A New Use It Up Challenge

tnorenberg

We haven't done this in a while and as I am trying to use up the 40+ bottles of shampoo and conditioner I have unknowingly stockpiled I thought maybe some of you would like to join me.

This is a fun challenge. The point is to use up what you have before you but another similar product.

Join the challenge. Tell us.....
1) How many bottles of shampoo, conditioner, oil, etc you have
2)Any creative uses you've found to help you polish them off.
3) What you want to buy to replace the bottles you've polished off (your wish list)

Just check in periodically to let us know if you've been able to stick to the challenge. The first one was hard for a die hard, impulsive PJ like myself. :lachen:

Welcome

Forever In Bloom
Ms B haven06
Shadylane21
tbaby 8
diva613
danigurl18
chebaby
MJ
mwedzi
Centered Girl
***Que***
mizzdebbi
Rock Creak
Keshieshimmer
TonicaG
LivinLaughinLovin
glam-

Last edited:
I actually just started do this last week so I am in! I will not buy anymore poo or condish until I am finisehed with what I have, which is around 20-30ish. I will however purchase my 3 litters of real control which I have rain checks for.

I'm with ya! I gotta see how much we're working with. I'll come back with my count. I'm scared :nono:

Thanks for joining. My 40+ is spread across 3 bathrooms and I also buy for my 2 daughters also. They have got a lot of hair. Oh, I love that Team Obama trailer on the bottom of your siggy. Too cute.

Last edited:
Welcome Forever In Bloom, Ms B Haven06 and Shadylane21.Thanks for joining.

In an attempt to use up some of my cheapie shampoos I am also using them to refill the hand soap containers in the bathrooms and for dish washing liquid too.

I think I might be able to join this one, seeing that I am kinda doing this one already. I have three large rubbermaid bins full of hair stuff. The only thing I think I will buy is my staple conditioner for the winter, real control hair mask. I love this stuff. I can tell a difference in my hair when I use it. I even use it on my mom and she is mostly gray and it softens her hair too. I have to have it and my oils that I have started adding to my conditioners.

OT: How are you all using up the various ones that you have? I am using some for shaving cream for me and my DH. I need some other uses. I like the hand soap thing. I have to try that one.

I'm in, I was just tempted to buy some stuff today and I said to myself - I have got to use up and clear out some of the stuff I have. Let me take inventory and I'll be back

I need this bad!! I have 2 shampoos and about 15+ conditioners! I also have alot of moisturizers, gels, and oils!! When all of this stuff is gone, I want to buy a maxiglide as a present for my hard work and dedication!:grin:

I way too much stuff to count it all. This challenge will be good for me. I think I might donate some to the locally beauty school.

My stash:
Mizzani Botanifying poo, fulfil condish, hydrafuse, h20 intense
5lb keracare humecto
Chi Transformation treatment
QP poo relaxed hair
2- 320z CON
Apoghee2 min recon , green tea recon, hard core trt, protein poo
Redken Smooth down condish and real control
Giovanni smooth as silk, and direct lvn
Nexxuss humectress and keraphix
Hydruss poo and Humectin condish
Biolage cera repair
MT/OCT
Organix coconut milk condish-
HE hello hydration
Paul mitchell tea tree condish
Pantene r/n mask
Mill creek keartin condish
Cantu leav in repair cream and grow strong cream
Hairveda sitrinillah condish, vatika frosting, cocasta oil
Castor oil, jojoba oil
ORS poo and olive oil cream
Bhringrai conidsh and Henna hair wash
Hydratherma growth lotion, moist advantage condish and follice invig.
Thats all :spinning:

I like the idea of using the cheapie poo for hand wash, someone else suggested shaving with cheapie condish. After I use up all/most
this stuff I want to try WEN. :blush:

well im going to join.
i dont use shampoo any more (except aphogee). i use wen and chargin valley poo bars.
so i dont really go out and buy shampoo.
i have plenty of cheapie conditioners but i just started back co washing so thats good.
i have plenty of deep conditioners but only 3 are staples so i have to get rid of the rest.

and all my moisturizers and oils are staples.

I don't have any hair products to use up. I only have my staples in stock. However, I have quite bit of supplements and veggie and fruit powders that I need to use up. I'd bought those products to help me with some health issues. If those qualify, I'd like to join the challenge.

