A Girl Walks Into A Bar

ArrrBeee

My goal is to see what happens when I go to different happy hours alone around my city. I'm doing this because I've never done it before and it kind of freaks me out. As I've gotten older and more comfortable in my skin, I'm all about doing things that push me out of my comfort zone.

The plan is to go out 2-3 times a month. I'll document my progress here for accountability purposes.

My goal is to see what happens when I go to different happy hours alone around my city. I'm doing this because I've never done it before and it kind of freaks me out. As I've gotten older and more comfortable in my skin, I'm all about doing things that push me out of my comfort zone.

The plan is to go out 2-3 times a month. I'll document my progress here for accountability purposes.

I tried that once. Sat at the bar alone right next to a cutie who was unwinding after work. We chatted for quite some time and he paid for my drinks/food. Nothing came of it, but it was nice to get that kind of attention.

Go for it. Looking forward to hearing your progress.

I mean, do you want suggestions from the ladies on the board that are coming from a married standpoint? Is this your final decision?

Is your goal to have fun or meet the love of your life?

I mean, do you want suggestions from the ladies on the board that are coming from a married standpoint? Is this your final decision?

Is your goal to have fun or meet the love of your life?

I'm always open to suggestions and I'm doing it to have fun.

Do you go alone? What do you/should I do when I get there? Sit at the bar? A table? I do not mind going out alone I just didn't know if other single women did this.
I had to get used to it since I traveled so much for work. I wasn't about to sit in my room night after night. Sit at the bar only get a table if you are not in the mood to talk to anyone. Go to a nice restaurant and have dinner at the bar. Chat with the bartender. Do not read a book or be so engrossed in your phone

Do it! I do it all the time, I have my regular places now and the bartenders know me. I know some regular patrons too now.

I also like going to bars early in the evenings on weekends before it gets crowded, it's still quiet then.

If I'm not in a talkative mood, I have my book or tablet with me.

Go a few times and you'll get comfortable talking to people. Make friends with the bartender. Look over at your neighbors, say hi, ask them how it's going. I go to places that serve cool beer and drinks, so I'll ask what they're drinking, what kind of beers do they like, etc. I meet tons of people, usually just a nice conversation. I don't need a date from every conversation, I just enjoy talking to people - unless I'm in a mood lol.

Going out a big sports night is a good idea too. Even if you don't care about the game, there's lots of men there.

Go with a friend if you're nervous. Just one friend, maybe too. Don't go with a gang of women.

If you're in DC, let me know. I'll be your wingwoman :)

ETA: If your goal is to meet people, I agree with not being engrossed with your phone. If I have my tablet, it's usually because I'm doing a crossword or reading an e-book. But reading a regular book looks friendlier to me and it's a conversation starter (what are you reading?).

I had to get used to it since I traveled so much for work. I wasn't about to sit in my room night after night. Sit at the bar only get a table if you are not in the mood to talk to anyone. Go to a nice restaurant and have dinner at the bar. Chat with the bartender. Do not read a book or be so engrossed in your phone
I'm so guilty of this when I travel. In fact i did this tonight.

OP, if you're not exhausted then go for it. There's nothing to lose really.

Some of the best nights of my life have come from sitting in a bar solo. Rich people like to scoop me up and take me on an adventure lol. I've been accused of being a free spirit IRL though, so I don't think my experiences are typical.

Have fun and be open!

A sweater? What kind of sweater? I hate going out in the winter because dressing warm and attractive can be hard.
I have maybe one or two successful winter styles :lachen:
Then again California winters last a month at maximum so I'll live lol

After looking at it, I think it may be too conservative. My dilemma is that I work at a school and dress extremely casual, so I'll have to bring a change of clothes. Do you have some outfit suggestions?

This is my daily life. I kinda got stuck at one place because its close to my home and the manager has a crush on me so I drink for free. I need to stop being cheap and keep roaming.

After looking at it, I think it may be too conservative. My dilemma is that I work at a school and dress extremely casual, so I'll have to bring a change of clothes. Do you have some outfit suggestions?
I got two outfits that bring me success
1000017967_010_1.jpg
zho9yq-l.jpg

ETA:
tumblr_nusbzsx8hl1u7leb2o4_250.jpg

If its super cold I wear tights and bring a jacket.
If its to cold for that I stay home:lachen:

Last edited:
Super cute. I have a few variations of the first pic.

Both outfits work well for cold weather climates as well. Pair with tights and knee high boots or booties.

Back