A Hard C & G challenge. Don't join if you can't hang.

I am on it ...last year my hair grew aprox 6 inches on a six month braid ..no wet hair in the winter kick ... i have since ruined it with a texturizer ...going to get my 21/2 inch hair braided in the am...afro kinky bulk 33

I'm still in. It's been a month. I'm wearing my own hair in twists right now. I signed up for the 6 month challenge but I have decided to stay in the challenge for a year.:yep:

im still in although i will be doing it with my own hair no extensions for the next 3 weeks to see if i can learn how to retain moisture in my hair without extensions...if not im back to adding extensions after 3weeks.

I'm still going strong. Today I had my hair cornrowed without extension (the first time ever!) and I'm plan on keeping them in for 10 weeks. Wish me luck :grin:.

I'm IN!!! I did my own BRAIDS on Friday
Dec 28!!! I'm going natural and am going to use braids to help me cope... so I'm up for the year challenge!!!

Still in.. 5 months left:woot: I'm going to order some Phyto Index II because I might need two containers after my 16 month stretch.:yep: June 2008 is my deadline.

Hi everybody!
How are you ladies doing?
I have to say this challenge is sum'n! Anyways I just redid my braids after almost going out of mind cos of all that NG. It took me a shorter time this time around to put them in( I guess I'm becoming quite the pro if I say so myself!:grin:). Take a peek in my fotki.
Remain resolved and we will see this through!
HHG

Hello Ladies! I'm doing well. I'm so surprised at my hair and its flourishing ! I took out my previous braids (which i kept in for 4 months!) and i just put in another set of braids last week so i'm doing well.

How bout u?

I'm still going strong. I just did a set of box braids. It's the first time I've done them myself. I'm going to try to keep them in for at least three weeks.

I'm still going strong. I just did a set of box braids. It's the first time I've done them myself. I'm going to try to keep them in for at least three weeks.

You go girl! I am still in there too. I am twisting and shouting as I go along!

I'm jumping in late because i'm not on the forums often, but I have been wearing my sewn-in since November '07. The year challenge is on for me which I was doing regardless.
For the ladies that have BSL/APL wearing braid extensions, can you share pics or links to braid pics that won't harm your length? I am presently looking for a job & after finding one I want braids. The only ones I've seen that I may like are a fuller version of stacy dash's inthe movie "clueless". They would need to be braided all the way to the ends just like hers were & I don't feel hers were really micros which i don't want either, i just don't have a clue as to what type of hair was being used on her but it looked natural to me which is what i'm seeking.

Hi Ladies,

I'm at the beginning stages of my transition from relax to natural. I know I'm all late but would like to do a 6-month challenge. I'm getting individuals tomorrow. So I will go until mid-June taking no more than a 2 day break if I take all the braids out.

I have been going back and forth about joining this challenge. Why not? I'm going to wear braid or twist the whole year anyway. My current style is cornrows.

Hello Ladies:hiya:
I'm a Newbie and I would love to get in on this Challenge if it's not to late. I'm about an inch away from armpit and would love to hit bra strap by the end of the year. My biggest problem...keeping my hands out of my hair, so braids is the only way to go for me, I had braids put in 2wks ago using my own hair, you might as well call me braidsicles, cuz I'm braiding for the rest of the year...Cya at the finish line,:grin:

I'm jumping in late because i'm not on the forums often, but I have been wearing my sewn-in since November '07. The year challenge is on for me which I was doing regardless.
For the ladies that have BSL/APL wearing braid extensions, can you share pics or links to braid pics that won't harm your length? I am presently looking for a job & after finding one I want braids. The only ones I've seen that I may like are a fuller version of stacy dash's inthe movie "clueless". They would need to be braided all the way to the ends just like hers were & I don't feel hers were really micros which i don't want either, i just don't have a clue as to what type of hair was being used on her but it looked natural to me which is what i'm seeking.
Hi ebony, my braids are just like the ones you are describing I used kanekolon (sp?) hair.

SO I'm still in the challenge I've been through 3 sets of braids in the last month.... i'm getting better, the problem was that i had 100% synthetic hair and not kanekalon, so they looked cheap and plastic. now i have in my kanekelon and they look great. I will post pic soon. i really really like not having to deal with my hair. I sometimes forget to mositurize with my braid spray/infusium/water mixture. keep up the good work ladies

I know I'm late, but I'm in!! Sadly, my hair is slowly thinning thanks to my hairdresser (former) who switched from no-lye to lye on my fine strands--without my knowlege. Anywho, I'm getting depressed sweeping my hair off the floor every day--all my hard work! So I'm going to braid it up, at least for 6 months while I recover from this. I can't believe I'm back in this rut because of someone else's actions, but that's another thread :ohwell:. I'm excited about joining the challenge, maybe I'll even transition!

Late as well. But I am in for the next 6 months. Staying in twists. I had some twist extensions earlier this month, but took them out as they just weren't for me.

Now, I have my own hair twisted and back in a bun. Double protective style I guess.

The plan is twist, keep in for two weeks, remove, wash, deep condition and retwist.

This has nothing to do with the thread sorry, just wanted to tell MekyakaKinkerbelle I love your siggy and your afro, girl thats whats up.

I want to join please! I will put my braids in on sunday and update my fotki I want to try it for 1 year I wants bra strap by august God's willing.

I'm in just give me a week so I can be a couple of weeks post relaxer, I can only hang for the min though:lachen:

scarcity21;2858729[COLOR="Red" said:
]im in the 6 month challenge to possibly go for a yr...started 8/1/07...will end 2/1/08
[/COLOR]

Well it is 2/3/08...And im having so much fun with this challenge that I decided to go the full year so Im ending 8/1/08!!!:grin:
Scratch that^^^^^...im trying to learn what products work for my hair since ive been in braids off and off since 2005 and i really do NOT know how to take care of my OWN NATURAL hair...if i change my mind and decide to do this again for 6 months, ill let y'all know!!!

Last edited:
i'm late but i'm in... i'll be wearing weaves & braid extensions for a whole year. (probably longer!) i got my first weave of the year on Jan. 25th. i plan to take it down in a couple weeks, dc, & get it redone the next day. so it's. weaves until may, braids until september, and then weaves unti the new year... i think, lol.

Ooops when did this end? the 6 month I mean- anyways at this point I've been consistent but had to have my hair out once in Dec (in wedding) weaved it back in 2 days though- but now intend to be in braids or cornrows till summer (June-ish) I made shoulder length but want to be full APL this year so that's what I'm aiming for...

ITS FEB HOW IS EVERY BODY DOING? I DOING GREAT:yep:CANT WAIT TO PREM:lachen:AND SEE ALL MY NEWGROWTH THAT ONE TEMPLE IS STILL ACTING UP:wallbash:ITSGROWINGING SOOOOOOOO SLOW IAM TRYING EVERY THING:yep::spinning::rolleyes:SEE NEXT MONTH HAPPY GRO

Back