My stash:
Mizzani Botanifying poo, fulfil condish, hydrafuse, h20 intense
5lb keracare humecto
Chi Transformation treatment
QP poo relaxed hair
2- 320z CON
Apoghee2 min recon , green tea recon, hard core trt, protein poo
Redken Smooth down condish and real control
Giovanni smooth as silk, and direct lvn
Nexxuss humectress and keraphix
Hydruss poo and Humectin condish
Biolage cera repair
MT/OCT
Organix coconut milk condish-
HE hello hydration
Paul mitchell tea tree condish
Pantene r/n mask
Mill creek keartin condish
Cantu leav in repair cream and grow strong cream
Hairveda sitrinillah condish, vatika frosting, cocasta oil
Castor oil, jojoba oil
ORS poo and olive oil cream
Bhringrai conidsh and Henna hair wash
Hydratherma growth lotion, moist advantage condish and follice invig.
Thats all :spinning:

I like the idea of using the cheapie poo for hand wash, someone else suggested shaving with cheapie condish. After I use up all/most
this stuff I want to try WEN. :blush:

This is what I want to do as well. My goal is to get rid of my shampoos with the exception of one and use the WEN or something similar. I also like Sareca's idea of using one product line if possible like Redken. Most product lines are made to work in unison, like Aveda and Paul Mitchel for example.

Here's one idea. I used up the rest of my Aura Rosemary Mint Shampoo (about 5 years old) to mop the balcony where my elderly cat urinated repeatedly....yeah it was quite stinky. Now it is minty fresh :)

I'm in. I probably have like 4 or 5 bottles of shampoo and 6-8 bottles of conditioner. I will buy to replace the v05 conditioner and the TJ's Nourish shampoo, nothing else. I don't even want to use up all the stuff, I just want to give it away or throw it away. Does giving or throwing stuff away count, or do we actually have to use it?

Welcome tbaby 8, diva613, danigurl18, chebaby and MJ. Thanks for joining the challenge.

I'm in this challenge! :clap:

Thanks.

ETA: I just looked at the items I'm using up.

I have 5 different supplements to finish off (all opened), plus 3 unoppened bottles.

I also have 1 unopened 500g container of green juice powders and 2 unopened 500g containers of red juice powders.

My Goal: With the exception of 1 supplement, I will finish all the supplements by January 2009. I will finish the remaining supplement by August 2009. I plan to do this by taking these supplement everyday until each has been finished. I will not restock these supplements. Instead, I will buy and take only my staple supplements.

Last edited:
I'm in this challenge! :clap:

Thanks.

ETA: I just looked at the items I'm using up.

I have 5 different supplements to finish off (all opened), plus 3 unoppened bottles.

I also have 1 unopened 500g container of green juice powders and 2 unopened 500g containers of red juice powders.

My Goal: With the exception of 1 supplement, I will finish all the supplements by January 2009. I will finish the remaining supplement by August 2009. I plan to do this by taking these supplement everyday until each has been finished. I will not restock these supplements. Instead, I will buy and take only my staple supplements.

That reminds me of some wheatgerm I have been trying to get rid of. I forgot why I bought it, but I put it in salad dressing, tuna salad, smoothies, on top of baked fish or chicken. Maybe I can use all the extra biotin I'm not taking by crushing them into a smoothie too.:rolleyes: You've got me thinking......

I'm in. I probably have like 4 or 5 bottles of shampoo and 6-8 bottles of conditioner. I will buy to replace the v05 conditioner and the TJ's Nourish shampoo, nothing else. I don't even want to use up all the stuff, I just want to give it away or throw it away. Does giving or throwing stuff away count, or do we actually have to use it?

Well...throwing it away isn't using it up, just getting rid of it.However, giving it to someone who will use it does count. Just as long as it gets put to good use it counts.

Ok....I have to be in this challenge. I have over 30 bottles of con, mainly for cwing. And I guess because I'm a licensed stylist, I'm used to buying everything in bulk quantities. I don't have much poo tho, just a couple of neutralizing for when I relax mine or texlax dd's hair, a couple of clarifiers oh and some garlic poo. (MT) I have a numerous amount of oils...from evoo,evco, tea trees, sunflower, and others. I also have alot of creams, shea butter, avacado and some more. I truly don't have to buy nothing for a while, just restock on my MT. My goal is to use this crap before I go on another binge. I'm even doing others hair to use up some of my items.

I'll join. I was doing this on my own, anyway! I don't have THAT much so it shouldn't be too hard. I'll post what I have later when I get home.

Glad I joined! I was on the way home today and I was like, oooh, let me grab a bottle of conditioner, then I remembered that I had to use up what I had a home first :)

That reminds me of some wheatgerm I have been trying to get rid of. I forgot why I bought it, but I put it in salad dressing, tuna salad, smoothies, on top of baked fish or chicken. Maybe I can use all the extra biotin I'm not taking by crushing them into a smoothie too.:rolleyes: You've got me thinking......

You can put it in your deep conditioners, prepoo, and cowashing conditioner. I think Sereca uses it. Try searching, I'm sure you'll get some hits.

ETA: I'm assuming you meant "wheat germ oil."

You can put it in your deep conditioners, prepoo, and cowashing conditioner. I think Sereca uses it. Try searching, I'm sure you'll get some hits.

ETA: I'm assuming you meant "wheat germ oil."

No. no the actual wheat germ flakes...since we were on the food topic.:lick:

Back