A "Lesser Existence"

Yes, we are seeking the truth as Christian women.

1Pet. 3.4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 3.5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 3.6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord:

whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

These words hit me like a bolt...

"...whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. "

This just stands out to me as: Don't be 'afraid' to surrender our trust in our men..."

God already took care of this for us (as women) in the verses that follow in I Peter 3 ...

7In the same way you married men should live considerately with [your wives], with an [c]intelligent recognition [of the marriage relation], honoring the woman as [physically] the weaker, but [realizing that you] are joint heirs of the grace (God's unmerited favor) of life, in order that your prayers may not be hindered and cut off. [Otherwise you cannot pray effectively.]

8Finally, all [of you] should be of one and the same mind (united in spirit), sympathizing [with one another], loving [each other] as brethren [of one household], compassionate and courteous (tenderhearted and humble).

9Never return evil for evil or insult for insult (scolding, tongue-lashing, berating), but on the contrary blessing [praying for their welfare, happiness, and protection, and truly pitying and loving them]. For know that to this you have been called, that you may yourselves inherit a blessing [from God--that you may obtain a blessing as heirs, bringing welfare and happiness and protection].
10For let him who wants to enjoy life and see good days [good--whether apparent or not] keep his tongue free from evil and his lips from guile (treachery, deceit).

------------
I'm learning a lot in here today... :yep: It really is a wealth of knowledge being shared here by eveyone. :Rose:

Agree!
Painting in the house is his duty!

But one day, I painted a room because he was too busy and asked to me if I can do it for him. I think that I did it better than him, the meticulous way (I would not say this to him). He greatly appreciate my help. But, it is his duty, not mine.

Excellent example of being 'one'. :yep:

@ the bolded... Oh no, not at all. It's definitely the responsibility of both mother and father.

Yet in life, it's the women that children spend more time with, be it "Mommie", Teacher, Day Care, School, grandmothers; even in Sunday School, the woman is the primary gender that children are with and learn from. The men are low on the scale in these life postions which affect our children, the women abound in presence. Daddie goes to work and Mommie stays home to care for the children. From the 'pottie to the classroom, it's a woman leading and instructing the children.

BTW: :bighug: You're not mis-understood. It's just hard to communicate in forum text, that's all.

I know what you mean. In many societies, the culture and religion are passed down from the mother. She's the primary teacher who passes on the nation's culture to the children for all the generations. Even if there are interfaith marriages, the kids usually follow the faith of the mother. I get this one lol!

I agree with your entire post; bear in mind, that it's not about opening doors as a 'robot', he does so because he loves her even with the 'little things'. It may not 'seem' like much, but it speaks volumes about what a man truly feels about the woman in his life. :Rose:

This is SO true. SO would only need to see me hold my foot (which may hurt from wearing heels) and he would rub it for me. Those little things I love because, though the pain would go away alone if he wasn't there, its a very nice gesture. Not to mention relaxing!

What a nice conversation.

It's social conditioning. We're all just a minute out of a veil and chadoor covering up everything.

I definitely feel this sometimes.

I was listening to a pastor on the radio the other day and he was saying that men do not understand how to have the "protector" role anymore with the lack of fathers in the home. They rely on sterotypes rather than seeing how they can truly be the protector of their wives or girlfriends.

Gender roles are tricky things, given that they are Scriptural, societal, and personal, and all those factors come together and it gets difficult to separate it all out, and so we rely on those easily identifiable things, often surface-level, to help us feel that were acting in our roles. But God's call to men and women goes beyond that.

I think a huge part of masculinity is being willing to take responsibility for the other person and the relationship as a whole, and for men, being willing to sacrifice himself for the good of his wife (as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her). And Christ's sacrificial love means a man personally investing in his wife's spiritual growth, encouraging her emotionally, making sure her physical needs are taken care of, etc. But it takes a lot of spiritual and emotional maturity and understanding to be able to do those things, so I think that sometimes we settle for the easier things like who makes dinner, takes out the trash, etc.

My my my, aint that the truth.. :yep:

Well said...

Gender roles are tricky things, given that they are Scriptural, societal, and personal, and all those factors come together and it gets difficult to separate it all out, and so we rely on those easily identifiable things, often surface-level, to help us feel that were acting in our roles. But God's call to men and women goes beyond that.

