A Natural, almost on the verge of giving up!

Hang in there! I have relaxed hair and I love it, but it seems to me as if you love your natural hair, so don't feel the need to relax it if you don't want to. Natural hair and relaxed hair, although similar, can be quite different and require different products. Certain products that you used for your hair while you were relaxed might not work the same now that you are natural. I don't know your daily routine, but I suggest you keep your hair routine as natural as possible (using natural oil, -cone/paraben/glycol free conditioners and deep conditioners ) and see how this makes your hair feel.

How are you able to maxiglide your hair in 20 minutes, i must know your secrets!!!

It's crazy right?! It's taken me years to get to this point because I tried everything. I just posted pressing techniques on this thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=165419

They are very rough instructions, but I'm planning to make a youtube video explaining everything soon . . . and if you want you can pm me about any details.

The only amendment I would make for maxiglide is that I use the highest setting and the steam button. I go through the hair the first time very lightly- any catches and I get back out my comb/denman brush and detangle. The next time I do it with the steam all the way through. Like the video says- I glide through- no pulling- that means it's not detangled properly. I swear by Keracare curling wax. I also use African Royale six oils and/ or coconut oil to seal the press.

Pressing with a hot comb takes 20-30 mins, with Maxiglide 15-25.

I understand the feeling. I've been natural for a long time and I'm thinking about putting a chemical in my hair. I bought the Just For Me Teture Softner but I haven't used it yet.

I've been wearing twists/twistouts for about a year and am getting bored with the style. I flat ironed my hair this morning and before lunch time it poofed out and looks terrible.

I was thinking about getting braids or a sew-in so I can give my hair a break.

You know, I think being able to keep a press (hair not "going back") totally depends on hair type, length and climate. I have poofiest hair type, and I've lived in wet cold climates most of my life- which means- reversion!

When my hair was chin length I gave up on pressing, but as soon as it was long enough to throw in a pony tail I kept a hair rubberband handy and just pulled it back when I was outside.

Now that my hair is longer, going outside with a press means wearing a hat and a braid. As soon as I get indoors I let it loose and do the Farah Fawcett.:rolleyes:

I also oil my pressed hair everyday which helps. And I've collected a nice set of headbands and hair thingys in case it gets out of control!:spinning:

You know, I think being able to keep a press (hair not "going back") totally depends on hair type, length and climate. I have poofiest hair type, and I've lived in wet cold climates most of my life- which means- reversion!

When my hair was chin length I gave up on pressing, but as soon as it was long enough to throw in a pony tail I kept a hair rubberband handy and just pulled it back when I was outside.

Now that my hair is longer, going outside with a press means wearing a hat and a braid. As soon as I get indoors I let it loose and do the Farah Fawcett.:rolleyes:

I also oil my pressed hair everyday which helps. And I've collected a nice set of headbands and hair thingys in case it gets out of control!:spinning:

Thanks for the advice. I think your hair is absolutly beautiful. You have been my inspiration for some time.

I twisted my hair last night. I think I will keep it twisted for awhile until my hair gets longer also.

I have also been interested in the carmel treatment that you use. I got most of the ingredients. I just have to find wheatgerm oil.

Back