

Attachments

• DSCF1877.jpg
    DSCF1877.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1880.jpg
    DSCF1880.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1889.jpg
    DSCF1889.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 11
RootPunch, your hair is AWESOME. BKT is the best thing to happen to hair since the hotcomb :lachen: Now that you have BKT'd, there is no turning back. :yep: And why would you want too? :think:

and I love it! I started around 3am (I'm usually up at that time anyway). I was itching to put this stuff in and see if it works. So far, so good. Feels so silky and perm-straight. I used Acai DreamHair, courtesy Fabulosity. Smells good, but that sweet berry didn't mask the formaldehyde completely for me. {Reminded me of gross anatomy and putting perfume on our upper lip to distract from the smell. I know that smell anywhere. But I digress.}

Now I'm usually FIRE with a flat iron anyway, but my hair usually puffs by the time I'm through. I'm almost 18 months into transition from relaxer.
I have to co-sign with 'Fab'.....the hair is swangin and the pictures I took do it no justice. Yes, I took pics. I've never loaded pics here, so bear with me [and I don't want another dance-off!!!!]:lachen:

I'll put a few, because I have to run some errands for hubby's bday party this afternoon. Maybe I can do a step by step show-n-tell tomorrow. That is if this picture loading comes out flawlessly.

Lata gatas!

Pics 1 and 2 are pre-BKT, a 4-day old rollerset.
Pic 5 is pre-BKT, blow dry after clarifying shampoo
Pics 3 and 4 are post-BKT, already blown dry and flat-ironed.

Looks great Rootie!!
I could of at least got a PM or sum'n that you had posted pics... jeeez.... :lachen:

Another little tip... for the next two washes use conditioner... I like to use "Yes to Tomatoes" or carrots, or cucumbers... they still foam and sud and actually feel like you are washing your hair. That will make you feel like the dreamhair isn't still in thehair.. but you will keep the effects..

Looks great Rootie!!
I could of at least got a PM or sum'n that you had posted pics... jeeez.... :lachen:

Another little tip... for the next two washes use conditioner... I like to use "Yes to Tomatoes" or carrots, or cucumbers... they still foam and sud and actually feel like you are washing your hair. That will make you feel like the dreamhair isn't still in thehair.. but you will keep the effects..

Sawwwy Fab, how rude of me!:look:
I will get those "Yes...." joints. Lookin forward to enjoying it for many, many weeks.

Back