A little nervous, but excited - Curve Visit Tomorrow

well thanks for the review, not what I exspected but I guess it lets pple decide if they would like to risk hundreds of dollars and not be satisfied, I think for the price alone they shouldn't let a customer leave out completely satisfied, and on top of all the examining of your hair they couldn't see that some of your natural texture came in looser than the other and some straight, that way they could have let you know what to exspect, I just think it's crazy and highly over prices. IMHO

Thanks SO,

I was about to come to NJ to get you to post. :D

Thanks for the detailed account. I'm glad overall that you were happy with your services.

You think if I wanted to get my relaxed hair done but transition to natural at the same time, they would do my hair? Or would they ask me to come back with more natural hair?

I've actually been there before but they did a straight style for me when I was fully relaxed.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
well thanks for the review, not what I exspected but I guess it lets pple decide if they would like to risk hundreds of dollars and not be satisfied, I think for the price alone they shouldn't let a customer leave out completely satisfied, and on top of all the examining of your hair they couldn't see that some of your natural texture came in looser than the other and some straight, that way they could have let you know what to exspect, I just think it's crazy and highly over prices. IMHO

Sorry I couldn't give you the review you expected (?), but I do I hear where you are coming from. She did explain to me before she cut that the top of my hair was looser, and that is why more length could be cut off and blend in because there was less shrinkage where the back that curled up more would hold on to the length. After the cut and losing some of those bad ends, some of the hair definitely curled up, but there are still the patch that seems to look as is. I do believe my expectations were high in regards about the nature of my hair. As far as the styling...you are right because I was not satisfied, but fault of my own, I did not express my dissatisfaction as much as I should have.

The cut is what will bring me back there at least one more time. I'm not that pressed about having the silky smooth ringlet curls that shingling and silkeners give you (plus toooooo much work) but I've been back home from school for over 3 years and have not found anyone I trust to put scissors to my hair, which is why I go 6 months or longer at a time without a trim. Because I do not visit a salon regularly or at all, spending the $250 once every 4 months is pretty much what I would spend, if not less than what I would to spend when going to the salon weekly like I used to in the same time span.

Last edited:
zora said:
Thanks SO,

I was about to come to NJ to get you to post. :D

Thanks for the detailed account. I'm glad overall that you were happy with your services.

You think if I wanted to get my relaxed hair done but transition to natural at the same time, they would do my hair? Or would they ask me to come back with more natural hair?

I've actually been there before but they did a straight style for me when I was fully relaxed.

I'm going to GUESS that if you do insist on maintaining the two textures..., they will do it, however, you will most likely get charged an extra fee.

Wow, I really enjoyed reading about ur Curve experience... it was worth the wait :cool:

Sorry u didn't get the results u wanted... but ur hair is still very pretty.

Thanks for sharing... (( I can't wait for my curve visit ))

Found my drive to upload...

Here's a pic from the back.

Attachments

• curve visit.JPG
    curve visit.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 65
MeccaMedinah said:
Are they going to add your before and after pics?

Hope not, lol. They keep albums and albums of photos in the salon for people to look at. All photo's don't make it to the website, but i'm sure they all get filed in one of the albums

Wow, thanks for the review. I want to eventually make it to curves for the cut or maybe the curly girl salon (The name escapes me for the moment.) Good info. I know your hair isnt how you had hoped but it still looks great. :)

No, no, I understand you gave the review you experienced, I was responding to the high expectations and price so i thought it was going to be this excellent feed back but what can we expect their only human, at least you enjoyed your cut, so maybe you can at least get a nice cut when you go back and save some money by styling it yourself if you find over the next few months styles that you can do yourself and love them.
so1913 said:
Sorry I couldn't give you the review you expected (?), but I do I hear where you are coming from. She did explain to me before she cut that the top of my hair was looser, and that is why more length could be cut off and blend in because there was less shrinkage where the back that curled up more would hold on to the length. After the cut and losing some of those bad ends, some of the hair definitely curled up, but there are still the patch that seems to look as is. I do believe my expectations were high in regards about the nature of my hair. As far as the styling...you are right because I was not satisfied, but fault of my own, I did not express my dissatisfaction as much as I should have.

The cut is what will bring me back there at least one more time. I'm not that pressed about having the silky smooth ringlet curls that shingling and silkeners give you (plus toooooo much work) but I've been back home from school for over 3 years and have not found anyone I trust to put scissors to my hair, which is why I go 6 months or longer at a time without a trim. Because I do not visit a salon regularly or at all, spending the $250 once every 4 months is pretty much what I would spend, if not less than what I would to spend when going to the salon weekly like I used to in the same time span.

