A Natural Update...Finally!

Melaninme

Hello Ladies,

It's been a while since my last update, but I've mangaged to publish a few pics to my fotki site...more to come.

I'm still on the quest to obtaining all one length hair, but I may have to give that up after viewing the many long haired manes on this board. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's hard to cut away the length achieved in order to have it all one length. May just let it grow and do it's own thing...we'll see.

Anyhoo, take care!

Your hair looks great.
59.gif

Oh yeah.. /images/graemlins/spank.gif
27.gif
Put the scissors DOWN!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
KAddy said:
Your hair looks great.
59.gif

Oh yeah.. /images/graemlins/spank.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gifrders: Put the scissors DOWN!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying, I'm trying. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lovelymissyoli said:
Very pretty!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Your hair & your pictures...do you take photos professionally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I don't take professional photos, but would love to some day.

Good night! Your hair is stunning.

Ok...couple of questions. I find that trimming is ESSENTIAL now. My natural hair feels like broccoli florets on the ends if I dont. I try to put if off as long as possible because I am afraid of losing length. But I dont want to keep raggedy, uneven hair. How often should you trim?

Can you (or ANYONE) give lessons in taking better pictures and using photo shop? My next goal for my 2nd year of being natural is to take more interesting pictures.

When is that SERUM going to be ready?

Ditto!!!

[ QUOTE ]
KAddy said:
Your hair looks great.
59.gif

Oh yeah.. /images/graemlins/spank.gif
27.gif
Put the scissors DOWN!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

very beautiful Asha....though you are pretty scissor happy, at least your trims come out looking professional. Cant beat that. Gorgeous /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love to view your album Asha. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Your hair looks great straightened and au naturale. Great job!!!

Very nice album! I would like to say that I like Mane Attraction and will being using it for my first ever twists.

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
Ok...couple of questions. I find that trimming is ESSENTIAL now. My natural hair feels like broccoli florets on the ends if I dont. I try to put if off as long as possible because I am afraid of losing length. But I dont want to keep raggedy, uneven hair. How often should you trim?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK! I thought it was just me. My ends are so hard to keep up with. If I flat iron my hair the length is silky but the ends stay hard...and I trim regularly.

Maybe I should change hairstyles??

Don't feel bad Seoul. You are not alone. I'm very trim happy when it comes to my own tresses. I can't help it. I just love me some healthy ends.

Anywho...your hair is looking beautiful as always.

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
Good night! Your hair is stunning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Pookeylou!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pookeylou you are absolutely correct when you say that trimming is essential. I find that I can not go longer than two months with out trimming or dusting my ends. Mostly to maintain shape and to keep my ends in the best possible condition. With the "cut" I gave myself back in September, use of the serum and a new product that I use only on my ends (Omega), I only needed to dust my ends during this trim session (removed about 1/4") and that was all she wrote.

I will say that my best trims are when my hair is straight. Many trim by doing a blow out prior to trimming or when their hair is in twists( because they never press their hair), but since I press my hair I want to obtain more even results. I tried twisting my hair then trimming my ends for several months, but I didn't like how my hair fell whenever I pressed my hair due to it being uneven. I ended up removing more than I wanted to in an effort to even things out a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you (or ANYONE) give lessons in taking better pictures and using photo shop? My next goal for my 2nd year of being natural is to take more interesting pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know Pookeylou, I've been asked so many times how to take better pictures or how to use photoshop. I can honestly tell you that for me it was just trial and error. I don't know what to say except that for some reason taking pictures and using the software tool just clicks for me. I play around with different settings and I sort of imagine what I want to see and then I just go for it.

The new camera that I have is manual. I have followed the basic instructions to take pictures and everything else is just from me experimenting with the different settings. Same thing with the software. It was already installed on my computer when I purchased it and I just play around with it until I see something I like. Many things I come up with I wouldn't be able to reproduce it if I tried. My DH tells me to write down what I've done so that I can reproduce the same affects, but I have yet to have done this.

I really would love to take a photography class, but just can't seem to find the time to do so.

[ QUOTE ]
When is that SERUM going to be ready?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's packaging has arrived and will become available by the end of this week or by Monday.

On my website's homepage is a form that you can fill out to include you on the mailing list for upcoming new arrivals and specials. Make sure to fill out this form so that you can receive the news when this, along with other products, become available.

Take care Pookeylou! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

To all, thank you so much for the compliments. Truly heartfelt and appreciated.

Brittanynic16,

The serum is an all natural herbal complex that I created to aide in stimulating the scalp to promote healthy roots and growth.

Tru-Mind,

The textured curls style is a result of pin curling my hair.

Angel54,

Serum should become available by the end of this week to early next week.

Please fill out the form on my website's homepage to receive notification when this, along with when other new products become available.

Thanks again ladies!

Back