I think a huge part of masculinity is being willing to take responsibility for the other person and the relationship as a whole, and for men, being willing to sacrifice himself for the good of his wife (as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her). And Christ's sacrificial love means a man personally investing in his wife's spiritual growth, encouraging her emotionally, making sure her physical needs are taken care of, etc. But it takes a lot of spiritual and emotional maturity and understanding to be able to do those things, so I think that sometimes we settle for the easier things like who makes dinner, takes out the trash, etc.

WHY DID MY POST ANSWERING MOMI GET DELETED????? I'm the only person censored in this thread. I don't understand that. :nono:

God bless you wonderful ladies in this ForHim... :rosebud: ...it'll be a while before I post here; I feel the need to pray about this, as it is very unsettling to my spirit. I will always be a salty saint for the Most High God, to please him and him alone. :yep:

Amen and God bless,
:rosebud:
Leviticus 2:13
And every offering of your grain offering you shall season with salt; you shall not allow the salt of the covenant of your God to be lacking from your grain offering. With all your offerings you shall offer salt.

God bless you wonderful ladies in this ForHim... :rosebud: ...it'll be a while before I post here; I feel the need to pray about this, as it is very unsettling to my spirit. I will always be a salty saint for the Most High God, to please him and him alone. :yep:

Amen and God bless,
And every offering of your grain offering you shall season with salt; you shall not allow the salt of the covenant of your God to be lacking from your grain offering. With all your offerings you shall offer salt.

I respect your decision - but please come back soon. I have truly benefited from your insight and ability to speak the truth in love.
:bighug:

Amen and God bless,

Laela, you're very much appreciated here. :yep:

___

Aviah, regarding the op, I was just listening on the radio to a story about women who have gotten into the whole Fantasy Football world, and the reporter (male) highlighted the fact that a lot of husbands whose wives have gotten into it are really proud and brag to their buddies about the fact that their wife is into it too, saying it was "kinda hot."

My aunt married a former NFL player and much of their bonding happens through their mutual love of sports and exercise, being active, etc. They have a lovely family and a lovely marriage.

Very good friend of mine recently married her best friend, and so much of their common interests include video games and techno-geek kinda stuff. They had a beautiful courtship and are pretty happy together.

And I definitely had a male friend of mine talk about how "awesome" it was that I played soccer for 10 years and am hoping to do a triathalon at some point.

All that to say that women do not have to be confined to any particular type of "existence" to be viewed as beautiful, desirable, attractive to men. It just depends on the particular man. Lots of men view women who like to play around, do sports, play video games, etc. They see it as something they can share with her. Others might not, but it doesn't have much to do with any kind of theological point. It's personal preference.

And personally, I love my hair and makeup and clothes, but I'd go crazy if I felt I couldn't play sports, do outdoorsy things, ride rollercoasters, shoot pool, etc. all for the sake of being feminine. It's not about that. Women should feel free to live and experience life and God's creation and all that just as well as men.

Last edited:
What a nice conversation.

I definitely feel this sometimes.

The thing is people have always corrupted Scripture to suite meaningless tradition and culture.

Laela, you're very much appreciated here. :yep:

___

Aviah, regarding the op, I was just listening on the radio to a story about women who have gotten into the whole Fantasy Football world, and the reporter (male) highlighted the fact that a lot of husbands whose wives have gotten into it are really proud and brag to their buddies about the fact that their wife is into it too, saying it was "kinda hot."

My aunt married a former NFL player and much of their bonding happens through their mutual love of sports and exercise, being active, etc. They have a lovely family and a lovely marriage.

Very good friend of mine recently married her best friend, and so much of their common interests include video games and techno-geek kinda stuff. They had a beautiful courtship and are pretty happy together.

And I definitely had a male friend of mine talk about how "awesome" it was that I played soccer for 10 years and am hoping to do a triathalon at some point.

All that to say that women do not have to be confined to any particular type of "existence" to be viewed as beautiful, desirable, attractive to men. It just depends on the particular man. Lots of men view women who like to play around, do sports, play video games, etc. They see it as something they can share with her. Others might not, but it doesn't have much to do with any kind of theological point. It's personal preference.

And personally, I love my hair and makeup and clothes, but I'd go crazy if I felt I couldn't play sports, do outdoorsy things, ride rollercoasters, shoot pool, etc. all for the sake of being feminine. It's not about that. Women should feel free to live and experience life and God's creation and all that just as well as men.

Agreed. I love heels as much as wrestling. I plan to give up neither :grin:

Aviah,
You'll have to mark this post and check back with us in 5 years to let us know if you still feel the same...

Back