I really like your hair WOW, it does not look like it turned out bad, I guess it was really worth it, especially since you'll go every 6months, I just saw your picture in your siggy, I love it.:cool:
so1913 said:
Found my drive to upload...

Here's a pic from the back.

Wow ! It seems like that salon is on top of their game. I really like your hair. I am sorry it is not just like you wanted it but it is gorgeous ! Those curls are to die for !

very pretty. I'm glad that you had a good experience at Curve. I've visited them a number of times and yes Titi's hair is g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s and on top of that she's the sweetest person. You described the experience to a T, brought me back. lol. Miko is a doll as well and yes she can get major attitude and is basically the only person in the salon who will cut/apply any chemicals (she also has a silkener). Titi is there for styling, blowouts, prepping the hair,etc.

Another great stylist who works with hair of all textures is Dickey, the author of Hair Rules. I went to him and he did a fabulous job, highly recommend him.

lydc said:
very pretty. I'm glad that you had a good experience at Curve. I've visited them a number of times and yes Titi's hair is g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s and on top of that she's the sweetest person. You described the experience to a T, brought me back. lol. Miko is a doll as well and yes she can get major attitude and is basically the only person in the salon who will cut/apply any chemicals (she also has a silkener). Titi is there for styling, blowouts, prepping the hair,etc.

Another great stylist who works with hair of all textures is Dickey, the author of Hair Rules. I went to him and he did a fabulous job, highly recommend him.

Could you please PM me with his number? I am way overdue for a touch-up! Thanks!

lydc said:

I am going to him in December for a consultation and trim. I hope its not too pricey :confused: I am curious to hear what he has to say about my transition since I dont want to BC.

ETA: Thanks for the Curve Salon update.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that was a great review and I think your hair looks really good. I see what you mean about the looser texture at the top but the cut they gave you really does blend it well. They seem to be true experts on textured hair.

Your hair looks awesome! I can't wait to go! LOL Thanks so much for your indepth review. However, I do have a question: Did you notice if any of the other clients were transitioning from relaxers/texurizers to natural and if they were, what type of techniques were they using on their hair? ;) Oh, just one more...did you see them do any Kinky deep wave sets or braidouts? I've always wondered if their technique for braid/twist outs differed from what we do at home. Again your hair look's great and thanks for taking the time to give us the dish.

Blesssings

Sun

Sunshine_One said:
Your hair looks awesome! I can't wait to go! LOL Thanks so much for your indepth review. However, I do have a question: Did you notice if any of the other clients were transitioning from relaxers/texurizers to natural and if they were, what type of techniques were they using on their hair? ;) Oh, just one more...did you see them do any Kinky deep wave sets or braidouts? I've always wondered if their technique for braid/twist outs differed from what we do at home. Again your hair look's great and thanks for taking the time to give us the dish.

Blesssings

Sun

I did not notice any transitioners. The 2 people or so I saw come in with any relaxed and natural hair had the relaxed hair removed. I did see them begin a twist out on someone...Titi and one of the assistants each took one side of the ladies hair and started two strand twisting with, I think, Curly Buttercreme. I was not there long enough to see the final product.

They do work with transitioning hair, but there will be an extra fee tacked on for working with the two textures.

so1913 said:
I did not notice any transitioners. The 2 people or so I saw come in with any relaxed and natural hair had the relaxed hair removed. I did see them begin a twist out on someone...Titi and one of the assistants each took one side of the ladies hair and started two strand twisting with, I think, Curly Buttercreme. I was not there long enough to see the final product.

They do work with transitioning hair, but there will be an extra fee tacked on for working with the two textures.

That just doesn't seem right. It better when there is a set price. Otherwise they can add on for anything....

I had to use gloves to apply the silkener fee....$25....
Oh you want it parted on the left? $35 add on fee.....

Thanks for the reveiw. I am thinking about going during the summer with some of my girlfriend for a weekend in new york. Your hair looks nice.

lkg4healthyhair said:
That just doesn't seem right. It better when there is a set price. Otherwise they can add on for anything....

I had to use gloves to apply the silkener fee....$25....
Oh you want it parted on the left? $35 add on fee.....

You know what...as funny as it sounds...unfortunately and honestly, that's exactly what it sounded like in there.

Back